Question about Sega's STV motherboard

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Dewclaw

Question about Sega's STV motherboard

Post by Dewclaw »

I won a Die Hard Arcade game on ebay yesterday, and after looking at the picture closer I see that it's an STV game, and the motherboard was included in the auction.

I'm reading about the hardware now and it says that most STV carts won't work if they're the wrong region(apparently I just won a US mobo so .JP games won't work on it) Is there a way to modify the board or somethin to make it universal?

Also, how good a deal do you think I got? I won the cart, mobo and a marquee(doesn't look official) for 56 bucks. Good deal?
Dreadzone

Post by Dreadzone »

I guess you need to read this : http://home.online.no/%7Etjaberg/stv/ :)

DZ
iatneH

Post by iatneH »

Holy crap, nice deal!
Considering I bought the mobo for $150 and thought that was a good price :D But I got both JP and US bios chips with it.
Dewclaw

Post by Dewclaw »

I see, thanks for that link Dreadzone. So I got a good price on this? Of the list of JP-only games I saw, Groove-On Fight was the only one I was interested in so I could make do with just a US bios.

Dread, I might be willing to take that In The Hunt or G Darius pcb you mentioned. Would you be willin to work out a cash + trade deal? I have alot of stuff in this thread:
http://forum.shmups.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3784

Also er, do you have any feedback you could point me to? Photos of the two boards would be cool too please.
thegreathopper

Re: Question about Sega's STV motherboard

Post by thegreathopper »

Dewclaw wrote:I won a Die Hard Arcade game on ebay yesterday, and after looking at the picture closer I see that it's an STV game, and the motherboard was included in the auction.

I'm reading about the hardware now and it says that most STV carts won't work if they're the wrong region(apparently I just won a US mobo so .JP games won't work on it) Is there a way to modify the board or somethin to make it universal?

Also, how good a deal do you think I got? I won the cart, mobo and a marquee(doesn't look official) for 56 bucks. Good deal?
I think you got a bargain..
95 % of games work on US or JPN board.. Radiant Silver Gun plays differently on a US board, less weapons..
Ord

Post by Ord »

I just won a STV mobo on ebay for £40. It'll be a couple of weeks befor I get a hold of Soukyugurentai though.
Ikaruga review now up in PLASMA BLOSSOM