Micomsoft XCAPTURE-1 USB 3.0 Capture Unit

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Skavi_

Re: Micomsoft XCAPTURE-1 USB 3.0 Capture Unit

Post by Skavi_ »

So I'm having trouble with my XCAPTURE-1.

I've had it for about a year now and I have a HDMI switch with PC, framemeister, Wii U etc connected to it at all times.

Now suddenly the screen turns black every 22 seconds, then goes back to normal again. This happens every time I start up the PC and only goes away when I unplug and re-plug the usb connection for the XCAPTURE.

However sometimes it comes back after a while so I have to do the same thing again.

Anyone that have experienced the same issue or have any advice on what to try to prevent this?
Could it be cables? Insufficient power supply? I have no idea
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

to be sure I would switch the USB ports, maybe from the front of your PC to the back or vice versa. I had something similar a few years ago when certain USB ports on my PC dropped my printer every once in a while....
Skavi_

Post by Skavi_ »

I will try that, might be that it's not delivering consistent enough power or something.

As additional information, the capture is fine, it's only the passthrough that is dropped. I've tried a few HDMI cables, but might buy a real high quality one for this, just to be sure.
NightSprinter

Post by NightSprinter »

Just curious, has anyone had the problems with this on the 160.5 drivers that the PCIe cards have? A streamer I know in Shibuya said he saw none of the reported issues on his Dreamcast.
atheistgod1999
Banned User

Post by atheistgod1999 »

Where do I buy this?
Xyga wrote:It's really awesome how quash never gets tired of hammering the same stupid shit over and over and you guys don't suspect for second that he's actually paid for this.
parodius

Post by parodius »

My sales thread : 2020/07/20..MASTER.VER.
Greenalink

Post by Greenalink »

Anyone who've used a Sega Master System know a way to get signal when using this?
Because my Genesis 2 RGB cable -> Sync Strike -> VGA isn't getting proper signal when using the X-Capture 1, it does get sound but cuts off for 1 second after 5 seconds.
To make this more confusing, it has no problem displaying 16-Bit Genesis games.
cruzlink2

Post by cruzlink2 »

Skavi_ wrote:So I'm having trouble with my XCAPTURE-1.

I've had it for about a year now and I have a HDMI switch with PC, framemeister, Wii U etc connected to it at all times.

Now suddenly the screen turns black every 22 seconds, then goes back to normal again. This happens every time I start up the PC and only goes away when I unplug and re-plug the usb connection for the XCAPTURE.

However sometimes it comes back after a while so I have to do the same thing again.

I had a similar issue not only with the x-capture but also with the intensity shuttle from blackmagic what fixed it for me was using a powered usb3 hub. Seems to be a lack of power on the ports .
Anyone that have experienced the same issue or have any advice on what to try to prevent this?
Smashbro29

Post by Smashbro29 »

So how do I grab the latest drivers now?
cerestan

Post by cerestan »

I hope you don't mind a video-related question but I'm having a spot of bother at the moment.

I want to make some lossless recordings with VirtualDub but I can't get the XCapture-1 to work well with it. All recordings end up with dropped and inserted frames, and the audio pitch gets distorted.

I tried all sorts of settings, two PC's and different drivers but not had any luck. Am I doing something daft and missing some elementary settings to get VirtualDub working? I've been using OBS previously without any issues.

Annoying I have a cheap capture box, a KWorld GM220 that works with VirtualDub quite happily.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Edit: I managed to get an answer on digitalfaq and found the solution here in case anyone else is in the same predicament.
Skavi_

Post by Skavi_ »

cruzlink2 wrote:
Skavi_ wrote:So I'm having trouble with my XCAPTURE-1.

I had a similar issue not only with the x-capture but also with the intensity shuttle from blackmagic what fixed it for me was using a powered usb3 hub. Seems to be a lack of power on the ports .
Not sure why you quoted me but then didn't add anything more to the post? Maybe a mistake :)

Anyway, I still have this issue and I tried switching USB ports with no luck.

