difficult to describe RGB problem

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Neon

difficult to describe RGB problem

Post by Neon »

The screen on my Commodore monitor has recently become a bit like a funhouse mirror...the effect is not drastic but enough to be noticeable. The image distorts in a way as though you were taking the screen and bending it...starting from the bottom and going to the top, over and over again...the games are still completely playable on it but it's irritating.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Geometry issues perhaps. Very hard to fix, usually not worth fixing on older screens.

Its the same as my PVM.. Spent $200 and only slightly made it better.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

Thought I don't know of an answer why, I imagine it's like some sort of wave is running from bottom to top, right?
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
chtimi-CLA

Post by chtimi-CLA »

is there a power supply near your screen?
Neon

Post by Neon »

Specineff wrote:Thought I don't know of an answer why, I imagine it's like some sort of wave is running from bottom to top, right?
Sort of...it looks like it's on top of water or something.
is there a power supply near your screen?
Why yes. It actually got worse when I tated it the other day, which moved it closer to the power supply...I'll try that, thanks.

edit: for all those having this issue who might be curious, this cured the problem completely. Thanks chtimi.
OmegaFlareX

Post by OmegaFlareX »

Mine does something similar, but it's only noticable with scrolling backgrounds (and objects in motion, to a lesser degree). There are two places on my tate monitor where it warps as the BG scrolls by. It's a real freakin' shame, because that monitor has absolutely beautiful colors and contrast.

Oh, the joys of getting RGB in the US.