Candy cabs - brand new, UK

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
system11

Candy cabs - brand new, UK

Post by system11 »

Wasn't sure which section to put this in. For sure, these are items for sale - but not by me or a member of this board - it's a source of cabs for people in the UK.

http://www.system11.org/temp/BC

Today I met a guy who has quite a few of these. His associate is the one who makes the J-Pacs and arcadeVGA cards. They've got quite a few apparently, of both sizes.

The 29" model (not sure on the 20") is triple frequency - this means it can run higher res games too - up to 640x480. I wanted to check for myself - that's my laptop plugged into it in one photo, running a PC game at 640x480. If anyone is interested in either type - contact:

grant.j@blueyonder.co.uk

The price I was quoted was a little more than the machines at killercabs, but those are low res only, and these are brand new - never sited, never owned, never used. I'm probably going to be buying one in the next few days. It sounded like if they run out, they'll buy another container load of them.
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Easy mate, I was just wondering if you did buy one in the end? If so, how are you getting on with it?

I'm tempted by the Aero City's at Killercabs but I'd much prefer a brand spanking new cab :)

Geezer :)
Ketsui-The last of the manly cave shooters.
Ord

Post by Ord »

I picked up an Aero City at Killercabs and it's utterly wonderful! Great site with friendly folk who'll bend over backwards to help.
Ikaruga review now up in PLASMA BLOSSOM
theevilfunkster

Post by theevilfunkster »

Ord wrote:I picked up an Aero City at Killercabs and it's utterly wonderful! Great site with friendly folk who'll bend over backwards to help.
What sort of condition are their Aeros in? They look pretty tidy in the pics but what are they really like? I'm seriously considering getting one (after I've cleared all my credit card bills)
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Ord-How much did you pay for your Aero?

Geezer :)

EDIT-Never mind, I've seen that they're listed at £399 on their new site :)
Ketsui-The last of the manly cave shooters.
Ord

Post by Ord »

The Aero I got was in brilliant condition. There are just 2 patches of yellowing near the CP and some paint has come off where the coin bucket is kept. I actually only paid £299 for mine. They wired up a kick harness for me as well.
Ikaruga review now up in PLASMA BLOSSOM