Micomsoft XCAPTURE-1 USB 3.0 Capture Unit

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
system11

Re: Micomsoft XCAPTURE-1 USB 3.0 Capture Unit

Post by system11 »

Fudoh wrote:seems like quite an overkill. Do you (system11) actually still have problems with the older drivers ?

You could add a linedoubler (OSSC) to workaround the 15khz dilemma.
I haven't tested the Atari with this exact firmware revision, whatever was on the driver CD included in the box didn't work - maybe that was even older. I don't want to mess with doublers/etc as I'm trying to very specifically make an off-shelf mostly portable solution anyone could put together. It's part of an overall project.
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
NightSprinter

Post by NightSprinter »

Possibly, but also keep in mind the Startech and Micomsoft cards aren't compatible with the 256p55 output of the Irem M72 boards. A while back in the SC500 thread, I reported that via GroovyMAME (a fork that uses ATI cards with modded drivers to output at native resolution and refresh rate) no video feed for R-Type. So the Magewell may make capture feasible.
msgohan

Post by msgohan »

system11 wrote:[1.1.0.160.6] keeps stretching the image (seen in videokeeper, amarec and obs):
Here are the 3 settings pages, note 1440x240
You need to disable AUTO RESOLUTION SCALING to avoid a cropped and stretched output when the signal is detected as 1440x240P. A fellow first-timer here covered it a couple pages back, but here's a comparison showing the fix in action on a USB3HDCAP. I've only tested S-Video and composite, so maybe this still won't fix your issue.

(The reason it's a VCR menu is that I don't really play games these days. This forum has some interesting info for my video geekery, regardless.)
NightSprinter

Post by NightSprinter »

I can confirm on my old PCIe card component capture seems fine at 240p. If you are asking about RGB, well.......

Micomsoft officially states now on their SC512 and XCapture download pages to NOT use the new drivers. They officially mention RGB capture does not work fully, to revert to the previous, and new driver publication has ceased.

Using Google Translate, I tweeted to Micomsoft that the newest drivers broke RGB via retro. I guess that and other customer complaints finally warranted them putting up the warning.
korpse413

Post by korpse413 »

Silly question: do these drivers talk nicely between different hardware types (USB vs PCIe) or are they all unique to each hardware?

I ask because I got finally got around to installing my PEXHDCAP60L from StarTech and was wondering if these drivers will work? I tried the driver from StarTechs website (only one listed Version: 1.1.0.142) and it gives me the dreaded 100% CPU usage on my Windows 10 machine. Looking into different driver revisions now which led me here.. What is the Micomsoft equivilent of this card before this 'third party' StarTech slapped its packaging all over it? A SC-512N1-L/DVI without the stupid daughterboard passthru option?

(sorry I know its not the USB and I am posting here..)

Argghh..
system11

Post by system11 »

NightSprinter wrote:and new driver publication has ceased.
Wow, that's a shame.
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

STG wrote:
FinalBaton wrote:As anyone ever had this problem?
Try turning the sharpness in the driver all the way up to the max, I've had a similar issue and that helped fix it.
Upgraded to Amarec 3.0 (just in case) and turned the sharpness to max in the card driver like you said and it got rid of the jailbars!

Thanks again!
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Finally happy with my recordings! Still some frame skips once in a while, but it really doesn't happen that often. Overall the framerate is pretty smooth.

It hasn't been an easy journey, but thanks to the help of people on here, I made it through. A huge thank you to every one who has answered any of my questions on this forums, your help cannot be understated and I am infinitly grateful.

Make sure to subscribe to my channel and expect many more awesome quality LongPlays to come :mrgreen:
I'm just getting started, my gaming accomplishments will only get better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ET5mINgvDZs
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
NightSprinter

Post by NightSprinter »

@system11 That's how the translation for the driver page of both USB3 and PCIe devices state. StarTech gives no such warning.
"一部のアナログ解像度で正常にキャプチャ出来ない現象が確認された為、公開を停止いたしました。問題が出た方はアンインストールしていただき、旧バージョンを再インストールしてください。"

"Since the problem with part of analog capture being cut off is confirmed, we must cease driver publication. If the problem is experienced, please uninstall this driver and install the previous version."

If YUAN refuses to fix it, this will SERIOUSLY hurt sales of capture sales. Makes me wonder who Micomsoft will turn to, if a new OEM manufacturer has to be sought.
john9871

Post by john9871 »

SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED
i got this problem from two days and now i'm sick with this.
did anyone find the new solution?
john9871

Post by john9871 »

Hey! Here’s the mail I got recently for my problem

If your problem still exists, I have a following tutorial for you:
1:Get into BIOS
2:Enable Legacy boot (disable SecureBoot)
3:Disconnect your harddrivedisk (HDD, SSD)
4:Boot from a Windows CD or USB stick and start a command prompt
5: connect your HDD or SSD
6: type in:
diskpart
list disk
select disk # (# - number of your disk (hdd volume)
clean
(all of your data get lost)
7: Reinstall Windows
If you have any questions, add me on Skype - dlainght
Greetings, Andrey

Or otherwise try this – SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED – Solutions Encyclopedia
Last edited by john9871 on Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
parodius

Post by parodius »

Ok, I'm on driver v1.1.0.140 with an XCAPTURE-1 under Win7.
And of course I have the 100% cpu bug.

