XRGB-mini Framemeister

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
alebove

Re: XRGB-mini Framemeister (now available !)

Post by alebove »

Ho guys,

What are the recommended settings to use the xrgb mini with a Saturn? Shall I just follow the 240p settings recommended on the wiki, or is there anything else?

Also, what's the best way to connect a PS2 to the mini? I have a component cable and the component to d-terminal adapter from Solaris Japan.
Is the component cable fine to deliver all type of content (240p, 480i, 480p), or shall I use scart RGB for 240p and 480i?

Thanks!
broken harbour

Post by broken harbour »

alebove wrote:Ho guys,

What are the recommended settings to use the xrgb mini with a Saturn? Shall I just follow the 240p settings recommended on the wiki, or is there anything else?

Also, what's the best way to connect a PS2 to the mini? I have a component cable and the component to d-terminal adapter from Solaris Japan.
Is the component cable fine to deliver all type of content (240p, 480i, 480p), or shall I use scart RGB for 240p and 480i?

Thanks!

240p seems to be fine with the same settings across all consoles. Tho you might have to tweak the 'sync level' setting.

I used to use scart for my PS2, but now use component so I can play the few titles that run 480p or 720p. You will notice some noise on dark-ish greys, at least I do. Not that big of a deal to me personally.
tacoguy64

Post by tacoguy64 »

I still have the problem where my game just darkens up a bit. I am still unsure what is causing it but i took some pictures with my camera phone.

TrendyNinja

Post by TrendyNinja »

Could you not have made those images a bit smaller or perhaps linked them?

Anyway, it looks as though you maybe using retro mode.
tacoguy64

Post by tacoguy64 »

Yes it is in meister mode but the game does tend to get darker at certain times. I was hoping i could catch it with my camera but i think it would be better if i recorded it instead.
Im not sure on how to make the pictures any smaller, I realized they were too big after i uploaded them.
nbart

Post by nbart »

New XRGB-mini user here. Just got the mini in the mail yesterday and have been using a Sega Saturn and PSOne with composite and S-video cables until my SCART cables arrive. I'm getting very noticeable rolling horizontal lines using both systems. The ones with the Saturn seem to get worse when the system starts to load a disc. I adjusted the brightness setting and that seems to help some but the lines are still there and visible.

Does anyone have any ideas what is going on?
BuckoA51

Post by BuckoA51 »

Meister mode is obsolete, check the Wiki.
OSSC Forums - http://www.videogameperfection.com/forums
Please check the Wiki before posting about Morph, OSSC, XRGB Mini or XRGB3 - http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php/Main_Page
scottmog

Post by scottmog »

nbart wrote:New XRGB-mini user here. Just got the mini in the mail yesterday and have been using a Sega Saturn and PSOne with composite and S-video cables until my SCART cables arrive. I'm getting very noticeable rolling horizontal lines using both systems. The ones with the Saturn seem to get worse when the system starts to load a disc. I adjusted the brightness setting and that seems to help some but the lines are still there and visible.

Does anyone have any ideas what is going on?
I had the same issue with my super famicom. I was using a chinese super famicom adapter. Once I bought a genuine adapter and for the hell of it a step down convertor the lines were gone.
Whitesnake

Post by Whitesnake »

I have a few questions for you guys, Do Micomsoft read this forum or is anyone on this forum in touch with them directly or talking to them on twitter and are they aware of the current crop of problems with the XRGB Mini?

http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php/XRGB ... f_1.07a.29

I get the impression a lot of people are purchasing the XRGB Mini and not realising it has some pretty bad issues, The slow switching between 240p/480i being one of them. Many games do this.

If someone is in contact with Micomsoft have they said whether or not they will be fixing these issues? I get the feeling that the development on the XRGB Mini firmware side might have stopped in favour of newer products.
Edward_Tz

Post by Edward_Tz »

Whitesnake wrote:The slow switching between 240p/480i being one of them. Many games do this.
It's been discussed a few times. It doesn't seem to be something a firmware update would fix.
blizzz

Post by blizzz »

Micomsoft is aware of the issues for a long time. The chances that they'll fix stuff are very low at this point.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

a new FW is coming and we should at least be able to look forward to a few bug fixes. Also profiles might finally be coming...
pdcool27

Post by pdcool27 »

I'm having an issue with my Sega genesis model 1 32x cd combo through composite on the xrgb mini.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLNOJ6R ... e=youtu.be
CkRtech

Post by CkRtech »

Fudoh wrote:a new FW is coming and we should at least be able to look forward to a few bug fixes. Also profiles might finally be coming...
:shock: :?: :arrow: :mrgreen:
blizzz

Post by blizzz »

That's awesome news, Fudoh!
TheShadowRunner

Post by TheShadowRunner »

Yes that's super good news Fudoh 8)
After enquiring about a potential RGB limited feature and receiving an answer litteraly instantly back in october, I was longing for an update on the matter.
austin532

Post by austin532 »

Fudoh wrote:Also profiles might finally be coming...
I doubt it but one can always dream. :lol: Plus where would they be assigned to? The color buttons are already in use for Zoom. They would have to disable them with the next update.
Framemeister 240p scanline settings: http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... start=9600
trumpet205

Post by trumpet205 »

Hi guys, I need to ask those that uses Sega Saturn with XRGB-Mini. Did you notice this weird line on top right corner when playing 480i FMV (example here is Grandia):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ekc2xph6ll4b8 ... 5.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wrnrsxkaqfgew ... 2.JPG?dl=0

It shows up on the FMV before the title screen.

I did some troubleshooting and eliminated AV cable and retail discs (perfectly fine on SSF). Other 480i source like PS1 and PS2 works fine but this weird line is bugging me. I'm not sure if it is because of wrong settings on XRGB-Mini or simply my Saturn is faulty (all other Saturn games that I have (all 240p) plays just fine).

Can anyone help me troubleshooting it? If anyone knows of any Saturn games that uses 480i please let me know.
McCracAttack

Post by McCracAttack »

Sorry, I know this isn't quite the right thread but I was hoping you folks could point me in the right direction. Does anyone know of english language resources for the Micomsoft XPC-4? I checked the XRGB Wiki but couldn't find any info. I'm mainly looking for menu and remote translations.

Thanks in advance.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

Just scroll down to my review at http://retrogaming.hazard-city.de/. There's a remote translation as well as link to the menu translation.
McCracAttack

Post by McCracAttack »

Fudoh wrote:Just scroll down to my review at http://retrogaming.hazard-city.de/. There's a remote translation as well as link to the menu translation.
Ah, found them both. Thank you very much.
RGB32E

Post by RGB32E »

McCracAttack wrote:
Fudoh wrote:Just scroll down to my review at http://retrogaming.hazard-city.de/. There's a remote translation as well as link to the menu translation.
Ah, found them both. Thank you very much.
There's also a thread about the XPC-4 on this forum - http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45945
Josh128

Post by Josh128 »

T'would be nice if they addressed the issues on your laundry list, especially getting 240p w/ even scanlines over a 768p res.

They do that and Im buying one immediately.
Shining

Post by Shining »

An option to force full RGB would be nice. Setting the Mini to output "RGB" results in a color mismatch and a limited range picture on my TV. As of now i have to use the "AUTO/YUV" setting on the Mini. I also would like to have them profiles.
Zero1

Post by Zero1 »

Hey guys.
Has anyone experienced something I can only describe as sync drift? Let me explain.

I use my XRGB for CPS2 capture only. I have a UD CPS2 connected to the XRGB via SCART. It is running firmware 1.11 and I am using a standard SCART to DIN adapter, not the one with the sync stripper circuit in it (can't because the SCART cable I use does not have the signal pins connected and so cannot power the sync stripper circuit. I can use another cable, but I'd prefer to use this one as it is the best quality).

The setup works perfectly ordinarily, but since I record tournaments with this setup, it can be running for 5 hours solid easy. I noticed just after about 2 hours that I started to get sync errors, where I'd get a little bit of glitching at the VS screen on Super SF2 Turbo, and it seemed to get a little worse as time went on.

I happened to take a break for about 5 minutes to go and get a drink and when I came back the recording had gone tits up. It was glitching really badly, but it wasn't a sync kind of glitch - it was some kind of video encoding error where frames were being repeated/shown out of order which looked like the sync had caused the capture card to lose sync and freak out. That said this happened while I was away and as I was editing the video, I noticed my friend walk behind to the stream setup (as we had player cams set up) and shortly after it screwed up, so it could have been something he did - knocked the HDMI cable loose or did something on the laptop which caused excess load. Of course he denied everything :roll:

So, has anyone experienced this kind of sync issue that isn't present to begin with but creeps in and gets progressively worse, and for those of you that capture, have sync issues ever caused your capture devices to mess up?

Are there any externally powered sync splitters on the market? I want something that will have minimal impact on quality, so something like the XRGB SCART to DIN cable with a DC power supply mod would probably do for me.

Thanks.
broken harbour

Post by broken harbour »

Both my PS1 and N64 on scart will be rock solid for hours and then will drop sync every 2 minutes for maybe... half an hour, and then go back to rock solid again. Sometimes resetting sync mode helps, sometimes doesn't.
TheShadowRunner

Post by TheShadowRunner »

Shining wrote:An option to force full RGB would be nice. Setting the Mini to output "RGB" results in a color mismatch and a limited range picture on my TV. As of now i have to use the "AUTO/YUV" setting on the Mini. I also would like to have them profiles.
Wait what..:?: :?:
The Mini already does send 'RGB full' whenever it's outputting RGB, regardless of the display (HDTV, PC monitor etc..).
Shifted

Post by Shifted »

Could someone explain or point to a site that explains the different modes like "Under", "Normal2", "LB", "LB2" "GAME_LB1" and "GAME_LB2" modes? I think I know what X1 and X2 do because of the Wiki but I am not really sure what the others do exactly. They appear to be different levels of Zoom. "Under" mode for instance. Is that actually showing 960 lines when the Framemeister is outputting 1080p which seems like it would be better to use for scaling 240p content?

Thanks.
Last edited by Shifted on Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alebove

Post by alebove »

Hi everyone,

I have a question in regards to PS1 classics on PS3 via component cable (rather than HDMI), what kind of resolution can these be output to?
As far as I know the PS3 can output in 480i/480p (and 576i/576p in PAL), but if you boot a PS1 classic (digital version, bought from PSN) does it look decent with the Xmini?

I've seen that there are various games on the Japanese PS Store that are really cheap compared to buying them on disc (617 Yen).

Cheers!
MartijnK

Post by MartijnK »

Good question! I was thinking about this too. I have a pal ps3, but with a US account for the ps1 classics and hope that it will be possible to play us/japanese ps1 games from disc or psn with the same quality as playing them on a original ntsc ps1.
I do remember somebody mentioning here that playing ps1 games from psn via the xrgb gives too much lag.