Super cheapo portable PSone TATE

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
theevilfunkster

Super cheapo portable PSone TATE

Post by theevilfunkster »

Check out my latest find, a super cheap (£20 brand new) Logic3 PSone LCD screen. I figured that is was gonna be a load of cheap crap but to my surprise it's actually very good. The picture quality is fantastic, my only gripe is the sound's a bit tinny but hey, you can't have everything. And of course, it is very easily TATE'able!

Right, I'm off to play Strikers 1945 II and Gradius Gaiden in the car!! :D

Capt. Takehiko

Post by Capt. Takehiko »

My friend has a similar monitor for his PS2, I haven't really felt very attracted to the idea. I'm not sure why.
The Captain.
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Capt. Takehiko wrote:My friend has a similar monitor for his PS2, I haven't really felt very attracted to the idea. I'm not sure why.
Could it be the fact that you are playing on a 5 inch screen? :P
Capt. Takehiko

Post by Capt. Takehiko »

It very well could. :D
The Captain.
iatneH

Post by iatneH »

I have one of the old 4" screens by InterAct, which I paid $180 CAD for when it first released, and I've gotten countless hours of service from it. Unfortunately my PSOne has been lent to my sister for the last 3 or 4 years, but I bought a new power supply for it and I continued to use the screen until a few weeks ago.

At that £20 price though, it's almost worth it just to buy a couple of extra ones just to hack out the LCD screen for portablising consoles.