Raiden Fighters SEIBU motherboard tv-compatability question.

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
D

Raiden Fighters SEIBU motherboard tv-compatability question.

Post by D »

OK will it work with a normal European RGB SCART 60 Hz capable tv?

I do not want to convert the signal.

Can somebody plz inlight me or provide me with a link to a site with details.

preferrably a:
Runnin Raiden Fighters on a tv faq?

I remember rading something about unusual screen frequencies.
Stefan_L

Post by Stefan_L »

All i can say is that it works fine on mine "European RGB SCART 60 Hz capable tv" :D
I belive SPI games use 55hz.
Bishamon

Post by Bishamon »

With the signal converted to S-Video via my supergun, I was unable to get SPI games to sync with three different televisions, one VCR, and one TV-tuner/VGA box from Viewsonic. I had to purchase a Hauppauge WinTV card and then use a program called 'DScaler' to get it to sync through my computer.

I was told about possible problems beforehand, but I didn't think it would be quite so difficult.
Tychom

Post by Tychom »

Works fine for me on two different 50/60hz compatible Euro TVs via RGB SCART (one an old daewoo, one a thomson).
D

Post by D »

Wow! thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.

So now I need a supergun with RGB SCART out + Seibu motherboard + game cartridge?
Any tips? Or things I should look out for? Like different RGB signals or options on a supergun?
matt

Post by matt »

SPI games work fine on most European TVs. PAL gamers have little to worry about.

Most NTSC TVs don't work with them, though.
MKL

Post by MKL »

Most European multistandard TVs not only do 50hz and 60hz but also all the intermediate frequencies, something US TVs don't do.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

It worked on my 55" Sony Wega LCD HDTV.

My supergun is running SCART into this -

http://www.highway.net.au/parts/converters/2005.html

Matt provided the Neo Geo scart cable :D

I doubt its the TV, but what box does the conversion.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
matt

Post by matt »

The converter box does nothing to the scanrate.

There are a few American TVs that will work with Raiden Fighters, but there's no real way of knowing without trying it out firsthand.
PC Engine Fan X!

SP1 Raiden Fighters works on my 17" USA Teknika TV...

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

I have an old USA produced 17" Teknika TV monitor (that has only an RF input) that allows one to play Raiden Fighters / Viper Phase-1 USA / Battle Balls SP1 games on it...however you have to use a S-Video output equipped Supergun using a S-Video cable downconverted to regular RCA composite Video cable (using a S-Video to RCA Composite Video adapter from Radio Shack -- $20.00 USD), then using a generic TV Composite Cable Adapter to RF signal box convertor powered by an A/C adapter (another $20.00 USD). The TV screen automatically senses the odd screen output of Raiden Fighters causes the picture to stabilize without any rolling screen whatsoever (like that on other USA TV monitors).

So yes, if you have an older USA TV built in 1987-1989 (with RF input signal only), chances are it'll work with Raiden Fighters cart & SP1 mobo setup. My USA Teknika TV can also accept PAL signal from PAL Atari 2600 games.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Yes, my screen rolls for like 1 second before it stablizes with Raiden fighters.

Pointless on my 55", its not like I can TATE the darn thing anyway. Surprisingly the picture quality is excellent. IIRC I could only move the image about 1" in either direction and it was slightly offset, but only slightly
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Yes, my screen rolls for like 1 second before it stablizes with Raiden fighters.

Pointless on my 55", its not like I can TATE the darn thing anyway. Surprisingly the picture quality is excellent. IIRC I could only move the image about 1" in either direction and it was slightly offset, but only slightly