Raiden fighters 2 and jet via supergun to tv?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
thchardcore

Raiden fighters 2 and jet via supergun to tv?

Post by thchardcore »

Will it sync right lets say over component out or s-video to a normal sony wega ntsc (us)? I heard they might not sync right (ie 55hz not 60) Also, would i need anything special besides a supergun?
A camel is a horse designed by a committee
Bishamon

Post by Bishamon »

Based on my experience, it probably won't sync.

Supposedly it's easier via RGB, though.

See this thread:

http://forum.shmups.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3810
thchardcore

Post by thchardcore »

Could i play it via a xrgb 2 plus?
A camel is a horse designed by a committee
PC Engine Fan X!

I've tried playing Raiden Fighters on Sony Wega 27"...

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

I've got a Supergun (one of Matt's famous creations) that can output in either RCA composite, S-Video or Japanese RGB. However when playing a Seibu Kaihatsu SP1 mobo with Raiden Fighters, I tried to see if it would sync-up correctly with a Sony 27" Wega NTSC monitor and it slowly scrolls using S-Video.

You have several options of being able to play SP1 mobo & SP1 game cartridges with the correct sync on monitor:

1.) You could use an old U.S. TV monitor with a manufactured date of 1988-1989 that has only RF input and downconvert S-Video into regular RCA composite using a S-Video to RCA composite convertor ($20 from Radio Shack in USA) and further convert to RF using a RCA composite to RF convertor box powered by A/C adapter (another $20-$25 from USA stores that sell them).

2.) You would need an XRGB-2 upscan convertor (and NOT an XRGB-2+ version) and an Japnese RGB-modded Supergun to be able to play SP1 games on a regular 31 kHz SVGA PC monitor. Only the XRGB-2 upscan convertor has the built-in sync rate to adjust the SP1 mobo to display correctly on a SVGA PC monitor. Looks very sharp on a 19" or bigger PC monitor. Just be prepared to spend about $150.00-$200.00 U.S. dollars for a used XRGB-2 though.

3.) You would need a simple Commodore Amiga analog RGB 15 kHz monitor and a connector interface to hook up a Supergun to the monitor...volia, instant sync up and no worries about slowly scrolling monitor screen issues when playing SP1 mobo/cartridges setup with a Supergun.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Bishamon

Post by Bishamon »

Another option that works is getting a Hauppauge WinTV FM card for your computer (or another card that is compatible), run S-Video from the supergun into the card, and then use DScaler (http://www.dscaler.com) to sync with the signal. Of course, you will need to have your computer on in this case, but it works quite well.
PsikyoPshumpPshooterP

Post by PsikyoPshumpPshooterP »

so Raiden Fighters cart and mobo version wont work on my supergun -> composite tv?
The cave whore count in this thread is unbelievable!!!