Best Batteries for Sega Saturn?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
TWITCHDOCTOR

Best Batteries for Sega Saturn?

Post by TWITCHDOCTOR »

My original lithium battery lasted around 4 to 5 years if I remember correctly.
I purchased another, and it only lasted about a year!!! WTF! :?
Anyway, the number was/is "2032" 3.0Volts. I just picked up one today(same kind as before, because I'm tired of not being able to save a darn thing!)). I hope it lasts longer than the previous one did.

So, anybody else use a similar battery? Anyone get more "miles" with a different numbered one? I suspect they're all the same though, really...
mannerbot

Post by mannerbot »

You will probably get more use out of your CR2032 if it's a name brand and not just some flea market cheapie. However, the big thing is how often your Saturn is being used. If you left it plugged in all the time and played it every day the first five years, that would explain why the battery lasted so long.
Marler

Post by Marler »

Actually touching the battery with your bare hands can reduce the charge
greatly on such a small battery, best to sort of slide it in with a small
screwdriver or something plastic, at least, that's what they taught me
when I used to work for Tandy. Anyway, try to avoid completing the circuit
while putting it in. Might be it.
superhitachi4

Post by superhitachi4 »

I've had Sony, and Panasonic CR2032 lithium batteries last quite a while in various unused motherboards. Believe the Panasonic battery was unused for 2 years in some discarded motherboard, but it was *still* good. It was used quite a bit before that as well. As a matter of fact, one of my Saturns has been using this battery for a few months without a problem. :shock: As far as the batteries from Radio Shack go....I've been less than satisfied. My oldschool PocketStation (little Sony LCD device for Playstation) used to eat the "Made in Switzerland" batteries from Radio Shack. At 3 bucks a pop this becomes a little costly. I'd recommend picking up a Made in Japan CR2032 (possibly a Panasonic, or Sony), or trying to find out which lithium batteries are used in medical equipment, such as heart monitors etc. Good luck. ;) **Also, as with all batteries it's not great to short them by touching + and -. Best to hold the battery from the sides, not that it would matter much for a few seconds.**
TWITCHDOCTOR

Post by TWITCHDOCTOR »

Thanks, I didn't know about that...I hold it by the sides anyway.
Usually, I just place it under my tounge! :shock: 8)