Questions that do not deserve a thread

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
MidOrFeed2015

Re: Questions that do not deserve a thread

Post by MidOrFeed2015 »

BenoitRen wrote:Please check the stickied NTSC-J Xbox 360 owner's manual.
360 consoles use external power, so you can use a power supply in your own region on a foreign console without any need for conversion. Hong Kong/Chinese Xbox 360s ship with 220v power supplies, while consoles from Japan ship with 110v power supplies.

so then i guess i am good? this is what i see from the bolded. i am dealing with an arcade model (1st) jp 360 and arcade model US power supply.
MidOrFeed2015

Post by MidOrFeed2015 »

BenoitRen wrote:Please check the stickied NTSC-J Xbox 360 owner's manual.
360 consoles use external power, so you can use a power supply in your own region on a foreign console without any need for conversion. Hong Kong/Chinese Xbox 360s ship with 220v power supplies, while consoles from Japan ship with 110v power supplies.

so then i guess i am good? this is what i see from the bolded. i am dealing with an arcade model (1st) jp 360 and arcade model US power supply.
MidOrFeed2015

Post by MidOrFeed2015 »

well I found a 100v - 127v power supply and it works with my JP 360. all is good!
TyMiles2012

Post by TyMiles2012 »

Does anyone have a Crestron HD-Scaler? How do I change the settings without the remote or at least get the remote working? I bought a remote seperately on eBay and my scaler refuses to pick it up. My issue is that the scaler is stuck in 1080i output. I need to change it to 1080p and I've looked all over the Toolbox software for a possible way to force it to change but no avail, plus there's almost no information on it after looking on Google. I've also made sure the battery was properly installed and the IR laser was firing with a camera.

EDIT: I can confirm the scaler works in the first place. It picks up my OSSC, it's just that I can't get the scaler's menu OSD to pop up with the remote.
strayan

Post by strayan »

TyMiles2012 wrote:Does anyone have a Crestron HD-Scaler? How do I change the settings without the remote or at least get the remote working? I bought a remote seperately on eBay and my scaler refuses to pick it up. My issue is that the scaler is stuck in 1080i output. I need to change it to 1080p and I've looked all over the Toolbox software for a possible way to force it to change but no avail, plus there's almost no information on it after looking on Google. I've also made sure the battery was properly installed and the IR laser was firing with a camera.

EDIT: I can confirm the scaler works in the first place. It picks up my OSSC, it's just that I can't get the scaler's menu OSD to pop up with the remote.
I have one (actually 3) and I bought remotes separately and they all worked right away no config required. You might have a non working remote. The hardware reset button should put it back into a progressive mode. I've never found a way to change any settings without a remote unfortunately.
Last edited by strayan on Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
TyMiles2012

Post by TyMiles2012 »

strayan wrote:
TyMiles2012 wrote:Does anyone have a Crestron HD-Scaler? How do I change the settings without the remote or at least get the remote working? I bought a remote seperately on eBay and my scaler refuses to pick it up. My issue is that the scaler is stuck in 1080i output. I need to change it to 1080p and I've looked all over the Toolbox software for a possible way to force it to change but no avail, plus there's almost no information on it after looking on Google. I've also made sure the battery was properly installed and the IR laser was firing with a camera.

I have one (actually 3) and I bought remotes separately and they all worked right away no config required. You might have a non working remote.
Alrighty. I'll see if I can pick up another remote. What confuses me though is that the IR laser is clearly firing because I'm pointing a camera at it. Thankfully the remotes aren't very expensive, so I'll just try one more.

EDIT: I've tried the hard reset button, but it still picks up as 1080i.
Colback

Post by Colback »

Does anyone here have experience using the PSP Go native 240p output with the OSSC ? Can’t seem to dial in the good sampling options in optim mode.
Gunstar

Post by Gunstar »

Colback wrote:Does anyone here have experience using the PSP Go native 240p output with the OSSC ? Can’t seem to dial in the good sampling options in optim mode.
poptart on the RGB forum has some settings you could try: link
Colback

Post by Colback »

Thanks that’s a really good thread, but I was more curious of the PS1 side of things. I try to play SotN in 256*240 optim mode but I end up with bad sampling phase fuzz that I can’t get rid off
Gunstar

Post by Gunstar »

Colback wrote:Thanks that’s a really good thread, but I was more curious of the PS1 side of things. I try to play SotN in 256*240 optim mode but I end up with bad sampling phase fuzz that I can’t get rid off
Reading fail, you even said native 240p. Hmm, I guess you tried the PSX sampling rate for 256x240 from the OSSC wiki?
H.samplerate=341.25

Sorry, all out of ideas, hopefully, someone else here can help!
Colback

Post by Colback »

Yeah of course I tried, maybe I should make a 240p test suite Eboot just to see if it can help a bit
jd213

Post by jd213 »

Let us know if you can get the 240p test suite to work on a PSPGo, I tried a couple years ago and couldn't get it to boot after conversion to eboot.
Colback

Post by Colback »

I had no luck with the Eboot as well, pretty disapointing I will say. I will try using the MD version with an emulator in 256x240.

Edit : The emulator ran at 525i should have guessed
shroom2k

Post by shroom2k »

For PSPgo 240p I use H.samplerate=343.50

But with Symphony of the Night, that only works for actual gameplay, but not for the in-game menu, since the menu seems to be 384x240 I think.
vol.2

Post by vol.2 »

shroom2k wrote:For PSPgo 240p I use H.samplerate=343.50

But with Symphony of the Night, that only works for actual gameplay, but not for the in-game menu, since the menu seems to be 384x240 I think.
yeah, the menu is a pita. it's impossible to get both the menu and the gameplay centered properly on the original PSX disc.
BenoitRen

Post by BenoitRen »

I want to buy either a HDFury 2 Gamer, or a HDFury Nano GX, and again I'm having a hard time making up my mind. Mostly because I have a hard time believing that the HDFury 2 performs so poorly during tests (its output image is noticeably softer compared to others). Then there's the Nano GX, which is okay at 720p, but poor at 1080p, and according to the manfacturer has the worst picture quality.

