best PSX>XBOX adapter

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Neon

best PSX>XBOX adapter

Post by Neon »

I searched a few times before, since I was almost sure I had asked this before :oops:

Is there any definitive answer? I need one that can work with a digital-only stick (Hori RAP)
mannerbot

Post by mannerbot »

Search the shoryuken.com forums. 8)
SAM

Post by SAM »

The HORI Upscan Converter 2 might be a good choice. It can convert the component sigel of PS2 or Xbox to VGA. The unit costs me US$54, it seems to be a good deal as unit capable of converting component signal used to be quite costly.

The down side is it does not support progressive scan, which means you won't be able to get the best out of PS2 sns2.

There are also some minor issues for this unit.
1. It draw power form a USB bus, which means if you would needs a USB power source.
2. It contact to the PS2 / Xbox video/audio signal output port directly. Which means that you won't need a component cable. And this also means you cannot feed components signal form other source to the unit.
mannerbot

Post by mannerbot »

lol

wrong topic?
SAM

Post by SAM »

Oh, my silly cat. :oops:

You are talking about controller adaptor!!! :shock:

Ah, by the way, when SCII was first released, HORI have released an Acrade stick style controller for XBox. I think that would definately be better than using an adoptor.
mannerbot

Post by mannerbot »

Yeah, there's a Hori stick for the XBox. However, it's not quite up to the quality of the stick Neon already has (the Hori Real Arcade Pro).
Neon

Post by Neon »

gawdammit, I've been sifting through that shoryuken thread for like half an hour and still no definitive answer

might have to register there so I can search :mrgreen:

but that takes effort :'(
system11

Post by system11 »

I've used the "Magic Box" as supplied by lik-sang. It has a tiny amount of lag, the big killer for me was PS2 analogue pads don't work nicely on Xboxes - too sensitive, plus there's no slot for the headset.
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org