Oddball saturn stick??

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Aguilar

Oddball saturn stick??

Post by Aguilar »

Found this weird stick on ebay and ended up winning it for like 30 bucks. Its quite similar to the sega astro city saturn stick but in a few ways different. Instead of where it says sega astro it says fighting stick, and above where the stick is its called DC Game mate. After I won the auction I got kinda scared figuring it might be a DC stick but it does in fact have a saturn cable on it.

Model number is DSCV-9913
The stick in it isnt seimitsu either, though it is microswitch operated, its made by ASCII and is in dire need of some lube or has some crazy resistance or something. The way the micro switches seem to work is there are metal tabs covering the switches and its the tabs that are making it hard to engage, Diagonals are hell 0_0.
Also right where it says Fighting stick up under it, it says Emulate DC Joypad(dont really know what this means).

ok here are some pics. Sorry for the blurriness, camera sucks.

If anybody has any info, or can read japanese please search for something on this for me please.
Aguilar

Re: Oddball saturn stick??

Post by Aguilar »

Well had time to take the joystick apart tonight. I figured it needed some grease and it was bone dry. Had some silicone lube laying around from when I used to be into R/C so I put some of that on there and now its silky smooth. but now since my mind is off how bad it was to move the stick I just now realized that the microswitches are horribly loud and make an annoying ping sound when depressed. I diddnt really find out how the stick is mounted on there, doesnt look like its screwed in. Is there anyway I could fit a seimitsu in there?
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Looks like a Chinese knockoff of the Sega Virtua Stick.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
Aguilar

Post by Aguilar »

Yea thats the HSS 0136, I was originally and still am in the market for the virtua stick pro HSS 0130. I just bought this out of impulse because of the cheap price.

EDIt: And if you wanna get technical its a Taiwanese knockoff xD. Most of all the saturn peripherals are made in Taiwan anyway, Like I said the stick itself is made by ASCII
Aguilar

Post by Aguilar »

0_0 Well I was looking closely towards the top and noticed the sticker that says fighting stick was comming off so I took a pocket knife to get the sticker off and this stick is apparently a HSS-0136... Pics with all the stickers off.

gray117

Post by gray117 »

I can only imagine someone [/business] thought modding saturn stick to sell for a $ bump as a DC stick was a way to go for a quick buck at some stage - did the branding, and then left that idea... maybe when they realised it wasn't going to make sense...? funny find eitherways :)
Aguilar

Post by Aguilar »

Yea im going to take the buttons and joystick out next week probably, going to put full seimitsu in. Hopefully get http://www.gameongrafix.com/ to do the artwork. Found somone on srk to give me the art but I dont know what resolution to send in so itll be the proper fit. Heres the links.

http://img831.imageshack.us/i/hss0136vi ... withn.jpg/
and with the cutouts
http://img185.imageshack.us/i/hss0136virtuastick.jpg/
DialKnight

Post by DialKnight »

Necro bump. That dc adapter inside is shabbily assembled, if you have one I suggest ditching it for a total control 3. Twice the cord length.
Did Aguilar ever go full Semitsu?
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Not sure if he did, but I did. I have a template laying around too if anyone wants.

Pics here if you're curious

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6622&start=540
My lord, I have come for you.