Question about Famicom-NES converter....

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
dave4shmups

Question about Famicom-NES converter....

Post by dave4shmups »

I would like to pick up a Famicom, but there's one thing that concerns me about the Famicom-NES converter-can you play unlicensed NES games (ie, Tengen, etc.) on the Famicom using this converter? Because there's actually a fair amount of unlicensed NES games that I happen to really like.
"Farewell to false pretension
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell, tomorrow burns"
PC Engine Fan X!

I've got a spare brand new Famicom to NES convertor...

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Keep your NES and just get a Famicom-to-NES cartridge convertor instead...especially if you have the original NES that outputs in "mono" and RCA composite video (much better than with RF output only found in Nintendo's official 2nd released "top-loading" NES console).

I recall that there is going to be new game console sold at the upcoming Classic Gaming Expo 2K5 show in Burlingame, California this August 20th & 21st, 2005, that allows one to play both Famicom & NES games without the need for a convertor as it has both game cart slots installed and is suppose to retail at $60.00 U.S. dollars.

Please visit http://www.cgexpo.com for more details on this cool new Famicom/NES combo console from Messiah called "Generation NEX".

Specs on the upcoming "Generation NEX" console:
http://www.cgexpo.com/pr/pr2k5/pr_messi ... ionnex.doc

JPEG of what "Generation NEX" console looks like:
http://www.playmessiah.com/images/onlin ... ps-NEX.jpg

I have a brand new Famicom to NES convertor that allows one to play Famicom game carts on their NES console. Comes complete with factory box and instruction card.

These Famicom to NES convertors are indeed harder to find than the NES to Famicom convertors...you just need to know where to look for them as they do exist.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

Oh yeah, I recall hearing about that, thanks for the reminder! :D

I wonder how much it'll cost, though!

BTW, I am now registered on Pcenginefx.com forums-can't wait to get a job and then a PCE Duo!-Dave
Farewell to hollow words
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

YES!!! :D :D It will only be $59.99-and then it will be mine! :D
Farewell to hollow words
zaphod

Post by zaphod »

Some US NES carts are actually famicom carts with converers insode!

Carts like Gyromite and duck hunt and the like are good ones to try and hack up and search for a converter.

That said, you should get the NEX instead, as converers will kill the extra sound channels.