I don't mind the driver using 100% cpu when I'm using the capture card (not very often), but I'd like to know if there's a simple way to work around this bug the rest of the time (without upgrading to Win8 or 10).
Uninstalling the driver each time I don't need it seems my best option ?
Tried to disable it but it does not seem to change anything.
My sales thread : 2020/07/20..MASTER.VER.
parodius

Post by parodius »

Well, even uninstalling the driver does not solve the issue... any ideas ?
blizzz

Post by blizzz »

You have to reset your power plan.

Type in "power options" in the start menu, click "change plan settings" for your current plan and then "restore default settings".
parodius

Post by parodius »

Indeed. Thanks !

Was this solution already posted a few pages back ?
I was not patient enough to read everything...
parodius

Post by parodius »

Has anyone tried recording digital audio through the HDMI port with an S/PDIF + DVI to HDMI converter such as these ?
http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=5369

And more specifically, does it work with exotic sampling frequencies such as an S/PDIF modded SFC/SNES, or other arcade systems mentioned here ?
http://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php?topic=4189.0
JazawaToad

Post by JazawaToad »

I have the StarTech USB3HDCAP. It works well and is quite easy to use, but I get this audio popping/clicking sound during recordings. I also cannot record a 240p signal, as the bottom half of the video is cropped out. I've read through this whole thread but nothing has really fixed my issues. I had the 100% CPU usage bug, but I fixed that by changing my power settings.

I've tried StarTech's drivers, and I've tried Micomsoft's drivers. I've installed audio codecs per StarTech's suggestion, and still no difference.
I've also tried AmarecTV, but I honestly don't like the software compared to StreamCatcher. Plus, I really hate trying to find a good video codec.
NightSprinter wrote:I can confirm on my old PCIe card component capture seems fine at 240p. If you are asking about RGB, well.......

Micomsoft officially states now on their SC512 and XCapture download pages to NOT use the new drivers. They officially mention RGB capture does not work fully, to revert to the previous, and new driver publication has ceased.

Using Google Translate, I tweeted to Micomsoft that the newest drivers broke RGB via retro. I guess that and other customer complaints finally warranted them putting up the warning.
Because of what NightSprinter said, I'm downloading the second to oldest drivers package from Micomsoft. I've previously tried the latest Micomsoft drivers, but they didnt solve any problems.
My primary concern is this popping sound that never stops. Here's an example: https://youtu.be/rEqGiyw25Ng?t=155 (Listen with Headphones to hear the popping clearly)

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas, please let me know. In case its some issue with my PC hardware being incompatible, I'll list my specs.

MSI 970 Gaming Motherboard (AM3+)
AMD FX-8370 8-core CPU
2gb GTX 660
Adata 8gb (2x4) RAM
WD Blue 1TB HDD
WD Blue 320gb HDD
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

Is the bottom half of your 240p capture black? Am I understanding this correctly?

If that's the case, then it means that you need to enable line-doubling
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
JazawaToad

Post by JazawaToad »

FinalBaton wrote:Is the bottom half of your 240p capture black? Am I understanding this correctly?

If that's the case, then it means that you need to enable line-doubling

No, it's literally just cut off. Like so: https://gyazo.com/9692d8d378881a349c42f9cd9d66a6f2
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

JazawaToad wrote:No, it's literally just cut off. Like so: https://gyazo.com/9692d8d378881a349c42f9cd9d66a6f2
I do not have any experience with StreamCatcher, so I'm not sure that I'll be able to help you here.

One thing I find weird though, is that in your image, Streamcatcher detects 30fps. This is not right, and it probably means that it detects a 480i signal, when in reality it's a 240p signal.

Maybe this is a shortcoming of StreamCatcher. Or maybe it can be fixed by tweaking the software's options. I personally don't know.
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
Smashbro29

Post by Smashbro29 »

I'm trying to improve my setup by gaining knowledge on 4 subjects:
1) How do I get around this stupid 100% cpu thing? It happens at random and slows my whole system down until I restore power settings. It's ridiculous.
2) Why does my audio sometimes desync over HDMI? My setup is: device-HDMI 4x2 switch-HDMI splitter (to remove HDCP)-XC1
3) How do I set the resolution scaling to my liking? I once got it to report "no signal" unless I set OBS to the proper resolution effectively letting me choose auto with no fear of scaling done by the XC1.
4) What the heck are all these settings in OBS for the thing? What do I choose? Buffering? Color ranges?

