ESPGaluda on a PAL PS2

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
~Kid Icarus~

ESPGaluda on a PAL PS2

Post by ~Kid Icarus~ »

I have just picked up a cheap (old style) PAL PS2 with Gradius V. I'm thinking while I have a PS2 why not get ESPGaluda too. Not knowing much about PS2's though I'm not sure if there is an action replay or region free disc I can use to play it? Think I'll also need to get an RGB cable so the picture displays in colour too?

Any tips/recomendations would be much appreciated! :D

Many thanks

Mike
Naiera

Post by Naiera »

First of all, you should get an RGB cable no matter what. Games should not be played without at least RGB!

There are no bootdiscs that do not require minor modifications.

There are slidecard/bootdisc combinations that require you to remove the front of the disc drawer, where you are then forced to perform the unsafe operation of forcing the drawer open every time you wish to boot an import game. There are also alternative shells, where you give your PS2 a fliptop drawer similar to a PSTwo.

The best solution by far is to get your machine modified with a chip. Just get the cheapest one that will allow you to boot imports. No need for the fancy ones that, paired with a harddrive, makes your PS2 think it's a modified Xbox.

You should also get dodonpachi DAI-OU-JOU while you're at it. And Donpachi and Dodonpachi for the PSX as well.
~Kid Icarus~

Post by ~Kid Icarus~ »

Damn, I forgot the PS2 doesn'tt let you open the CD tray without re-setting. Cool, I think I know where I can get it chipped.

Cheers for the quick reply, Naiera. :wink: