Holy Cow, my composite TV Tates perfectly!!...

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
dave4shmups

Holy Cow, my composite TV Tates perfectly!!...

Post by dave4shmups »

I can't believe it! I tried it for the first time today; just flipped it without ANY waiting before hand, plugged it in immediately-and it was pefect! I even tried DC Armada on it, and no discoloration that I could see!

This is a pretty new Magnovox-got it about 2 months ago. I have heard that certain brands of TV Tate better (or maybe composites do) -but still, this is amazing to me! :D
"Farewell to false pretension
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell, tomorrow burns"
Naiera

Post by Naiera »

What do you mean by "composite TV"?
mannerbot

Re: Holy Cow, my composite TV Tates perfectly!!...

Post by mannerbot »

dave4shmups wrote:I can't believe it! I tried it for the first time today; just flipped it without ANY waiting before hand, plugged it in immediately-and it was pefect! I even tried DC Armada on it, and no discoloration that I could see!

This is a pretty new Magnovox-got it about 2 months ago. I have heard that certain brands of TV Tate better (or maybe composites do) -but still, this is amazing to me! :D
:idea:
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

hey, i am trailing him by a mere 200 and i consider myself rather productive in my dealings with this forum.

fart poop peepee
I have no sig whatsoever.
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

*shrugs* I don't really care what people think about how many posts I've made; roughly have of them have gone un-answered, and no one stops to think about that.

I'm not doing anyone harm, I was just amazed that my Composite tv tated so easily, and that's why I posted. And this information on the brand and type could be usefull to others.
"Farewell to false pretension
Farewell to hollow words
Farewell to fake affection
Farewell, tomorrow burns"
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

Composite or S-video or RF doesn't really make a difference. It's more like the build or quality of the TV/Monitor what matters. Cheap ass TVs will have the transformer soldered to the PCB without any other support, so tating it might actually damage the PCB. Some others, like Amiga monitors are solid Tate-rs.
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

Well this Magnovox was pretty cheap-under $200, but then again, Magnovox is, IMO, a very solid brand, and has been for a long time.

So given that info, do you think Tating it will damage it's PCB? Or is there really no way to tell? Because I can't afford a new TV at this point in time.
ResOGlas

Post by ResOGlas »

Panasonics use great tubes and they always have large flat side panels. They were simply made to TATE.

+1
ResOGlas

Post by ResOGlas »

dave4shmups wrote:Well this Magnovox was pretty cheap-under $200, but then again, Magnovox is, IMO, a very solid brand, and has been for a long time.

So given that info, do you think Tating it will damage it's PCB? Or is there really no way to tell? Because I can't afford a new TV at this point in time.

As long as you don't really clunk your TV around hard during the tating process, and you turn it off for a few seconds so it has the proper time to deguass, you should be good to go.