The best option would seem to be the original HDFury, but it doesn't have audio out, and the input is DVI instead of HDMI. Plus, you don't always get the AC adapter with it.
H6rdc0re

Post by H6rdc0re »

Does anyone know alternative vias on the SNES Jr motherboard for the 7805 voltage regulator? It seems the vias are damaged on my motherboard. Perhaps I can run a some wires to bridge the connections.
vol.2

Post by vol.2 »

H6rdc0re wrote:It seems the vias are damaged on my motherboard.
so, what I think you are saying is that the thru holes in which the VR mounts are damaged. the holes say IGO on the top of the pcb I think.

if that's what you mean, you can scratch away the pcb material from on top of the trace near the via to expose fresh copper. then just lay a solder bridge between the trace and the leg of the VR. if the distance is too far from the leg for a bridge, use a bodge wire between them.
H6rdc0re

Post by H6rdc0re »

vol.2 wrote:
H6rdc0re wrote:It seems the vias are damaged on my motherboard.
so, what I think you are saying is that the thru holes in which the VR mounts are damaged. the holes say IGO on the top of the pcb I think.

if that's what you mean, you can scratch away the pcb material from on top of the trace near the via to expose fresh copper. then just lay a solder bridge between the trace and the leg of the VR. if the distance is too far from the leg for a bridge, use a bodge wire between them.
That's exactly what I'm saying. I'm gonna try it out, thanks.
Smashbro29

Post by Smashbro29 »

Have kind of a unique problem with a SEGA CD (model 2). I tried to move it today and it's just stuck. I think the rubber feet on it are just stuck on there really good. Any advice?

Did it myself, little knife action and it practically flew off.
AceFan84

Post by AceFan84 »

I've got a new GC Loader preordered and have a question regarding it and the gameboy player. Currently I use an Action Replay/sd card method to load swiss/gbi and play my gameboy games on my gamecube. When I put the gc loader in my gamecube can I just run an iso of the action replay disc to load swiss or will that not work? I'm trying to figure out if I can get my one system to play gamecube discs off a sd card and also be able to play all my gameboy games through the gbi like I do now.
Extrems

Post by Extrems »

Um, it just loads Swiss.
AceFan84

Post by AceFan84 »

Extrems wrote:Um, it just loads Swiss.
Ok (sorry I'm being a moron about this) but you're saying you can just run swiss from the sd card that's used in the gc loader? Will that eliminate the need for my action replay disc and my memory card adapter all together?
Extrems

Post by Extrems »

At the present time, it won't eliminate the need for an SD card adapter.
AceFan84

Post by AceFan84 »

Extrems wrote:At the present time, it won't eliminate the need for an SD card adapter.
Ok. My last question is about the gameboy player, can you still use it ok like this? I have gameboy everdrives that I play through the player, I prefer this method over emulators because they give me easy flexibility to play games on my tv or portable across my gameboy devices.
Extrems

Post by Extrems »

You have the option of using Game Boy Interface's Memory Card Boot Disc and have Game Boy Interface run within 2 seconds after pressing the power button.
AceFan84

Post by AceFan84 »

Extrems wrote:You have the option of using Game Boy Interface's Memory Card Boot Disc and have Game Boy Interface run within 2 seconds after pressing the power button.
Ok thanks for helping me out. Stupid questions I know but thanks for clearing things up for me.

EDIT: Ok so I just re-read the page Bob wrote on retrorgb about the GBI and I realized I was being a moron about all this, I was making it much more complicated than it is. Thanks for your patience and answering my questions I appreciate it!
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

This is kind of a dumb request, but I need an adapter of sorts for my SCART cable for my TG-16. The modder made the DIN-8 (not mini) come out the side so the cable bends toward the rear of the machine. This is pretty taxing on the years old Retro Access cables prone to not bending well and popping solder joints. I'm looking for either an angle adapter or a short male-female cable I can install that would allow me to route the cable toward the rear. If all else fails I guess I could make my own from DigiKey parts, but I was hoping for something more professional.
nmalinoski

Post by nmalinoski »

ldeveraux wrote:This is kind of a dumb request, but I need an adapter of sorts for my SCART cable for my TG-16. The modder made the DIN-8 (not mini) come out the side so the cable bends toward the rear of the machine. This is pretty taxing on the years old Retro Access cables prone to not bending well and popping solder joints. I'm looking for either an angle adapter or a short male-female cable I can install that would allow me to route the cable toward the rear. If all else fails I guess I could make my own from DigiKey parts, but I was hoping for something more professional.
Retro-Access has been making right-angle Fortiflex cables for, what, Genesis 3/CDX? I'm sure they can make you a custom one for your TG16.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

nmalinoski wrote:
ldeveraux wrote:This is kind of a dumb request, but I need an adapter of sorts for my SCART cable for my TG-16. The modder made the DIN-8 (not mini) come out the side so the cable bends toward the rear of the machine. This is pretty taxing on the years old Retro Access cables prone to not bending well and popping solder joints. I'm looking for either an angle adapter or a short male-female cable I can install that would allow me to route the cable toward the rear. If all else fails I guess I could make my own from DigiKey parts, but I was hoping for something more professional.
Retro-Access has been making right-angle Fortiflex cables for, what, Genesis 3/CDX? I'm sure they can make you a custom one for your TG16.
I don't want to pay >$50 for a new cable and be beholden to their seemingly random and uneven schedule. I was hoping to spend <$20.