JVC X'Eye (Third party Genesis) - Anyone here have one?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Vexorg

JVC X'Eye (Third party Genesis) - Anyone here have one?

Post by Vexorg »

Someone on one of the boards here at work said that they might have an extra one of these they'd be willing to sell, and I'd love to get one not only for the SegaCD support, but also for the proper stereo outputs and S-video support. Does anyone here happen to have one of these, and if so, what do you think?
We want you, save our planet!
Xbox Live: Vexorg | The Sledgehammer - Version 2.0
matt

Post by matt »

I've had a few of them in the past.

They're nice machines, but don't function any better than a CDX or Genny+CD. I wasn't particularly impressed with the sound quality over a normal Genny.

The US version doesn't have S-Video output like the Japanese model, BTW.
FRO

Post by FRO »

Sorry to drag an old topic out of the mix, but I have one that I'm trying to get going. When I use a Nomad AC adapter I can play cartriges, but not CD's. I'm guessing it's because the Nomad adapter is 9V+ & the unit actually requires 9.5V+. My question is, does anyone know of a place I can purchase either a used JVC adapter for these things, or perhaps a generic 9.5V+ adapter that will work w/ the X`Eye (even if it's a multi-selector/tip adapter)? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

Radio Shack?
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
FRO

Post by FRO »

I checked RadioShack's website & they have no 9.5V adapters. Not even their "adaptaplug" line has one that has 9.5V as a selection. In fact, I have an adaptaplug unit that will go from 3V up to 12V & I checked it - no dice.

I found a website that has AA-S95J (original JVC adapter) in their catalog, but they don't have them in stock (naturally). In any event, I have e-mailed them to see if they ever get them in stock.