I just bought my first cabinet... (pics added)

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Vexorg

I just bought my first cabinet... (pics added)

Post by Vexorg »

Earlier today I met with somneone from work who has a rather extensive arcade collection (His pinball collection was especially impressive, including some of the newer Stetn machines, and those were just the ones stored in the garage.) After taking a look, I decided to go ahead and buy the Strikers 1945 listed on this page. I will have it delivered here sometime this week, and I'll post some pictures when I get it. I'm not sure I entirely like the control panel, but I'll make do with it for now, and look at the possibility of adding a third button to each side. I am told that the cabinet was formerly from a Quarterback. The monitor was in good shape and appeared free of burn-in.

Is there anything I should make note to look for when I get this? Also, is it possible to replace the control panel with something I could fit more buttons on, and if so, how difficult would it be?
Last edited by Vexorg on Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We want you, save our planet!
Xbox Live: Vexorg | The Sledgehammer - Version 2.0
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Looks like one of them dynamo style metal control panels. You could look around for a Street Fighter panel of the same type (6 buttons). If you look at the MVC picture which is above yours on that page, you will see what I mean.

Otherwise you could try to drill your own holes (with a proper metal routing bit).
ResOGlas

Post by ResOGlas »

Congrats, arcade machines are a very fun hobby. I'm up to five machines already!

1. Crazy Climer, dedicated
2. Neo-Geo 2-slot, dedicated
3. Ghosts N' Goblins, dedicated
4. Capcom Impress - Horizontal monitor
5. Sega NEW Astro City - Vertical monitor

If you want to see my bitches you can check em' out here:

http://members.aol.com/porygon000/mycabs
Hail Atlantis!
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Molloy

Post by Molloy »

Dave, what are the classic games you have there on the right? I see a williams one poking out.

http://pic16.picturetrail.com/VOL699/25 ... 553676.jpg
Vexorg

Post by Vexorg »

My cabinet got delivered to my place over the lunch break. It's not in the best shape ever (but I can't complain for $250 with the Strikers PCB included.)

Here are a couple of pics (click for larger versions):

The first thing I plan to do is put some sort of casters on it so it's easier to move around (It turned out a fair bit larger than I expected, I'm not sure where I would have put a Japanese style cab if I had got one of those.) After that I want to see what I can do with the control panel (which might be fairly tricky, but I'll have to take a closer look at it.
We want you, save our planet!
Xbox Live: Vexorg | The Sledgehammer - Version 2.0
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Molloy wrote:Dave, what are the classic games you have there on the right? I see a williams one poking out.

They are my beloved original Stargate, Robotron, and Joust. (In fact I still think Stargate is one of the hardest hori shooters I've ever had the pleasure of playing.) The Spy Hunter sit down is still browken at the moment (re-building the power supply and wiring harness).

Vexorg, I think you made out very well for your first cab!
Molloy

Post by Molloy »

Dave_K. wrote:
Molloy wrote:Dave, what are the classic games you have there on the right? I see a williams one poking out.

They are my beloved original Stargate, Robotron, and Joust. (In fact I still think Stargate is one of the hardest hori shooters I've ever had the pleasure of playing.) The Spy Hunter sit down is still browken at the moment (re-building the power supply and wiring harness).

Vexorg, I think you made out very well for your first cab!
Man, I could play Robtron and Joust forever. I'd by unsure about buying dedicated in most circumstances but those are two I would never tire of.

Used to play alot of Spy Hunter on the C64 when I was 6 or 7. It doesn't work that well in MAME with digital controls. I'd love to have a shot at it with a steering wheel.