Virtua Fighter cab, OK for TATE?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
D

Virtua Fighter cab, OK for TATE?

Post by D »

http://www.speurders.nl/show_photo.php? ... to_count=2

Please help me out here. Can the monitor of this cab be rotated to TATE?
Ord

Post by Ord »

I'm pretty sure you can't tate that, i'm also pretty sure that it isn't jamma. I could be wrong though.
Ikaruga review now up in PLASMA BLOSSOM
Pingu

Post by Pingu »

I have one of those and I'm quite sure you could tate, not 100% sure though. You will need to rewire it from model 1 to jamma though. (Save the cut of parts and make a jamma-> model 1 adapter.) As for the monitor it's probably a nanano twinsync monitor with a mitsubichi tube or similar, if it's the original one that is.

edit: upon further inspection it seems it's 49cm between the chassi holes both on the horizontal and vertical plane, it's also quite roomy so I eblive you can "rotate" the monitor. And by rotate I mean two guys grunting and hurting themselves pulling it out, rotating it and putting it back again getting small cuts from getting caught with your fingers putting it back.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Pingu wrote:As for the monitor it's probably a nanano twinsync monitor with a mitsubichi tube or similar, if it's the original one that is.
I thought the original Virtua Fighter cabs were medium res tubes only (not switchable sync). Maybe you are thinking about VF2 or later? Anyway, this is why most people stay away from this cab.
Pingu

Post by Pingu »

Dave_K. wrote:I thought the original Virtua Fighter cabs were medium res tubes only (not switchable sync). Maybe you are thinking about VF2 or later? Anyway, this is why most people stay away from this cab.
Well, my old VF cab had a dual sync, though you have to pull one contact out of the chassi board and put it into another socket in order to switch it over which required me to take the entire monitor out the first time in order to find it (even though I did have the service manual). Then again the European cabinets where made in England I belive, at least the three I've worked on. After consulting the manual I get the Nanano model number MS8-26SU and the Horizontal frequenzy is 15.75kHz for mode 1 and 24.39kHz for mode 2.

Could be that the American tubes where 25kHz only but the European can play 15kHz ones as well.