Will Border Down ever be emulated?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Dark Saibot wrote:One day you people will wake up and realize that video gaming is such a ripoff and waste of peoples money.
An instant classic! :D

Post by Guest »

Laugh all you want. The real funny part is that deep down you know every last word I said is true.

Is paying that $80-$100 for that feeling of purity and innocence really worth it. Really, that's all you're paying for, unless you think the CD case and cover art is worth $100. I got the same exact thing with the link that black mariah sent me, and I certainly don't feel like any less of a person, but oh, I have $100 to spend on something else, and you don't...but look at the bright side, since you spent the $100 for the same thing that I got for free, that means you are better than me, so now you can sleep at night feeling good about yourself and knowing you are worth more than that Saibot guy on the website on the internet, and you impressed the hell out of your buddies on yahoo instant messenger with all of your Iceland jokes. You really made it in this world. Yawn. This place bores me, I think maybe I'll go to sleep right now.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

I am 50/50 on this. Very few copies exist compared to a GTA game, he cannot afford the prices on ebay. He wants to emulate it, but cannot.. he is screwed.

However.

The trouble with your argument is that you cannot be a half pirate, half law abiding citizen. People pay these prices because A) The likelyhood of the game going down in price is remote and more importantly B) It stops them from being a pirate.

We all value different things in life. Some people spend thousands on clothes, I don't. Some spend thousands on after market car parts, I don't. Some women, some gamble.. I don't.

But I wouldn't go up to them and say "haha, you stupid bastard, you spent all this money and I saved x amount of $$$$ and got it for free". Because I would likely get the shit kicked out of me.. And thats what is happening to you because your airing your unwanted opinion on a board consisting of mostly passionate players who like to support the industry.

Your devotion to "FREENESS" will just cost us more.. But what goes around comes around my friend.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
Valgar

Post by Valgar »

Dark Saibot, please instruct me on how to not waste money.
Bar81

Post by Bar81 »

Dark Saibot wrote:This place bores me, I think maybe I'll go to sleep right now.
I've got a better idea, how about you don't come back.
zaphod

Post by zaphod »

Some actually useful information.
MAME will NEVER run Border down, orany other Naomi game at a plaable speed. 3d doen in software=teh suck. (laugh)

HOwever, there is this emulator called Chankast, which is looking promising. someday IT may emulate BOrder down. but not today. Just buy a DC, ok? (laugh)

Post by Guest »

I am 50/50 on this. Very few copies exist compared to a GTA game, he cannot afford the prices on ebay. He wants to emulate it, but cannot.. he is screwed.
Nah, I downloaded the ISO from the link black mariah sent me, burned it to a CDR, and am currently enjoying the game happily on my Dreamcast. And oh, I have a few Dreamcasts, one black one.

I did download chankast, though I haven't messed with it yet. Supposedly you should have at least a 2.0 ghz pentium to even try it, however I have a 1.6 ghz CPU so I probably shouldn't even bother yet. There's not really much call for a Dreamcast emulator yet, since now they're so cheap, and of course all the games can be downloaded.

I wasn't looking to get into a big long drawn out argument, but of course when you have seven people calling you an idiot, moron, etc, I felt I should at least clarify my opinion for those who did not understand it.
I've got a better idea, how about you don't come back.
Well gee, not like it would affect my life much, since I only visit this place once or twice a week, if even that, only to be greeted by rampant insults from the yahoo instant messenger coalition.

These discussions on who considers emulation to be kosher and who doesn't are really pointless, I'm going to do what I want to do, I could give a fuck if it affects some peoples' opinion about me on some website on the internet, I don't live to impress you. Modding game systems to play imports is no more or less legal than emulation. Game companies like Sony condemn playing japanese and european games on american systems, in the same vein that they condemn emulation. Now, how many of you people mod game systems to play imports, it's a regular discussion topic around here...but, since Sony considers it illegal, you all should have your wrists slapped since you are OMG 1337 IMPORT PIRATES U PPL ARE STOOPID N FRUM ICELAND LOOOOOOL.
Dewclaw

Post by Dewclaw »

Yeah yeah yeah. Shit, you sure are wordy for someone who cares so little about the whole situation. Everyone gets it, you have a life and don't need to impress the internet people, so quit talking about it.
Dynamite Force

Post by Dynamite Force »

Guess nobody told him he's not forced to spend a lot of money on video games, but at least it brings in a few laughs.
I have always wanted a thing called tuna sashimi.
Diabollokus

Post by Diabollokus »

I'm surprised no ones quoted mike haggar and said ''Do you wear a pirate suit while playing your games''

In all serious though, Since you now have border down dark saibot what do you think of the game itself?
Vidi Vici Veni

Post by Guest »

Hmmm...well, Border Down is a cool game, it's a bit on the eye candy side, though the laser dueling is completely awesome, it's like Metal Black on steroids. Did I mention this game is hard as hell? What makes it REALLY tough is that you're forced to play the harder path of the level when you die, thus making it even MORE difficult to bounce back. G-Rev definitely wanted to give people a challenge with this game. I also tried Ikaruga...weird game, though innovative. Maybe I'll try Radiant Silvergun next. O_o
Zach Keene

Post by Zach Keene »

I'm giving this thread a long overdue lock since it's been thoroughly derailed. If anyone wishes to continue discussing Border Down itself, please do so in Shmups Chat.