HSS-0130 Sega Saturn Virtua Stick Pro - stock buttons?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Christoph

HSS-0130 Sega Saturn Virtua Stick Pro - stock buttons?

Post by Christoph »

Anyone know what buttons and joysticks come stock in the HSS-0130 Sega Saturn Virtua Stick Pro?

Christoph

Re: HSS-0130 Sega Saturn Virtua Stick Pro - stock buttons?

Post by Christoph »

Nice, looks like they are LS-32 sticks and crappy sega buttons

thanks for the link
Aguilar

Post by Aguilar »

yea the 130 comes with the ls-32 and the crappy buttons, if your looking to replace the buttons you'll have to do some work to the CP. There are these notches that prevent people from putting better buttons in. Had the same issue with my hss - 136. Took the CP to a machine shop and had a bunch of work done to it, next day I had full seimitsu goodness.
brokenhalo

Post by brokenhalo »

Aguilar wrote:yea the 130 comes with the ls-32 and the crappy buttons, if your looking to replace the buttons you'll have to do some work to the CP. There are these notches that prevent people from putting better buttons in. Had the same issue with my hss - 136. Took the CP to a machine shop and had a bunch of work done to it, next day I had full seimitsu goodness.
if they are 30mm holes then you only have to file off the little tabs. only takes a couple minutes to do the whole cp if you have a dremel and a grinding bit. if the holes are only 29mm then it's a little more work but still pretty easy with a dremel. i hope you didn't pay too much to have the machine shop do this for you.
Aguilar

Post by Aguilar »

Yes the holes are 30mm and all you have to do is grind the tabs. The machine shop diddnt charge me too much, I had other things that needed to be done with the CP though. Like removing the deep countersink holes that were stock, and put in new ones that aligned up with the new mounting bracket that comes with the LS
Christoph

Post by Christoph »

Damn, I didn't know I had to mod anything inside.

So there are little tabs underneath each hole that need to be filed away?

Will any 30mm (snap in or screw in) seimitsu button work?

Thanks
Aguilar

Post by Aguilar »

Yea, as soon as you file the little tabs off seitmitsu buttons will fit.
Christoph

Post by Christoph »

I thought this stick comes stock with LS-32?

Shouldn't they say Seimtsu on them somewhere?

Aguilar

Post by Aguilar »

Looks like an ls-32 to me, although I have a 32-01 the Seimitsu shaft is pretty unmistakable compared to others.

Pic from my 32-01, quite similar gate and shaft.

But, I do think its weird that it doesnt say Seimitsu anywhere. I am 90% sure its legit. Probably says it on the actual pcb somewhere.
Sabishii Hito

Post by Sabishii Hito »

Definitely an LS-32.

604_degrees

Post by 604_degrees »

Aguilar wrote:Yea, as soon as you file the little tabs off seitmitsu buttons will fit.
Actually you don't have to do this if you have snap-in buttons, because tabs are the same size as the latches. I've just removed old buttons and new sanwas fitted perfectly.

ninn

Post by ninn »

604_degrees wrote:... and new sanwas fitted perfectly.
No more unfitting connectors - hail to the solder!
beharius

Post by beharius »

What about HSS136, which model do you recommend?
RaidenJack

Post by RaidenJack »

I just registered to this forum after seeing this thread. Very cool forum you guys have here.

Anyways; I just purchased a HSS-0130 from eBay and it is on the way here (most likely two weeks away). I would like to swap out the buttons with Sanwa buttons. What model buttons do you guys recommend and what exactly will I need to do to make this swap happen. I would really really like if I could avoid having any machine work done to make them fit. Soldering = no problem, machine work = no bueno. All of your help will be much appreciated; I will be taking pictures every step of the way for others to reference.
HiroWorship

Post by HiroWorship »

604_degrees wrote:
Aguilar wrote:Yea, as soon as you file the little tabs off seitmitsu buttons will fit.
Actually you don't have to do this if you have snap-in buttons, because tabs are the same size as the latches. I've just removed old buttons and new sanwas fitted perfectly.
Hey everyone, sorry to resurrect this old thread, but can anyone provide additional confirmation that Sanwa snap-in buttons fit the stock panel in the HSS-0130 without modification (i.e., without filing down the tabs in the button holes)?
I'd like to use standard Sanwa 30mm and 24mm snap-in buttons.
I'm sure 604_degrees is correct, but I've Googled this to death and there still seem to be conflicting reports on this.

Many many thanks to anyone who can confirm they've done this! :D
DialKnight

Post by DialKnight »

HiroWorship wrote:
604_degrees wrote:
I'll second that query, I'd be nice to have an answer before disassembling the button pcb, and risk marring the original cp overlay. If no one is left from this thread, then I guess we're gonna have to bite the bullet.
HiroWorship

Post by HiroWorship »

DialKnight wrote:I'll second that query, I'd be nice to have an answer before disassembling the button pcb, and risk marring the original cp overlay. If no one is left from this thread, then I guess we're gonna have to bite the bullet.
Agreed. Well, I'm biting the bullet.

I had assumed most information on this topic would be in English, but I guess I should have focused my Google search more in Japanese because I found some references to people doing this buried deep in some Japanese blog posts.
That gave me the final push I needed to take the plunge.

I've got both Sanwa and Seimitsu snap-in buttons (30mm and 24mm) arriving shortly and I will report back findings to this thread so that others who want to try this down the line will have the information for reference.
I'll update this thread once I've tried the buttons.
DialKnight

Post by DialKnight »

HiroWorship wrote:
DialKnight wrote:I'll second that query, I'd be nice to have an answer before disassembling the button pcb, and risk marring the original cp overlay. If no one is left from this thread, then I guess we're gonna have to bite the bullet.
Agreed. Well, I'm biting the bullet .
Try it yet? I will in the next week or so. Find any good links from the Japanese blogs?
brokenhalo

Post by brokenhalo »

Those tabs are tiny. If the buttons don't fit, you can get a small hand file and take them off easily. As mentioned previously, a dremel tool will allow you to remove all of them in less than a minute. Don't sweat it. You guys will be fine.
DialKnight

Post by DialKnight »

brokenhalo wrote:Those tabs are tiny. If the buttons don't fit, you can get a small hand file and take them off easily. As mentioned previously, a dremel tool will allow you to remove all of them in less than a minute. Don't sweat it. You guys will be fine.
Thanks for the vote of confidence, but you know laziness. Not much as I'm already going through the trouble to remove the button pcb. (How was that ever cheaper than wiring? Looking at you Wii Hori stick) installing quick disconnects to the main board. Keeping the dremel on standby.