B&O MX4/6/7000 - troubleshooting and general information

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
MichaelCorvin

Re: B&O MX4/6/7000 - troubleshooting and general information

Post by MichaelCorvin »

I have a question in regards to rgb cables.

Could someone please explain the difference between rgb csync and rgb sync on luma? Which is better and why I have no idea what to. I will be running
A Pal gamecube and a super
Ffamicom NTSC snes through my mx7000 serial number 4.3
Thank you
MichaelCorvin

Post by MichaelCorvin »

Also what do these values in the service mean mean (adjust)

rdr
gdr
rcu
Gcu

Thank you in advance
Star1

Post by Star1 »

For info on the various service mode adjusments see this post http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 19#p956819

For info on sync, see this https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/com ... osite-sync
MichaelCorvin

Post by MichaelCorvin »

Star1 wrote:For info on the various service mode adjusments see this post http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 19#p956819

For info on sync, see this https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/com ... osite-sync
On that guide the ones I have posted are not listed
Star1

Post by Star1 »

MichaelCorvin wrote:Also what do these values in the service mean mean (adjust)

rdr
gdr
rcu
Gcu

Thank you in advance
rdr and gdr are red and green drive, while rcu and gcu are red and green cutoff. They are used for adjusting white balance.

You probably don't need to worry about them, and depending on your software revision, they might not do anything. If you like to check, just write down the values you see, try adjusting and see what happens.
MichaelCorvin

Post by MichaelCorvin »

Star1 wrote:

rdr
gdr
rcu
Gcu

Thank you in advance
rdr and gdr are red and green drive, while rcu and gcu are red and green cutoff. They are used for adjusting white balance.

You probably don't need to worry about them, and depending on your software revision, they might not do anything. If you like to check, just write down the values you see, try adjusting and see what happens.
Really helpful if you. Please help me with something it has been driving me nuts for 2 hours. I have my picture all but nearly level but the BOTTOM LEFT CORNER is curving out to the left. Any ideas what to adjust to correct this :(
sh13ld

Post by sh13ld »

MichaelCorvin wrote:
Star1 wrote:

rdr
gdr
rcu
Gcu

Thank you in advance

Really helpful if you. Please help me with something it has been driving me nuts for 2 hours. I have my picture all but nearly level but the BOTTOM LEFT CORNER is curving out to the left. Any ideas what to adjust to correct this :(
Adjust corners with EWC and EWP
Star1

Post by Star1 »

If it is only the left corner, adjust ewp and ewc won't fix it. Probably som caps related to geometry control should be replaced.
MichaelCorvin

Post by MichaelCorvin »

Star1 wrote:If it is only the left corner, adjust ewp and ewc won't fix it. Probably som caps related to geometry control should be replaced.
I fixed it in the service menu but here is a weird one! My snes is set up as perfect as it can be now but my gamecube even when I go into the startup menu and centre the image is slightly off to the right and I don't know what to do.
MichaelCorvin

Post by MichaelCorvin »

Don't worry convergence is all sorted and perfect :)

1 final thing I have noticed on the mx700 that DOESNT happen on my trinitron. When playing a game like super Mario world and you see a rotating platform, I can see a horizontal line following the ledge rotation all the way across the screen which I tested and is not present on my tritron. Any ideas why it is doing this as it is very distracting
kamiboy

Post by kamiboy »

That is crosstalk. Can be solved by using better cables.
MichaelCorvin

Post by MichaelCorvin »

kamiboy wrote:That is crosstalk. Can be solved by using better cables.
I tried two rgb scart one is very high quality from console goods costing £20 and the other was a tenner both do the same thing?
kamiboy

Post by kamiboy »

Then try turning down contrast, or brightness.
sh13ld

Post by sh13ld »

MichaelCorvin wrote:Don't worry convergence is all sorted and perfect :)

1 final thing I have noticed on the mx700 that DOESNT happen on my trinitron. When playing a game like super Mario world and you see a rotating platform, I can see a horizontal line following the ledge rotation all the way across the screen which I tested and is not present on my tritron. Any ideas why it is doing this as it is very distracting
Did you have to do some special stuff to get SNES and Gamecube to match? I'm still waiting for my Wii RGB Scart to arrive before I start fiddling with service menu.
MichaelCorvin