Thought I'd try to post here once again. If anyone knows a solution to this I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks
cruzlink2

Post by cruzlink2 »

Sorry about the double quote I must have not been paying attention. What I meant to Say is that I had similar issues in the past with blackouts and the only thing that solved it for me was using a powered usb 3.0 hub for the card. It solved my issue with both the xcapture-1 and intensity shuttle. I think these cards draw more current that they advertise at times and cause drop outs.
Skavi_

Post by Skavi_ »

cruzlink2 wrote:Sorry about the double quote I must have not been paying attention. What I meant to Say is that I had similar issues in the past with blackouts and the only thing that solved it for me was using a powered usb 3.0 hub for the card. It solved my issue with both the xcapture-1 and intensity shuttle. I think these cards draw more current that they advertise at times and cause drop outs.
Thanks for the input. I don't like to have an additional unit with power supply permanently but might try it to know if It solves the issue.
eightbitminiboss

Post by eightbitminiboss »

What was the last FW revision that still has proper 240p support? 142?
zredgemz

Post by zredgemz »

eightbitminiboss wrote:What was the last FW revision that still has proper 240p support? 142?
Yes i was wondering this myself.
zredgemz

Post by zredgemz »

If anyone could help me to force the NTSC M J to stick on the startech usb3.0 with xcapture drivers i would appreciate it.
lettuce

Post by lettuce »

Is it safe to get the latest FW and Drivers or is the 240p mode still broken?, as it looks like there hasnt been any new drivers for over a year
pantra

Post by pantra »

Quick heads up: There's a new driver out!
NightSprinter

Post by NightSprinter »

Welp, looks like in the SC500 thread, the latest drivers still don't support it. Safe to presume for this too. Looks like all one can do is just use an older driver ot an upscaler..
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

pantra wrote:Quick heads up: There's a new driver out!
O rly? Are there notable improvments?

I have A/V sync issues on my card, but then again I'm on an old ass driver -_-
Also my card is the Startech USB3HDCAP but it always uses the same drivers as the XCAPTURE-1 I think (?)
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
Kilokahn

Post by Kilokahn »

Anyone find a SCART to VGA/DVI that works with the Startech USB3 HDCAP and also passes audio? I read but I didn't see anything.

Thanks!
DanAdamKOF

Post by DanAdamKOF »

Hi guys. I'm trying to help some friends who stream DDR from a cabinet running System 573 and capturing with XCapture. The menus are 480i, the gameplay is 240p. 240p is fine, but the menus are deinterlaced wrong-field first (bottom) by the XCapture driver, so they look bad when deinterlaced. I can't find any driver setting for field order to toggle which field is used as first field for the deinterlacer.

Some quick questions:
If we set the deinterlacing method to Weave (None), and use OBS Studio's built in Deinterlacing feature (which allows field order to be toggled), will this try to deinterlace any video from the XCapture, or is it smart enough to know to only deinterlace when the content is interlaced? In other words, will OBS attempt to deinterlace (linedoubled) 240p video from the XCapture with this setting enabled?
If the above will not work, is Amarec smart enough with the XCapture to only deinterlace 480i video but not 240p?

Thank you!
Skavi_

Post by Skavi_ »

Skavi_ wrote:
cruzlink2 wrote:Sorry about the double quote I must have not been paying attention. What I meant to Say is that I had similar issues in the past with blackouts and the only thing that solved it for me was using a powered usb 3.0 hub for the card. It solved my issue with both the xcapture-1 and intensity shuttle. I think these cards draw more current that they advertise at times and cause drop outs.
Thanks for the input. I don't like to have an additional unit with power supply permanently but might try it to know if It solves the issue.
I didn't want an additional power supply like I said, so I ended up buying a USB3 Y-cable for more power. So far it's working again!

Thank you once again for the suggestion.
dmauro

Post by dmauro »

Re: New drivers. I just got a USB3HDCAP so I could start streaming from my cabs (via Windows 10 running on a late 2013 MacBook Pro Retina). I tried the latest drivers to start: they work great for 480p, but with 240p I get the half-screen issue still. So I guess don't bother with those. Next up I just tried Thrillness' custom driver (note: if you're also in Windows 10 mode you have to boot into the mode that let's you install unsigned drivers or the exe will fail to install the drivers), but the custom drivers just always cause the video to fail telling me that it is detecting it's plugged in via USB 2.0 (it's not, this hardware only has USB 3.0 ports and it's plugged in directly).

So next up I'm trying to hunt down the 1.1.0.140.1 version of the drivers as per an earlier comment from STG that those are my best bet. Also just continuing to dig into this thread, there's a lot to go through here :o

If anyone has a direct link to 1.1.0.140.1 drivers, it would be much appreciated. I haven't yet figured out how to get old drivers from StarTech.com.

