XRGB-mini Framemeister

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
128x.k

Re: XRGB-mini Framemeister

Post by 128x.k »

ryusensi wrote:Hi all, long time lurker, recently encountered an issue and posting here to see if anyone can help.

I just bought a second hand framemeister and have a big problem with it. Most games seem to run fine - which is great -, but Silent Hill 2 (PAL) doesn't.

In a large squared area of the screen (going from the top-right corner to a bit beyond the centre), the image is significantly blurrier than the rest of the screen (I wonder if it only crops up on this game because of the noise effect...).

In the picture below you should see the effect, with the image blurry on the right and fine on the left. (Sorry for low quality shot, I don't have a capture card).

It's as if a blur filter is being added, but only to like 40% of the screen. This happens in all image modes (even those that use lpf at a minimum).

Any idea what might be causing this? Could it be the framemeister lpf is broken? Is this expectable behaviour for it somehow?

I'm thinking of asking a refund :( So any help is welcome, thanks!

https://imgur.com/aPJlWDI
I am also having very similar problem but on ntsc silent hill 2! the whole right side of the screen is much more noisy with both component and rgb connections… I’ve seen a few people have this problem…your self and this deleted redit user https://www.reddit.com/r/retrogaming/co ... er_issues/

I am so confused as I have tried on 2 different ps2 with same results and with 2 different component cables and a rgb cable same result… if someone can help that would be amazing. I’m wondering do we all have faulty Xrgb minis? Or is this a firmware problem or…

Went through many different custom profiles and manual settings always similar results please any help is greatly appreciated :)
enigmaxtreme

Post by enigmaxtreme »

Hello there, long-time user here with a bizarre problem that's sprung up recently.

I have my HDMI consoles hooked up to a switch box that's been connected to HDMI1 on the FM, but all of a sudden my Sony and Microsoft HDMI systems stopped outputting sound, the Nintendo ones were working just fine though. But when I switched it over to the HDMI2 slot, audio on all the systems are working just fine
Phellan Wolf

Post by Phellan Wolf »

Hi guys it is being a very very long time since I haven’t post here in the forums but hey you know dutys are always a trouble for me :D
I am having some troubles with my mini and I don’t know what may it be.
Whn outputing the signal to the tv depending on the game and the system, I am having lot of interferences in the image. A lot of shakeness and interferences. As in example a star a game, and the image may show as it should be, but then all of a sudden the image start to shake, and the game becomes unplayable. I am using rgb input and hdmi out. Input cables are originals, so I don’t know if they might be the cause of it and I should upgrade them to some packapunch ones.
Thanks for helping, very much appreciated
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

My best guess would be a broken ground connection in your Scart to Mini-Din adapter.

Can you try a component source instead ?
Phellan Wolf

Post by Phellan Wolf »

Fudoh wrote:My best guess would be a broken ground connection in your Scart to Mini-Din adapter.

Can you try a component source instead ?
Don’t think so. That cable is rock solid. Told to be truth Saturn rgb was modified with a sound cable attached to the rgb head.
I also have dvi-composite cable tough my input cables are mostly scart
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

trying any other input in the FM would still help to pinpoint the problem - even it's only composite.