Dreamcast woes

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
crithit5000

Dreamcast woes

Post by crithit5000 »

The second DC I've owned is deciding to be a bitch now, and doesn't want to read any discs. CD's, American games, my boot disc for imports, the imports...nothing is loading.

I just got Trizeal in the mail today, so I rifled my room looking for my Utopia disc. I found it, and it ran. Then I swapped Trizeal in, and it didn't load. The discs are still spinning, but the DC isn't reading squat...all the discs I've tried are pretty clean (no major scratches) so I'm at a loss I think...

Anything I can do besides throw the damn thing away? And I really hate having to let a game I just got today go unplayed... :evil:
now tighter than your sister
Gozur

Post by Gozur »

It's certainly worth getting on the phone and getting a Dreamcast for $20 for your local or not so local Game Crazy, GameStop, or EB Games. They are pretty plentiful here at that price if you need one and cant find one. I can get one for you and ship it. The game rocks... play it.
-Goz

NAOMI games: Border Down, Ikaruga, Trizeal, Chaos Field, Heavy Metal
Atomiswave: Dolphin Blue, Demolish Fist, Rumble Fish, Knights of Valour
Cabs: Crown powered by DC, Windy powered by Saturn & DC, Cyberlead
black mariah
Banned User

Post by black mariah »

There's some internal surgery that can be done using a screw on the lens assembly to realign the laser, but I've never had this work. You can read all about it on this thread over at Shoryuken.com.

http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45966

Dreamcasts are so cheap I'd just get a new one. I'm on my third DC right now.
Blow up self to involve enemies.
crithit5000

Post by crithit5000 »

Black Mariah saved my DC from the trash with that link. It's now working again. Now...off to Trizeal!

Oh, and thanks BM.
now tighter than your sister