EDIT: I couldn't find StarTech drivers, but I basically rebuilt the 140.5 Micomsoft drivers as per Thrillness' instructions (I think that's what he did for the drivers I tried before). While I couldn't get them working with the StreamCatcher software from StarTech, it works fine with OBS after unchecking the stretch option. Got it working with 240p and 480p 8)

Here's Thrillness' instructions slightly adapted for what I did:

Micomsoft - http://micomsoft.co.jp/XCAPTURE-1_Drive ... _141_5.zip
StarTech - http://sgcdn.startech.com/005329/media/ ... Driver.zip

1.5 Uninstall any existing USB3HDCAP drivers using Device Manager. (It's under 'Sound, video, and game controllers')
2. Copy the [ENTRY] and [ENTRY.NTamd64] sections of CY3014.INF from the Startech drivers to the Micomsoft drivers. You'll only be working in the "64" folder if you're on 64-bit. Just overwrite the existing section in the Micomsoft drivers and save
3. Manually install these tweaked drivers
4. Get things set up in OBS as per other instructions in this thread (uncheck the stretch option)
STG

Post by STG »

Oh hey dmauro!

They're all on Micomsoft's driver download page, just click on the blue button below each driver listing to get the version you're looking for:
http://www.micomsoft.co.jp/xcapture-1_download.htm
dmauro

Post by dmauro »

STG wrote:Oh hey dmauro!

They're all on Micomsoft's driver download page, just click on the blue button below each driver listing to get the version you're looking for:
http://www.micomsoft.co.jp/xcapture-1_download.htm
Thanks! Yeah I realized that I can simply use the Micomsoft drivers, I just have to do a little editing of the INFs and it won't work with StreamCatcher (I was only using that to preview the input anyways).

I just need a few more cables to get this all set up, but expect a post in the live stream thread from me soon :D
zredgemz

Post by zredgemz »

I use amarectv310, you can use it to play and record with a preview window.
DanAdamKOF

Post by DanAdamKOF »

I've got a USB3HDCAP with driver 1.0.1.141.5 (got it from The Thrillness' site, which is a Micomsoft driver tweaked to work with a Startech) and I'm using OBS. I'm trying to capture 15khz RGB from a Konami System 573 JAMMA PCB running DDR. It switches between 240p (for gameplay) and 480i (for menus) frequently.

I'm seeing a few issues with the 573 in this setup but I'll go over the biggest one right now. When the game switches from 240p to 480i, the 480i content is very choppy. It seems to get stuck for several frames, then play just a few frames smoothly, and get stuck again, not like it's consistently skipping every nth frame but just freezing briefly very often (~5 times per second). Whenever it switches back to 240p content, that content is perfectly smooth.

I've found if I initialize the card while 480i content is being output, it looks fine and isn't choppy, but as soon as it switches to 240p and back to 480i, 480i stuff is choppy again.

I have deinterlacing in the driver set to Weave (None) and there is no deinterlacing being performed in OBS. I've tried setting the Frame Rate Adjustment setting to On but this doesn't help. I've tried adjusting the output framerate down to 29.97 but this also didn't help.

Any help is appreciated, thanks as always.

Edit: I highlighted a clip from my stream that shows this behavior:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ojDv2ZwRiM
0sec-11sec is 240p which looks fine, after that is 480i which you can tell is stuttering and such.
tzakiel

Post by tzakiel »

Hello all,

I'm new to this device and was just trying to get some composite and s-video snes sources working. They come in at 480i and then I have to deinterlace in OBS. I was hoping they would simply come in at 240p and 60fps without the need to tweak or have a compromise with post processing. Is there anything I can do? Some of you above mention older drivers that "properly" support 240p. What does that mean? Any tips or help appreciated. I just want the best settings for composite/s-video NES and SNES.
tzakiel

Post by tzakiel »

OK, so I got it sorted for the most part but now I get a slight stutter in the preview window (or recordings, everywhere) every 6 or 7 seconds... it runs very smoothly for 6-7 seconds, then I get a stutter - any ideas? I am using 720x480p at 59.94 fps and have tried multiple apps for capture/preview (amarec, obs) and I have tried two different PCs. I'm using the latest micomsoft drivers (2016, and I also tried the latest full release from 2013)