Mushihime problems

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Zayon

Mushihime problems

Post by Zayon »

Got this kit from Excellentcom. However, I'm having some problems with it not saving my highscores. It was sold as "like new" and it did have some highscores from some previous playing. Those scores are always intact no matter what I do. However, when I play and get a highscore myself the score is erased after I turn off the cab.

Oh, and the weirdest thing happened yesterday. I a record in Maniac mode and when I turned it on the next time, the record was gone, and instead the same score and initials was shown under the Ultra mode highscorelist.

Any ideas?
Valgar

Post by Valgar »

Is there a setting in the test menu? I know someone was having this problem with Ibara.
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.
COWBOY-RJJ
Zayon

Post by Zayon »

If I go into the test menu after I've gotten a highscore or two it'll show up in the back up data ranking lists, however when I exit the menu and start up the game again, they are gone. :cry:
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Zayon-would you mind telling me how much it cost from ECL?
Ketsui-The last of the manly cave shooters.
Valgar

Post by Valgar »

It is $1080.
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.
COWBOY-RJJ
oxtsu

Post by oxtsu »

Are you certain that your personal hi-score is under the overall sections and not "today's best"?
Zayon

Post by Zayon »

$1080, yes.

And I'm sure it was on the overall board, the records that was on the PCB when I got it was on original and ultra mode, maniac highscoreboard has the "starter scores".
oxtsu

Post by oxtsu »

Hmm...well, it is an interesting dilemma then. Just guessing here, but is there an option in the test menu to 'initialize' the settings? It should wipe all saving data clear if there is one.
Zayon

Post by Zayon »

Hmm, yeah I think there is, I'll give it a shot next time. :)
Pete

Post by Pete »

I was under the impression that no Cave PCB's saved high scores.
zakk

Post by zakk »

pete wrote:I was under the impression that no Cave PCB's saved high scores.
Mushi does, it was the first.

I'm not sure about one problem, but the 'transfer' of scores from manic->ultra has been noted by at least one other person here; I believe DEL saw it on the cab at his local arcade.
oxtsu

Post by oxtsu »

I just read RFK's advice for Ibara in the main forum: there is a setting in the test menu to "turn on hi-score save"(not default), as Valgar mentioned here. It seems likely that someone set it back to full defaults (save off), without initializing the data. Seeing as how Mushihime and Ibara share the same hardware, it should be the same. Are you able to read the settings?
Raidenfighter Kirkov

Post by Raidenfighter Kirkov »

zakk wrote:
pete wrote:I was under the impression that no Cave PCB's saved high scores.
Mushi does, it was the first.

I'm not sure about one problem, but the 'transfer' of scores from manic->ultra has been noted by at least one other person here; I believe DEL saw it on the cab at his local arcade.
DEF´s local arcade seems to be RFK`s gamingroom.

:D :wink:

Greetings
RFK (owner of the best local arcade in austria :lol: )
famitsu1

Post by famitsu1 »

Hi,
did anyone find a resolution to this issue?
From what I understand there is no such "turn on high score save" option in Mushihime's test menu.
Could the problem lay in the lithium battery,very remote I know as these are meant to last years and the board isn't even a year old but you never know.
Cheers famitsu1