Post by MichaelCorvin »

sh13ld wrote:
MichaelCorvin wrote:Don't worry convergence is all sorted and perfect :)

Did you have to do some special stuff to get SNES and Gamecube to match? I'm still waiting for my Wii RGB Scart to arrive before I start fiddling with service menu.
Not really mate I adjusted everything in the service menu and the gamecube and snes line up together :)
MichaelCorvin

Post by MichaelCorvin »

QUESTION ABOUT THE COATING

My MX7000 is very reflective. Does the coating wear off and is there anything you can do to do help it?
joeblade

Post by joeblade »

H6rdc0re wrote:
joeblade wrote:Thank you H6rdc0re, you were right...turned up the brightness to 50 and low and behold it now works!! 8)

Little bit too bright for my likings but hey i'll live with it temporarily for that game!!
Turn up contrast to 62 and brightness down to 32 and see how that works. Should also fix your fix levels which should abysmal right now. If possible you can even turn contrast down to 56.
Ok thanks H6rdc0re, will try that tonight, hopefully it wont introduce too much bloom to the detail as thats always the reason I prefer low contrast settings.
"Have you ever retired a human by mistake"
H6rdc0re

Post by H6rdc0re »

joeblade wrote:
H6rdc0re wrote:
joeblade wrote:Thank you H6rdc0re, you were right...turned up the brightness to 50 and low and behold it now works!! 8)

Little bit too bright for my likings but hey i'll live with it temporarily for that game!!
Turn up contrast to 62 and brightness down to 32 and see how that works. Should also fix your fix levels which should abysmal right now. If possible you can even turn contrast down to 56.
Ok thanks H6rdc0re, will try that tonight, hopefully it wont introduce too much bloom to the detail as thats always the reason I prefer low contrast settings.
It shouldn't with the contrast screen otherwise lower it to 56 (90%).
MichaelCorvin

Post by MichaelCorvin »

When I turn on my mx7000 the volume is always at 40 regardless if I set it lower before I turn it off. Any ideas?
blizzz

Post by blizzz »

To save the volume you have to set it in the menu, not with the volume buttons on the remote.
MichaelCorvin

Post by MichaelCorvin »

blizzz wrote:To save the volume you have to set it in the menu, not with the volume buttons on the remote.
Awesome
Any ideas how I do that?
sh13ld

Post by sh13ld »

Some SNES and Wii test screens from my B&O MX7000:
http://imgur.com/gallery/GzQkp

The geometry on my TV is not the best but still pretty decent. Overscan on SNES is ok but on Wii there's too much of it. Have to tweak it at some point.
MichaelCorvin

Post by MichaelCorvin »

IS THERE ANYWAY TO SORT OUT THE PROTECTIVE COATING ON THE GLASS IF IT HAS GONE?
Anuskegel

Post by Anuskegel »

Anuskegel

Post by Anuskegel »

sh13ld wrote:Some SNES and Wii test screens from my B&O MX7000:
http://imgur.com/gallery/GzQkp

The geometry on my TV is not the best but still pretty decent. Overscan on SNES is ok but on Wii there's too much of it. Have to tweak it at some point.
Yea i noticed that too, for every single device i hook up to my MX4000 i have to change some settings to make sure the screen is filled properly. For example if i hook up my DVD player or Gamecube the vertical amplitude is totally fucked up. And have to mess in the service menu to change it. So what i did is for the devices i got i wrote down all parameters. And than its 1 minute of fiddling to fix it.
Sid

Post by Sid »

Just to add another statistic to the tests. My MX4002 has had no trouble at all with light gun action.
Gunstar

Post by Gunstar »

Does anyone know if you can turn on a Beovision 1 from standby without a remote?
kamiboy

Post by kamiboy »

I do not think that is possible.
g5k

Post by g5k »

Gunstar wrote:Does anyone know if you can turn on a Beovision 1 from standby without a remote?

I have an MX4002 and MX7000 and both switch on when there is an active signal to the scart socket so would think there is a good chance it might too.
kamiboy

Post by kamiboy »

Interesting, none of my B&O's do that.