Tekken 5 with HRAP Stick bundle for USA!

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
PsikyoPshumpPshooterP

Tekken 5 with HRAP Stick bundle for USA!

Post by PsikyoPshumpPshooterP »

http://www.vgonetwork.com/Article.aspx?id=189

read it and weep, you people who just bought the HRAP stick..

it will include the game,dvd making of all the of tekken,artbook, HRAP Stick for only $99.99

and here is the picture of the kick ass joystick

http://www.vgonetwork.com/media/data//t ... 5stick.jpg

I know i got mine reserved at EB..only 20,000 will be made..
The cave whore count in this thread is unbelievable!!!
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

Damn- this controller looks kickass. I'll need to get a reservation in on this bundle which is a steal for $100.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
Thunder Force
Location: research and development facility for Vasteel Technology.

Post by Thunder Force »

Nice... That stick certainly has the looks. But will it have the same arcade parts inside?

Moved this announcement to Hardware board
PsikyoPshumpPshooterP

Post by PsikyoPshumpPshooterP »

visit this thread

http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthr ... ge=1&pp=15

to learn all about it..these guys are super accurate
The cave whore count in this thread is unbelievable!!!
DantesInferno

Post by DantesInferno »

I preordered mine..;) I am also trying to get the two hori sticks preordered as well..
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

Reading the Shoryuken board, it seems that while it is some kind of Hori RAP it doesn't have the turbo buttons and may not have the Sanwa stick. One poster cited that selling a normally $80 stick for $50 or less implies cost cuts and that may mean the Sanwa is replaced with a Hori stick.

I ordered a real Hori RAP from NCSX. Yes, it's expensive but it doesn't have that garish Tekken artwork which may not come off and I'm guaranteed a real Sanwa stick. I also ordered blue Sanwa buttons and ball top to make my own Hori SPECIAL ADDITION RAP.
VNAF Ace

Post by VNAF Ace »

Damn... Hori always makes good stuff (Ace Combat 5 flight stick, GCN Digital Controller, Tekken 5 arcade stick).

They're right up there with Logitech now.

I heard Nuby Tech's controllers were good too.
IndyCar Series. One series. All the stars.
MadSteelDarkness

Post by MadSteelDarkness »

Actually, Y2K, Nuby Tech's hardware is generally considered pretty crap IIRC.

But those Nuby Street Fighter PS2 controllers are damn sexy. I've got a couple myself and love them to pieces. I beat my old high score on Gradius V by leaps and bounds the first time I busted out on of those bad boys. A friend of mine who owns a game shop claims those were actually made by Ascii, but I think he may be full of it.

But back on topic:

I've got a Hori RAP and damn is it a fine stick. I personally would pass on the bundle, but only because I've already got the stick (and Tekken 5 art does nothing for me). For those of you that don't have one, though, you've got to get this!
mannerbot

Post by mannerbot »

I'm not surprised and don't care too much about this, but the stick included is not a Sanwa. Furthermore, the buttons would have to be desoldered from the PCB if you want to switch them with Sanwas.

Depending on whether or not I like Tekken 5, I might just sell off my bundle for a Hori Special RAP. Then again, even without a real Sanwa stick this bundle's still a huge bargain. Hope everyone got their orders in.
Last edited by mannerbot on Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skyline

Post by Skyline »

I'd like GameStop to make up their minds.

I usually call up random stores to get release dates on stuff that I preorder. One store said they'll have both the game and the LE on stock on the 25th. The one I went to by my house (turned in some stuff for store credit) said they won't have the LE until Monday-Wednesday...gonna call a different store this morning to see exactly WTF's going on.

...and this coming from someone who aready has a PSX Namco stick :x

EDIT: Just got back from picking mine up, just as FedEx was delivering them...heh. Even offered to help carry the boxes inside. XD
Last edited by Skyline on Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mannerbot

Post by mannerbot »

A GameStop manager posted at SRK forums, saying that due to shipping costs and the fact that GameStops don't receive shipments on weekends, most stores will be getting it on Monday.

I preordered two bundles, one for myself and one for a friend. The one that I preordered for my friend (a few days after I preordered mine) is coming tomorrow, while I have to wait until Monday for mine. :(
mannerbot

Post by mannerbot »

What a pleasant surprise, both sticks are arriving today. Wahoooo!
kemical

Post by kemical »

mine should be here in the next day or so hopefully.. just needed something to mod/mess with.
I just saw today that it's not any real japanese parts of the RAP though, just a cheap version and the buttons are all directly mounted to the pcb. I'm not too concerned, I'll see how it compares to the seimitsu joysticks I'm used to.
mirkvid

Post by mirkvid »

just got it the other day, im not picky like the shoryuken guys, so i think the stick is great, especially for the price. playing shmups with a stick makes a huge difference! i got DDPDOJ about a year ago and just now played it with a stick. its way better! my dual shock is deffinatly gunna collect some dust in the next few months!
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

The Tekken 5 stick is just fine. Hori parts are good. Just get a good PS2-to-USB adapter and you're in business with MAME. It's a great way to play Raiden Fighters 1, 2, and Jet.
pixeljunkie

Post by pixeljunkie »

its not sanwa parts and its got different guts than the RAP, but its still a great stick for the money!