Game Shark / Breaker Pro for JPN PS ONE games on PS2??

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
dhowerter

Game Shark / Breaker Pro for JPN PS ONE games on PS2??

Post by dhowerter »

Hi :)

I read in another thread here that you can use a Game Shark for ps2 to play import PS ONE games on a USA ps2.

(that is, with NO mod chip or anything else necessary, except for something to fool the ps2 into thinking its ALWAYS closed, so you can put in the import ps one game without it knowing)

Is this true?

If YES, than exactly which model of Game Shark (or another cheat device) do I need? and how exactly does it work?

Also will this method work on a SLIMLINE pS Two? (assuming you can fool it into thinking it's always closed of course)

I have also heard of the Breaker Pro boot disc also and am considering it.

Has anyone actually tried Breaker Pro with a slimline ps Two and a ps ONE import game? If so, how did it work?

I really need to know about both these items, so PLEASE help!
Last edited by dhowerter on Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
zaphod

Post by zaphod »

They are prbably talkign about using it as a swap disc. ye, it's probably doable, but it's hard ot set up a ps2 for swapping. and if you are gonna swap anywa, yjust get a ps1 and a piece of plastic. and a breaker pro disc.
Zach Keene

Post by Zach Keene »

Moved to Hardware.
dhowerter

Post by dhowerter »

Anybody know which exact model of gameshark / cheat device I would need to play ps1 imports on ps two (the SLIMLINE ONE)?

I could use a ps1, but It'd be nice a PS TWO could play everything ps1 and ps2 for me :D

I have heard of the Breaker pro boot disc also and am considering it.

Has anyone actually tried Breaker pro with a slimline ps Two and a ps ONE import game? If so, how did it work?
zaphod

Post by zaphod »

The breaker pro is a working swap disk for ps2. psx-exchange will NOT work on a ps2. problem is you need to also get a case mod to be able to flip top the thing. the slimline cases are a bit easier to ghetto-fliptop mod. just open the case up and muck with the two lid sensors.