XRGB-mini Framemeister

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
RGB32E

Re: XRGB-mini FLAME MEISTER G2 (new scaler)

Post by RGB32E »

-SD- wrote:
RGB32E wrote:I seem to recall something in Japanese about the mini not working with the Neo Geo....? :shock:
I'm already unimpressed by the lack of scanlines. Incompatibility with the Neo Geo closes the door completely. Looks like I'll be sticking with this Lenkeng jobbie for the foreseeable future.
Scanlines smanrinds... 8) We don't know yet about 240p. If it wasn't supported, why'd they bother with the RGB input? Out of curiosity, why don't you have a XRGB-3? Using a SLG?
akumajo

Post by akumajo »

Hey guys, just wait for the release and first reviews. The most important feature is MicroSD > can add features :)
If you cant wait, just buy an XRGB-3 or Edge + SLG3000 combo.
BuckoA51

Post by BuckoA51 »

Wait for it to be launched? Na I think we should write it off based on speculation alone :mrgreen:
OSSC Forums - http://www.videogameperfection.com/forums
Please check the Wiki before posting about Morph, OSSC, XRGB Mini or XRGB3 - http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php/Main_Page
RGB32E

Post by RGB32E »

akumajo wrote:Hey guys, just wait for the release and first reviews. The most important feature is MicroSD > can add features :)
If you cant wait, just buy an XRGB-3 or Edge + SLG3000 combo.
MicroSD slot would be used for overlays? Add scanlines and/or pillar bar graphics? Or would it be even more in depth, like a SDK of sorts to change the functionality of the processing? Picture profiles (presets for options)? :D
BuckoA51 wrote:Wait for it to be launched? Na I think we should write it off based on speculation alone :mrgreen:
+1 :mrgreen:
akumajo

Post by akumajo »

have fun then :)
I won't say anything more :o
RGB32E

Post by RGB32E »

Bump. Any update on the release date for the Frame Meister?
L0YD

Post by L0YD »

There's something new on Micomsoft site,I don't understand a thing since I don't speak japanese,but seem they going to show it on CEATEC JAPAN exhibition.I still hope they add PAL support.
RGB32E

Micomsoft at CEATEC Japan 2011

Post by RGB32E »

Looks like Micomsoft will be showing the (final?) Frame Meister and a couple of other new products at CEATEC Japan next month (Oct 4 - 9)!!!

http://www.micomsoft.co.jp/ceatec2011.htm

In raw material supply zones Dempa booth Hall 5 (5D01)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Microcomputer software will be exhibited at CEATEC JAPAN 2011. ANTICIPATED corner of a newspaper radio booth, and commentary will be a dog and pony show before the release. When visiting Please carry your legs come out.

● Exhibitor content

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Scan Converter Up ■ "XRGB-mini FRAME MEISTER" Demonstration

The upcoming new release "XRGB-mini FRAME MEISTER" Demonstration of a demo. With a scaler IC unit and the latest AV amplifier, etc. are employed, such as the exhibition is expected to experience the difference between the products so far.

■ USB2.0 hardware encoding capture unit ■ Prototype

USB2.0 capture unit is equipped with H.264 hardware encoder. The composite signal terminals as well as components, and also supports video and S-type. To avoid significant delays due to hardware encode, has a composite output terminals through both HDMI ·, suitable for real-time capture and games.

Capture card compatible with Prototype ■ 1920 × 1080p 60fps ■ "SC-510N1" (tentative)

The sale "SC-500N1" model is the prototype of the top. "SC-500N1" while retaining the basic features of a product extending to 60fps to 1920 × 1080p.
Zapf

Post by Zapf »

I wish the case didnt look so cheap - the ribbed front makes it look like a cheap china vga scaler to be honest.
Hamburglar

Post by Hamburglar »

This wait is killing me. My DVDO Edge crapped itself and the new company that took them over is laughable (no customer service, literally you get a voice mail and no one calls you back). I can't play any of my classic consoles until this comes out. Come on Micomsoft!!
gatsu25

Post by gatsu25 »

I'm curious about that USB 2.0 capture unit. Do I need anything other than that to do live or recorded capture of me playing games? Say, I wanted to stream to Ustream or something like that? I have a laptop, so obviously I wouldn't be putting a capture card into my computer.

Since I'm in Japan, I'm going to try and make it out to CEATEC. I can't wait to see the final FrameMeister and see what it can do.
Pyongyang

Re: Micomsoft at CEATEC Japan 2011

Post by Pyongyang »

RGB32E wrote:ANTICIPATED corner of a newspaper radio booth, and commentary will be a dog and pony show before the release. When visiting Please carry your legs come out.
What the...? :shock:
--
Blog: Pink Bullets / YouTube: StuffiWrote / VGMdb: Pyongyang

Image Image
Zapf

Post by Zapf »

Any new info from CEATEC?
BuckoA51

Post by BuckoA51 »

Pyongyang wrote:RGB32E wrote:
ANTICIPATED corner of a newspaper radio booth, and commentary will be a dog and pony show before the release. When visiting Please carry your legs come out.

What the...? :shock:
something like this?

Please check the Wiki before posting about Morph, OSSC, XRGB Mini or XRGB3 - http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php/Main_Page
kidpanda

Post by kidpanda »

lol awesome pic ^
RGB32E

Post by RGB32E »

http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/backno/ceatec2011/

Perhaps this site will have some coverage of マイコンソフト's booth... None yet though.

@BuckoA51 - Ha! Yes, that's what google had to say about that!
alamone

Post by alamone »

nosuke wrote a blog post regarding the xrgb-mini at ceatec:
http://garakuta.homelinux.org/~nosuke/d ... =6&n=1#6-1

To summarize, about 1 frame faster than the XRGB-3, with specified delay of 1.28ms (source is MVS 15khz).
Zapf

Post by Zapf »

Did they list prices at ceatec (is it still 30000 yen)
alamone

Post by alamone »

Price is still undecided
BuckoA51

Post by BuckoA51 »

1 frame faster in B0 I take it that means?
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

17ms faster than the XRGB in B0 sounds nice. I don't understand though what they're aiming at with the 1.28ms shown on the other screenshot. That's too little for an overall delay.
Konsolkongen

Post by Konsolkongen »

YEAH definite MVS support it seems :D Awesome :)

EDIT: Does "INP_OUTV: LOCK" mean V-sync ON?
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

Seems like V-Sync, yes, but in all honesty, I can't imagine any HDMI input on any modern TV which would support a v-locked 59.1Hz refresh rate. It doesn't help if they used some fancy multi-sync monitors when the same thing doesn't work on TVs.
Konsolkongen

Post by Konsolkongen »

Perhaps it's doing some framerate conversion to 59.94 or 60Hz (whatever is right). But then V-sync wouldn't matter right?
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

Then the output simply isn't v-locked anymore ;)
Konsolkongen

Post by Konsolkongen »

Yes that was my thought too ;)
Tenchu2x

Post by Tenchu2x »

Wrote a small blogpost about the Mini with some pictures. Unfortunately, I lack the know-how to really dive deep into the subject, but maybe some of the info is interesting nonetheless: http://blog.solaris-japan.com/?p=549
Some of the info is inconsistent with what other people have posted so far, I m just relaying what Micomsoft told us at their booth.

Fudoh will get a unit asap and surely get all the facts and insights straight via his blog. :)
http://www.solarisjapan.com
Japanese Videogame Imports
gatsu25

Post by gatsu25 »

I went by the booth today and got a look at the device. I talked to the guy there a bit, and he told me a few things. He confirmed for me that there are no scan lines, but said they want to update the device to do it (I thought this was unconfirmed, but it seems like it is fairly known). He told me they plan on releasing it in December. I asked him about pricing, and he pointed to the XRGB-3 and said it would be about the same. He actually told me 37000 yen. Honestly, I was surprised he answered that question.

I'm anxiously awaiting impressions from Fudoh about it though! Also, I was asking earlier, but I really want to know more about that USB capture device, and I didn't get much time to ask him about it, so if anyone knows anything, share it.
Zapf

Post by Zapf »

I'm really hoping thats a mistake, I thought the initial plan was for it to be a cheaper solution compared to the more powerful xrgb3.
gatsu25

Post by gatsu25 »

I do too. It's definitely what the guy said, I hope he is mistaken for some reason as well. I'm only relaying what he told me though.