The settings of mystery:

This caught my eye although changing this setting and pressing ok does nothing and going back reveals that it never did anything:

Right now I know the PS3, the framemeister and my PC can be toggled between the Full and Limited RGB range. What does the WiiU/360/etc do? No idea. I have this as my monitor in PC mode (which I was told counts as full) http://www.lg.com/us/support-product/lg-47LD450 if that helps at all.

Seriously, I've just been going with "whatever it works" but I'd really like to just get it down and set already. I hate not knowing exactly what to do.
JazawaToad

Post by JazawaToad »

Honestly Smashbro29, I'm not too sure about the 100% CPU usage issue. As long as I keep my power settings at Balanced, it doesn't happen.
The audio desyncing over HDMI may have something to do with what USB port you're using, or even your PC not being able to keep up with the capture card.
I'd imagine the splitter could possibly be an issue as well, but I would hope not. I use a Sewell 1x2 HDMI splitter just to get my HDMI signal to my TV as well as my capture card,
but I've ruled out it causing any problems already.

I'm pretty much of no help on the rest of your questions. I don't know much about what those options would change, I've only had this capture card for a few months now.

Update to my situation: I've reset my PC as I could not fully remove previous driver versions for the USB3HDCAP. I installed the Micomsoft drivers (1.1.0.140.1)
And tested a recording for 1:15:00 and it came out fine, no audio popping. I tested again for 1:50:00 and after 1:30:00 the audio popping came back into play... Still more testing to come.

It has to be something extremely minute causing this issue.
Smashbro29

Post by Smashbro29 »

JazawaToad wrote:Honestly Smashbro29, I'm not too sure about the 100% CPU usage issue. As long as I keep my power settings at Balanced, it doesn't happen.
The audio desyncing over HDMI may have something to do with what USB port you're using, or even your PC not being able to keep up with the capture card.
I'd imagine the splitter could possibly be an issue as well, but I would hope not. I use a Sewell 1x2 HDMI splitter just to get my HDMI signal to my TV as well as my capture card,

I'm pretty much of no help on the rest of your questions. I don't know much about what those options would change, I've only had this capture card for a few months now.

Update to my situation: I've reset my PC as I could not fully remove previous driver versions for the USB3HDCAP. I installed the Micomsoft drivers (1.1.0.140.1)
And tested a recording for 1:15:00 and it came out fine, no audio popping. I tested again for 1:50:00 and after 1:30:00 the audio popping came back into play... Still more testing to come.

My PC can keep up, maybe it's the signal being split but it doesn't add up because it's restarting my computer that solves the issue.

Micomsoft seems to make really good stuff that sorta has its moods don't you think?
JazawaToad

Post by JazawaToad »

Smashbro29 wrote:
JazawaToad wrote:Honestly Smashbro29, I'm not too sure about the 100% CPU usage issue. As long as I keep my power settings at Balanced, it doesn't happen.

My PC can keep up, maybe it's the signal being split but it doesn't add up because it's restarting my computer that solves the issue.

Micomsoft seems to make really good stuff that sorta has its moods don't you think?

That seems to be the case. My device is a very good device, but it's got to be the pickiest, most tedious capture card I've worked with.
kardus

Post by kardus »

I just wanted to double check: on the xcapture-1, is RGB is ONLY through the DB-15/VGA port, or is it possible to input/output RGB via the mini-din?
NightSprinter

Post by NightSprinter »

As far as I am aware, no. Those are meant for the composite/s-video adapters tou knowledge. You would need to get a way to interface SCART (with raw sync) to the VGA connector for video and two rca for audio.
kardus

Post by kardus »

NightSprinter wrote:As far as I am aware, no. Those are meant for the composite/s-video adapters tou knowledge. You would need to get a way to interface SCART (with raw sync) to the VGA connector for video and two rca for audio.
My plan then is actually to go from 8-pin mini-din 15hz Rgb (HAS supergun sold on this board) -> vga -> xcapture -> vga out ->bnc -> rgb monitor. Or if the monitor also has rgb outputs I will capture from that
nio

Post by nio »

I just ordered my XCapture-1 . I bought it because I am very happy with my framemeister mini and it has shipping to EU.

Now I have two questions:

Where can I get a XSync-1?

Is it possible to use the XCapture-1 with a raspberry pi 3 with either linux or windows 10?

Thanks.
kardus

Post by kardus »

Does anyone know if the capture card's "passthrough" will add any kind of latency to the end display?
paranoidhero

Post by paranoidhero »

I'm not sure how active this board is but I recently got this card and ran into audio problems during the capture. I am trying to capture PS3/TV games and there is static and popping during recording. I've tried changing drivers and cables but it still happens; Even in VideoKeeper2 I can hear the popping. Any ideas what could cause this to happen? It seems like it might be a hardware issue but what would cause the popping to occur at any noise? Thanks for the help