shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:04 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
 Post subject: Re: B&O MX4/6/7000 - troubleshooting and general information
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:40 pm 

Syntax is absolutely correct. There’s this guy on Ebay called fidde_se. He makes custom PC Engine/Turbo Grafx RGB Scart cables. He made me two different ones. One for my single Sony 20L4E PVM and one for my other PVM (also 20L4E) and OSSC combo. That second has a switch for switching between Sync on Composite and Composite Sync (CSYNC). Absolutely wonderful cables. See the link below.

https://www.ebay.com/sch//i.html?_nkw=& ... bcfffe0343

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:09 pm 

Thats pretty cool, I semi expected it to use a sync stripper on composite video but it looks like it takes csync straight from the ext port.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:21 am 

Thanks for all the info in this topic! After reading all the posts I bought a MX4000 (sw 3.1) in good condition and after a fews days of tweaking I'm really happy with the result as you can see:

First when I hooked up the Dreamcast the image was a little bit washed out with RGB. I've basically read and viewed all the topics and videos on the internet about the MX.
Eventually I cranked both colour and brightness to max in service mode and in normal picture mode adjusted contrast to 62 and brilliance down to 12.

When I finally hooked up the Sega Saturn I was blown away. Really crisp 240P image:

I'm using a RGB scart cable from thefoo.83 on Ebay.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:48 pm 

Hello, can anyone help with my MX 4000. I can access to Menu. I have Beo 4 remote. When i press menu it switch small lcd screen from tv to light. On the screen of MX 4000 i see the setup, but it will no enter. I think that the only button to work on remote is the 3 row of button (tv, light, sat, vtape...) list, menu exit, volume up down. It's seem that the go button and around doesn't respond to the command. I heard of some Hotel mode and some jumper maybe inside the MX 4000. Any idea how to solve that?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:30 pm 

I buy another remote beo4, now i have some more function but i don't have in the menu pictures (contrast, brightness...) and sound options, only program list and setup. I read somewhere since it's a old model i need to buy another remote beolink 1000. Will try this.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:04 pm 

Hello there,

Lurked a long time and bought a MX8000 yesterday. The picture quality is amazing. My Mister FPGA is awesome on this screen. But my PS2 is giving me troubles. Maybe you can help me?

I am using scart. Settings in PS2 firmware is display set to Full (or 4:3 with same result). The screen is only used for the upper 2/3 part of the screen. The rest is a black border. When I open the menu I can see the picture fill the complete screen. When closing the menu it goes back to 2/3.

Regards,
muppets4

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:50 am 

Sounds like your PS2 SCART connection cable has voltage connected to the pin that tells the TV it is receiving a 16:9 signal. You should be able to override it using an option on the remote. Can’t remember which button. Try googling it. Either that or fix the cable, or get a better one as I think this is a problem with cheap cables.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:12 am 

Lalalala

Last edited by unehed on Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:19 pm 

muppets4 wrote:
Hello there,

Lurked a long time and bought a MX8000 yesterday. The picture quality is amazing. My Mister FPGA is awesome on this screen. But my PS2 is giving me troubles. Maybe you can help me?

I am using scart. Settings in PS2 firmware is display set to Full (or 4:3 with same result). The screen is only used for the upper 2/3 part of the screen. The rest is a black border. When I open the menu I can see the picture fill the complete screen. When closing the menu it goes back to 2/3.

Regards,
muppets4

I have the similar thing using a US SNES on my MX4200, you need to change format to 2 on the remote, you have two options 1 and 2 one is 4:3, the other 16:9.

Alternatively you disconnect the cable on pin 8 of your Scart lead.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:45 pm 

thegreathopper wrote:
muppets4 wrote:
Hello there,

Regards,
muppets4

I have the similar thing using a US SNES on my MX4200, you need to change format to 2 on the remote, you have two options 1 and 2 one is 4:3, the other 16:9.

Alternatively you disconnect the cable on pin 8 of your Scart lead.

