Cave SH3 games that have no hiscore table erase.

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Dave_K.

Re: Cave SH3 games that have no hiscore table erase.

Post by Dave_K. »

Great news all around! :D

For original (no dot) Mushihimesama owners, I think you'll want to first play it without ultra unlocked, so your maniac scores store fine on the table. The score bug occurs when you open ultra, then your next maniac top score gets copied over to the ultra table, screwing up that table. Waiting to open up ultra after you've had your fill with Maniac means less chance of having another top score corrupt your ultra table.
Korszca

Post by Korszca »

That's a good point, I think I'll relock it when I move from Original on to Maniac.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Dave_K. wrote:Great news all around! :D
That is indeed excellent!
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Will this SH-3 re-intialization trick work on the Dodonpachi Dai Fukkatsu version 1.0, 1.5 & Black Label variant PCBs as well?

Of course, Cave did away with the RTC backup battery setup with all the DDP-DFK variant PCB releases.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
kernow

Post by kernow »

It'd probably work the same, I'm surprised they don't have the option in the test menu to be honest, but then I havent owned/borrowed them personally to see.
ookitarepanda

Post by ookitarepanda »

I just saw this thread after I loaned my Mushi to a friend.

What pisses me off the most about my board is that a previous owner must have set the settings to max lives, etc., so the high scores on Original were around 90 million, which is a considerable amount above the world record.

Anyway, I'd probably be too scared to try something like this anyway. I'd need a Dave K. hand.
cools

Post by cools »

kernow wrote:I'm surprised they don't have the option in the test menu to be honest
They do.
xMetalliCx

Post by xMetalliCx »

PC Engine Fan X! wrote:Will this SH-3 re-intialization trick work on the Dodonpachi Dai Fukkatsu version 1.0, 1.5 & Black Label variant PCBs as well?
No, this trick won't work for: all CV1000D PCBs (DDP DF, AK, DS MBL), Deathsmiles and FutariBL.
this PCBs do not use EEPROM/RTC at all.
kernow

Post by kernow »

cools wrote:
kernow wrote:I'm surprised they don't have the option in the test menu to be honest
They do.
Well there we go, no need then :D
SuperPang

Post by SuperPang »

Sorry to bump this. Are Mushihimesama and Espgaluda 2 the only SH3 PCBs that don't have a reset option?
cools

Post by cools »

As far as scores are concerned, yes.
Korszca

Post by Korszca »

I found an interesting bug in resetting high scores on my Mushihimesama (the original revision).
The game still copies over your Maniac score to the Ultra table even if Ultra hasn't been enabled.
I don't really care about that but if you do, be aware that you'll never be able to save Maniac scores to your PCB once you've reset it.
ookitarepanda

Post by ookitarepanda »

I tried this out a couple weeks ago, and it seemed to work just fine... for a while. Whoever had the board before me played the game with non-default settings so the scores on the board were like 90million for Original mode, only possible with a zillion extra extends on easier mode. So when I deleted the scores, anything would be better.

But now I have this problem:

Thoughts?
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Interesting, so this only happens if you change default settings? I'd say put everything back to defaults and reset the scores again to at least get an Original table that works.

Also sounds like Korszca found the reason why your maniac scores weren't getting saved after the reset.
ookitarepanda

Post by ookitarepanda »

Dave_K. wrote:Interesting, so this only happens if you change default settings? I'd say put everything back to defaults and reset the scores again to at least get an Original table that works.

Also sounds like Korszca found the reason why your maniac scores weren't getting saved after the reset.
Everything is on default. The reason I restarted the board was because the previous owner got impossible scores because settings weren't on default. So I changed the settings to default, and eventually reinitialized using your tips.

I'm just curious if this is part of the same bug that saves Maniac scores on to the Ultra table. Maybe the Original mode scores are screwy unless ultra is unlocked.
rtw

Post by rtw »

New discovery. You do not need to use the resistor trick anymore, If you look in the cv1k driver in MAME you will find the following:

During boot hold P1 Right+A+B+C and P2 Left+A+B+C - Forcibly initialise non-volatile data (EEPROM or NAND settings area)

Use a rubber band on your joysticks hold down the buttons when the game is booting!
http://world-of-arcades.net
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work
Joe T.

Post by Joe T. »

rtw wrote:New discovery. You do not need to use the resistor trick anymore, If you look in the cv1k driver in MAME you will find the following:

During boot hold P1 Right+A+B+C and P2 Left+A+B+C - Forcibly initialise non-volatile data (EEPROM or NAND settings area)

Use a rubber band on your joysticks hold down the buttons when the game is booting!
This saved me a lot of time and effort today. Thanks for sharing!