Memory cards and airports

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
wally

Memory cards and airports

Post by wally »

Taking a trip next week and thinking of bringing the Dreamcast with me. I've got a ton of saves on my main memory card and not certain I will get a backup done in time. Has anyone had any problems with Dreamcast memory cards going through x-ray machines or metal detectors? Thanks.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Nope. :) No worries, I brought my PS2 with everything on it through one of them. I was actually more concerned about whether or not they'd think it was some kind of Weapon or Missile Device with all the circuitry. FYI, it's been said a while ago that Saddam Hussein wanted to buy a series of PS2s to develop a Missile Guidance system. Anyway, it didn't do anything to the Memory Card, and as long as you don't play your system while in-flight, which might cause Radio Interference, it should be alright.
The world would be a better place if there were less shooters and more dot-eaters.

Jesus' BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS:
1. Pure, Mournful, Humble Heart
2. Merciful Peacemaker
3. Suffer for Righteous Desire
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

^^^ LOL. That was hoax probably created by Sony themselves to boost the mental image of the Emotion Engine in front of John Q. Public. Remember also how Lucas said they could have done the entire Episode 1 on the PS2 if they wanted? Heh, I want to see him make the Star Wars Holiday Special on PS3. :twisted:
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
marcus12024

Post by marcus12024 »

I've also taken both PS1 and 2 memory cards through an airport, as well as a PS2 and a SNES, and had no problems.
japtor

Post by japtor »

taken gba and ds carts, and uh, compact flash and smart media cards (camera). all fine.

although on my last flight, leaving hawaii, they stopped me at the security check and swabbed the area where my ipod (silver mini) was sitting in my bag. didnt check it on my first flight (from lax).
Capt. Takehiko

Post by Capt. Takehiko »

I am stopped when travelling with my Saturn interstate every time. I took it to NY with me last year and nobody cared at all. :o
The Captain.