shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sun May 26, 2019 2:04 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5285 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 173, 174, 175, 176, 177
 Post subject: Re: Fudoh's ode to old display technology
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 4:39 pm 

H6rdc0re wrote:
I've always been wondering. On most Sony PVM's there's BNC in and out connectors. We can connect to either in or out and get a good picture. What's the danger in using both the in and out connectors simultaneous and effectively giving us two RGB/Component connectors at the same time. I'm asking because the BKM-129X is almost impossible to attain and I don't want to damage my gear.

You should not use the 'out' connectors as an input. You need to put 75 Ohm terminators on the 'out' BNC jacks. Without the terminators the signal will be distorted (probably too bright).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 5:11 pm 

the Goat wrote:
H6rdc0re wrote:
I've always been wondering. On most Sony PVM's there's BNC in and out connectors. We can connect to either in or out and get a good picture. What's the danger in using both the in and out connectors simultaneous and effectively giving us two RGB/Component connectors at the same time. I'm asking because the BKM-129X is almost impossible to attain and I don't want to damage my gear.

You should not use the 'out' connectors as an input. You need to put 75 Ohm terminators on the 'out' BNC jacks. Without the terminators the signal will be distorted (probably too bright).

That's on the BVM's. Almost all PVM's have 75 Ohm auto termination. I do have terminators on every out just in case.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 5:59 pm 

Iirc because you need to have a 75 ohm termination. Just get a switch.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 6:22 pm 

Einzelherz wrote:

I have two 20L4 PVM's with their own scart switchers but I wanted to put one PVM in storage. Well need to use both of them I guess. Or perhaps pull the trigger on BKM-129X.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 6:46 pm 

H6rdc0re wrote:
Einzelherz wrote:

I have two 20L4 PVM's with their own scart switchers but I wanted to put one PVM in storage. Well need to use both of them I guess. Or perhaps pull the trigger on BKM-129X.

Just feed one scart switch into the other then connect that to the pvm.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5285 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 173, 174, 175, 176, 177