HORI fighting stick 2

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Afterbirth

HORI fighting stick 2

Post by Afterbirth »

Is it any good (obviously for shmups!)

Or can someone refer me to a thread with a discussion about it?

It seems solid enough according to reviews at play.asia.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Thread moved to Hardware.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
Afterbirth

Post by Afterbirth »

Oops. Sorry - i keep forgetting this place has a hardware section.
jiji

Post by jiji »

From what I've heard, it's a nice enough stick and is certainly functional - Hori makes some of the nicest consumer sticks out there. Obviously it's not going to be quite as nice as a more expensive stick with arcade parts, but it'll definitely do the job if you just want an arcade stick that works well.
oxtsu

Post by oxtsu »

As far as the components feeling of Hori Fighting Stick 1-2, it is [almost] the worst stick in the current Hori lineup. The feeling is vague and disconnected, with some extra bells and whistles like simulated analog mode, vibration, rapid shot, etc. More suited to the casual players, IMHO. If shopping from Play-Asia, I suggest the Hori Tekken 5 RAP stick for $10 more. The JPN model here is using genuine Sanwa JLF stick (real arcade spec) and durable standard arcade switch button (not genuine spec overall, but still good). Also, it adds the real arcade button layout, same as SA/SE version of Hori RAP. Downsides are the lame Tekken5 overlay, the removal of rapid fire functions, and the oversized housing.
Valgar

Post by Valgar »

A friend came over with one of those Tekken 5 sticks, and they are SO BIG. I am just used to the NAMCO and SCII sticks. It is not ideal for carrying around at all. I feel uncomfortable with it on my lap.
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.
COWBOY-RJJ
oxtsu

Post by oxtsu »

Yeah, I can't say that I'm a big fan of the oversized housing either.
Afterbirth

Post by Afterbirth »

Thanks...and bugger. :cry:
bigbadboaz

Post by bigbadboaz »

How much are you looking to spend? You can certainly do better depending on that parameter. If you're looking at the FS2 due to pricing, keep in mind the shipping from Play-Asia will likely add a lot to your total. And do you prefer Japanese-style or American-style parts?
Thunder Force
Location: research and development facility for Vasteel Technology.

Post by Thunder Force »

I have a Hori Fighting Stick 2 but would not recommend buying one at full price unless you need to take advantage of the special features, namely the analog-to-digital simulation to let you play modern analog games with an arcade stick. As a pure actual arcade stick for fighting games and shmups it isn't very good, specifically the buttons are poor quality (the stick part is OK though).
"Thunder Force VI does not suck, shut your fucking mouth." ~ Shane Bettenhausen