PSone LCD

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
snap monkey

PSone LCD

Post by snap monkey »

Anyone happen to know of an online vendor (other than ebay) who is still selling these new at a decent price?
PC Engine Fan X!

Check at your local U.S. based Kmart stores...still sell 'em

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

You might want to check with your local U.S. based Kmart store...just head on down to the video game aisle and look to see if any brand new official Sony PSOne LCD monitors are for sale. At my local Kmart store smack dab in the Central Valley of California...you can still buy a brand new official Sony PSOne LCD monitor but it will set you back at $129.99 U.S. dollars (and not including any tax either).

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
japtor

Post by japtor »

i think a few months ago toys r us was unloading these for $20-30...theyre all gone by now im sure though.
snap monkey

Post by snap monkey »

Yeah, I ended snagging a used one from EB that was in decent condition for $30. It has some minor scratching on the screen and on the outside, but no dead pixels and the scratches aren't apparent during gameplay. Of course, once I get a psone I'll be in business!

P.S. It's the official Sony brand, by the way.
FatCobra

Post by FatCobra »

All I gotta ask is what is the point of buying such frivolus accessory for an outdated console? Unless the screen quality is excellent and you don't have a good TV lying around.
Shmups: It's all about blowing stuff up!
snap monkey

Post by snap monkey »

FatCobra wrote:All I gotta ask is what is the point of buying such frivolus accessory for an outdated console? Unless the screen quality is excellent and you don't have a good TV lying around.
For the longest time I thought it was pointless as well, until I started to consider the fact that the LCD basically makes the psone a portable system. Being able to take it on car rides or just chill in my bed and play some <insert your favorate PSX game> comfortably would rule. The display is top-notch, as far as the official Sony screen, and I was able to find it cheap. I'm also looking into getting a mobile rechargeable battery and car adapter for it, neither of which should break my bank. In short, it's awesome.

And as far as the console being outdated, well, you're the last person on this forum I'd expect that to be coming from, Mr. SNES. :shock: