shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:34 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5564 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 182, 183, 184, 185, 186
 Post subject: Re: Fudoh's ode to old display technology
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:59 am 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Analog-Way-Sca ... 2749.l2649

Reminder: Extron Emotias are a overpriced meme, I got this for under $20 and it does the same shit :3

TVone C2s are still pretty cool though

EDIT: no 'true' 240p on her... the anti flicker settings make shit real nice and stable though. The Antec TVator (also clones made by AVerMedia) is also a great scan converter for the price, with enough adjustments. Combine any of these badboys with an RGB interface and you'll be having a good time! 580xi is my go to, although this Analog Way thing doesn't really benefit any extra from the xi

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:44 pm 

kitty666cats wrote:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Analog-Way-Scan-Vision-VHX-480-Computer-to-Video-Converter-Module-Tested/383158269516?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Reminder: Extron Emotias are a overpriced meme, I got this for under $20 and it does the same shit :3

TVone C2s are still pretty cool though

EDIT: no 'true' 240p on her... the anti flicker settings make shit real nice and stable though. The Antec TVator (also clones made by AVerMedia) is also a great scan converter for the price, with enough adjustments. Combine any of these badboys with an RGB interface and you'll be having a good time! 580xi is my go to, although this Analog Way thing doesn't really benefit any extra from the xi

So this box can convert VGA to 240?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:48 pm 

Josh128 wrote:

No, read the edit.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:20 pm 

Dochartaigh wrote:
Josh128 wrote:

No, read the edit.

I did read the edit homie. He talks about two different pieces of equipment in his post, the VHX-480 and the TVOne C2. The edit was not clear about which one it was referring to, hence the question.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:50 pm 

Not to start something here, but the emotia is pretty great. I have one of the GX units and it's super useful. I'm sure I could have saved a little cash by choosing a different solution, but there are limited similar devices with quality close to it, and none of them are cheap either.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:02 am 

This is some mysterious transcoder my friend has apparently owned for a long time, anyone recognize it? I'm assuming that's a 15kHz dsub port, haven't heard back from my buddy about it. I assumed maybe an old JROK, but I don't recall one with SCART

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:41 pm 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264627924249

Just a heads up, Mimo Genius II on eBay right now. Way out of my price range, but these things are nigh-impossible to find now. I tried emailing Mimo on their borderline-dead website's email address, never heard back.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:04 am 

kitty666cats wrote:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/264627924249

Just a heads up, Mimo Genius II on eBay right now. Way out of my price range, but these things are nigh-impossible to find now. I tried emailing Mimo on their borderline-dead website's email address, never heard back.

This might be more within your price range:

viewtopic.php?p=1399305#p1399305

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:45 am 

EDIT: strayan was faster :-)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:36 am 

Hehe, I saw that. If there's any rabid collectors that Mimo is certainly still insanely rare. But, I've seen videos of it in action, seems pretty meh. Anyone have any clue what that transcoder is? The dsub port also being on there stumped me!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:55 am 

Quote:
If there's any rabid collectors that Mimo is certainly still insanely rare.

they have been available new from MIMO until very recently, so my guess is that anybody vaguely interested in one (and willing to pay their price) did get one in the past.

The Mimo GII simply drops every other line (and row) instead of doing any kind of pixel averaging. This produces a very sharp image given the right sources. From a engineering point of view, it wasn't a great machine though.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:03 pm 

Fudoh wrote:
Quote:
If there's any rabid collectors that Mimo is certainly still insanely rare.

they have been available new from MIMO until very recently, so my guess is that anybody vaguely interested in one (and willing to pay their price) did get one in the past.

The Mimo GII simply drops every other line (and row) instead of doing any kind of pixel averaging. This produces a very sharp image given the right sources. From a engineering point of view, it wasn't a great machine though.

Mmm, I emailed them quite a while back and never got a response. Must have been right around the time they stopped producing them.

BTW that mystery board above is apparently a very early RetroTek product, was unaware he ever produced one with both dsub and SCART in. Interesting little board, my friend sent me a pic of it in use... knowing how inconsistent some of their early products had been with some people, I'm glad it works well for my friend :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:20 pm 

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:08 am 

2950's, eh? very nice pics

You really got the "Cadillac" of crt setups there eheh

Really enjoying mine which I recently got. It's in great shape as well. got it for a steal, too

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5564 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 182, 183, 184, 185, 186