Questions that do not deserve a thread

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Zeron

Questions that do not deserve a thread

Post by Zeron »

I like this concept

Anyways lets get started

What exactly is video input level on a monitor?
I can select between 0.7volt and 1.0volt

Also what is the closest to a real arcade monitor?
6500k or 9300k colours?
Ed Oscuro

Re: Questions that do not deserve a thread

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Zeron wrote:Also what is the closest to a real arcade monitor?
6500k or 9300k colours?
This setting actually should be selected according to the lighting environment of the room the monitor is in. For florescent (or compact florescent, or white LED) you will probably get a better look with the 9300K setting (and probably for bright daylight too, although Canon puts shade and cloudy day white balance around 7000K and 6000K if memory serves); if you are using incandescent lights (the old tungsten filament bulbs) then select 6500K. Also, the K is capitalized, stands for Kelvin. The more you know!
dunpeal2064

Post by dunpeal2064 »

nvm, didnt notice it was in hardware. >.>
BuckoA51

Post by BuckoA51 »

I have one (I was actually talking to someone about this today)

Can a PAL consoles ever output a true NTSC signal (via RGB SCART), or is it always PAL60 or some bastardised version thereof?
OSSC Forums - http://www.videogameperfection.com/forums
Please check the XRGB Wiki before posting about the OSSC, XRGB Mini or XRGB3 - http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php/Main_Page
Zeron

Post by Zeron »

BuckoA51 wrote:I have one (I was actually talking to someone about this today)

Can a PAL consoles ever output a true NTSC signal (via RGB SCART), or is it always PAL60 or some bastardised version thereof?

Well I cant say for sure but I have my PAL PS2 hooked up with a PAL RGB SCART and the TV detects for example the Dai Ou Jou port as NTSC, while my Dreamcast which is also PAL running through RGB, no matter what region the game is , the TV detects it as PAL60
BuckoA51

Post by BuckoA51 »

I heard it was something to do with the timing being slightly different on PAL/NTSC machines.
OSSC Forums - http://www.videogameperfection.com/forums
Please check the XRGB Wiki before posting about the OSSC, XRGB Mini or XRGB3 - http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php/Main_Page
SGGG2

Post by SGGG2 »

Has anyone tried mayflash's VGA cable for PS3 and Wii? I'd rather not run my PS3 through a transcoder to use with the SLG3000 if possible, but I've read mixed things.
Dronevil

Post by Dronevil »

Hello, could someone tell me if this stick is a suzo 500/omnistick/eurostick or whatever is called nowadays?
pic Image
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

Has anyone tried mayflash's VGA cable for PS3 and Wii? I'd rather not run my PS3 through a transcoder to use with the SLG3000 if possible, but I've read mixed things.
the cable actually includes a transcoder. I've see the Wii version and it's ok. Nothing great, especially since the Wii's component isn't great to begin with. It should be ok for a 480p signal from the PS3, but I wouldn't use it for higher bandwith signals.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Dronevil wrote:Hello, could someone tell me if this stick is a suzo 500/omnistick/eurostick or whatever is called nowadays?
pic Image
Yes it is.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Dronevil

Post by Dronevil »

emphatic wrote: Yes it is.
Thank you sir.
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Does anyone know how to get rid of white ghosting from animated gif images? I can't seem to find a straight answer through google, and I don't have imageready.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
DEL

Post by DEL »

Will my PAL Tekken 6 Hori X360 joystick work on my new JAP X360 console?So far no luck when I press the green x360 button.
The pad that comes with the Jap console configures immediately when I press the green button, but no luck with the PAL stick.
A friend tells me it should work, but I'm not sure.
Don't tell me there's region protection on sticks as well as games :roll: ?!
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

DEL wrote:Will my PAL Tekken 6 Hori X360 joystick work on my new JAP X360 console?So far no luck when I press the green x360 button.
The pad that comes with the Jap console configures immediately when I press the green button, but no luck with the PAL stick.
A friend tells me it should work, but I'm not sure.
Don't tell me there's region protection on sticks as well as games :roll: ?!
Yes it will. But I had to look in the manual on how to do it. IIRC, you will have to press the connect button on the console as well as on the HORI stick. Not a fun stick to play shmups on though.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
DEL

