Weird Idea somewhat possible Ketsui in a DDPDOJ case

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware

Weird Idea somewhat possible Ketsui in a DDPDOJ case

Post by Guest »

Was wondering if anyone has ever took a ketsui before and stuck into a Dodonpachi Dai Ou Jou Metal PCB Case?

Seems logical plus it would help the pcb last longer with the fan installed in the metal casing.

Has anyone tried this before?

Seems like a good idea to me.
PC Engine Fan X!

I was thinking about idea of Ketsui + DDP-DOJ case = cool!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

I was thinking about the very same idea when I used to have a bare-bones Ketsui PCB (but don't have one anymore). I suppose it could work as I recall that the Ketsui PCB has a built-in 2-pin header for a cooling fan anyways. I bought one of "Da Man" Matt's famous Superguns a few years back and it has a "cool" PC cooling fan when powered-on.

Now my USA modded PS2 console has one of the loudest cooling fans ever made when it's in operation...wish it could be replaced with a quieter one instead.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
japtor

Post by japtor »

i hate the fan noise on the doj case, at least the one i have. not sure if itd help it last any longer, just assuming its fine in open air cause thats the way it comes. the case itself is nice physical protection though. do the mounting holes in the doj board match ketsui (or galuda for that matter)? should be fine assuming the boards are relatively the same.
famitsu1

Post by famitsu1 »

Hi,
just to confirm that yeah Ketsui and Galuda both fit perfectly into the DJO fan case as I've done this myself.
Ta famitsu1 :)
Zach Keene

Post by Zach Keene »

Moving to Hardware.