PVM/BVM questions

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
ryu

Re: PVM/BVM questions

Post by ryu »

if it's the whole screen and not just the left side, the keystone setting might help you (rotates image a little).
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
Xan

Post by Xan »

Would that be a pot or service menu setting?

I realize that before doing anything about troubleshooting this I really need the 240p test suite, but I don't have the right consoles for it. Would running a Mega Drive emulator on a Wii w/ RGB do the trick?
ryu

Post by ryu »

on the sony monitors i had it was a normal osd setting
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
Xan

Post by Xan »

Well here are the results (PVM above, BVM below):
http://i40.tinypic.com/2i6lx1e.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/2ep1z6f.jpg

Convergence on the BVM looks good, the image is shifted to the left but not that big of a deal for me... but on the PVM there is some major distortion going on and a nasty convergence issue on the left, do I have any chances of getting rid of that without zapping myself to death or does it have to stay like that? :/

I also couldn't find a keystone setting, maybe it's only for PC monitors...
DrZhark

Post by DrZhark »

thanks to this topic, I tried my hand at adjusting the focus on my Sony PVM 2530

the focus pot is not on the neck, but rather on the flyback on the bottom board (following the red cable)
the pot is marked as 'focus'

it was an easy adjustment