Post by DEL »

emphatic - You da Man! It now works. I didn't know about the connect button on the JAP console.
The stick is probably crap but its better than nothing (and nothing = pad).
Now to figure out a games order. Ketsui, Swine Bundle and..... :?:
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

DEL wrote:Now to figure out a games order. Ketsui, Swine Bundle and..... DDP-DFK BL Retail
Great. If you want to make the stick slightly better, open it and put a tougher spring on the shaft. I put a SANWA gate on mine also, let me know if you want more details. Better to get an Akihabarashop.jp PS360 PCB and wire that to a JAMMA fingerboard so you can use a supergun or a cabinet for controls instead.
SGGG2

Post by SGGG2 »

Stumbled across this; "3DFury add 3D capabilities to ANY display"

http://dme.ghost2.net/forum/viewforum.p ... 83c8552ee6
http://hdfury2.co.uk/3dfury-p-46.html?z ... 52e6d651de

WFT? How is this possible? Doesn't 3D TV hinge on refresh rates of 120hz or greater?
SGGG2

Post by SGGG2 »

Thinking of picking up a used Wii. Does it matter which brand of component cables I get? I'm probably going to route this through my X-Select/XRGB-3, would I be better off with, and will a japanese D-Terminal cable work?
whoozwah

Post by whoozwah »

Is DDPDOJ BLEX worth getting for 360 if you already have the PS2 port? Also, does the 360 version support clockwise tate? PS2 version only supports counter clockwise tate and my monitor mount doesn't turn that way. It ended up upside down (which I tried playing anyways for the hell of it and it was stupid and fun.)
speedlolita

Post by speedlolita »

whoozwah wrote:Is DDPDOJ BLEX worth getting for 360 if you already have the PS2 port? Also, does the 360 version support clockwise tate? PS2 version only supports counter clockwise tate and my monitor mount doesn't turn that way. It ended up upside down (which I tried playing anyways for the hell of it and it was stupid and fun.)
It's well bad. So no.
whoozwah

Post by whoozwah »

I heard that there were some glitches because it was a port of a port. But I thought they released patches to fix it. Still don't know about clockwise tate either.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

DOJ Blex' X mode is brilliant and well worth getting. It TATE's the same way all the other 360 ports does.
speedlolita

Post by speedlolita »

emphatic wrote:DOJ Blex' X mode is brilliant and well worth getting. It TATE's the same way all the other 360 ports does.
He already owns the PS2 ver. though..

£40 odd for a mode isn't worth it in my eyes.
whoozwah

Post by whoozwah »

is is prettier and shinier than the PS2 version?

like with updated graphics and such or a straight port like Ketsui/MMP/PS?
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

whoozwah wrote:is is prettier and shinier than the PS2 version?

like with updated graphics and such or a straight port like Ketsui/MMP/PS?
No, the PS2 port is prettier (it's 240p in TATE) on a CRT if that's what you mean? But the new Arrange soundtrack is good, but the best part is X Mode IMHO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AySmdGjy ... re=related (sorry, a nice run in hard to find on YouTube)
whoozwah

Post by whoozwah »

I play on an LCD because it's simpler to tate with the mount I have for it. If there isn't a "360 mode" with redone sprites like Futari, Galuda II, Deathsmiles etc that makes kinda bums me out but being able to play properly tate'd and with a stick vs. a PS2 pad is definitely attractive.
speedlolita

Post by speedlolita »

Spend that money on an MC Cthulhu instead, I would at least. lol
whoozwah

Post by whoozwah »

I haven't read up on that. Is that a stick mod?
speedlolita

Post by speedlolita »

Sort of, PCB that allows basically any console to be played bar 360 due to security chip. Dunno how people live without it personally!
whoozwah

Post by whoozwah »

wait a minute. Can you install this in a 360 stick and be able to play with that stick on any system including 360 since the security chip is already present?