Thanks. I only had a non official remote and the settings for that were missing. I ordered an original one. It arrived, but I had not time to fiddle with it yet.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 1:19 pm 

Does anyone have a Beovision 1 or can tell me more about it's retro gaming capabilities because I can barely find any information on the internet about it. Even here, most people seem to talk about the MX series.

The thing is, someone here (about 10 minutes with the car) is selling a Beovision 1 with the Beo4 remote control for around 85€. I know they don't seem to be as good as Sony PVMs/BVMs but those go for 200€ (for the small models) around here usually. And I don't want to spend that kind of money for an old CRT (not for anything smaller than 14" anyway). I would play PS1/2 and SFC with it and wonder if it's worth it or is this model missing something that the MX ones have/are better at?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 9:42 pm 

I have both the MX and 1. They are pretty much the same TV in different form factors. Work well for retro gaming.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:10 pm 

I recently bought an MX7000, it's an old one - Software 2.0. I wanted to be able to view the consoles image whilst tweaking the geometry settings. After going through this mega helpful thread and viewing videos by futurematt5 too (thanks for those!) I found the answer regarding setting AV2 to decoder. Except the menus on my MX7000 were different and seems to be missing stuff (due to the older software I guess). I remembered I had the actual printed manual though, so I actually RTFM and here's how I set TV to decoder, just in case someone else comes along trying to figure it out.

Plug console into AV2 and switch it on.
On the remote (beo4 - I don't think it'll make a difference if it's a 1000 though), press...
- TV (if not already on, this will switch the TV on and put it on the TV input)
- Menu
Scroll down to...
- Setup
Then use the right arrows to go down to...
-AV2
Using the Up/Down arrows to select..
- Decoder
- Press GO - this saves this setting

That much pretty much matched what I'd read elsewhere, except I didn't have a Sockets section in the Menu like I'd read.

- Then on the remote, keep pressing List until you get to V.Setup and press GO.
- My first item in the V.Setup options is Tune, so I pressed GO again.
- Press the Green button, this will switch Decoder (Dec on the screen) to ON and will now display the console image :-)
- Keep pressing List, looking at the remote for it to say Store, then press GO.
- It prompts what channel, I was already on CH1 (see earlier) so I left it on this.
- I think at this stage it prompted me to name it too, I went with the name AV2 which made sense.
- Press Go (twice I think it was) to save this and then Exit.

I hope that helps someone else :-)

Out of curiosity - I would like to try the 480i conversion to non-interlaced mode that I saw on some videos, but I'm unsure if Software 2.0 supports it as it's missing the Picture menu that it looks like you have to be in before you press Shift (whilst pointing the remote away from the screen) and then 7 (remote pointing back at the screen). Has anyone got any tips on experimenting with this?

ta
Pete

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:09 am 

I got an MX6000 in mint condition BUT it comes with S.W 2.0! apparently with the BEO4 I cannot config any picture settings! I want just play with contrast and blrightness , still I do not know how or where those option are accessible. On menu I have only two option: "program list" and "setup" there is not a "picture" as reported on MX6000 manual. Have you any advice?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:24 am 

Ignore that this video says mx7000 and software 1.1, but this is the shortest video to answer your question

https://youtu.be/9xWQamCN7ow

There’s other tutorials where a switch is the installed to make getting to the menu easier. Look at faginrs500 videos

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:12 am 

Sorry, misread your question. I think you need to keep pressing LIST to get to V.SETUP, and then you’ll get the options you want.

Note to self - don’t reply when just woken up!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:12 pm 

I still need some clarifications about official remote controller, I received my tvset with BEO4 but on some videos the same tv appear to have another remote controller without the tiny lcd screen I think its a beo link1000, may I know if BEO4 is ok for my tv? (MX6000 28" S.W 2.0)?

You can see exactly my issue by looking at this video, basically I have the tv on the right side and as you can see there isn't the options "picture" on screen menu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9LYa1UY4zk

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:25 pm 

On the beo4, keep pressing the LIST button until on the LCD it says V.SETUP, then press GO (I think - this is from memory as I don’t have my beo4 with me right now). Then you get the option on the TV screen to change some picture options.

If that doesn’t work, I’ll find my manual again and confirm.

Pete

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20