Taito G-Net mobo problem...

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
PC Engine Fan X!

Taito G-Net mobo problem...

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

I have a Taito G-Net PCB and it loads up any Taito G-Card just fine (but after loading up the respective G-Card, it resets itself and keeps alternateing between a completely black screen & the "white/yellow strip bar" screen).

Any helpful suggestions as to save my Taito G-Net mobo from becoming another Jamma PCB "gone up in smoke"?

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
dpful

Post by dpful »

maybe a prob with the connection between the mother and daughter boards?

Also, I don't think you can reset g-nets while they're loading, maybe a reset switch is stuck on, and it doesn't activate till the cart is loaded.
I think there are 4 microswitches on the board near underneath where you put the cart in, and one of them might be a reset. Check those, or any other test switches that might be shorted or stuck on.
rtw

Re: Taito G-Net mobo problem...

Post by rtw »

PC Engine Fan X! wrote:I have a Taito G-Net PCB and it loads up any Taito G-Card just fine (but after loading up the respective G-Card, it resets itself and keeps alternateing between a completely black screen & the "white/yellow strip bar" screen).

Any helpful suggestions as to save my Taito G-Net mobo from becoming another Jamma PCB "gone up in smoke"?

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Check your voltages. The G-Net is picky about voltages.

rtw
http://world-of-arcades.net
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

Post by Guest »

All sony motherboards are faulty at some point.