Now this is a GameCube Controller!!!

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
VNAF Ace

Now this is a GameCube Controller!!!

Post by VNAF Ace »

Check out the Hori Digital Controller.

Image Image Image

http://gear.ign.com/articles/496/496707p1.html
IndyCar Series. One series. All the stars.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Yes, they've been around for quite a while.

A bit too small for my hands though.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
PlasmaDancer

Post by PlasmaDancer »

I bought one many moons ago, and the size was fine for me. Then again, I'm one of those people who needed to take a taxi to reach some of the buttons on the original Xbox pad.

Of course, if you're considering a GB Player it's nigh-on essential, but I got mine before that, for Ikaruga/Viewtiful Joe etc, and very nice it is too. Oh, maybe one slight downside was that it felt a bit less weighty than the original SNES pad, unless my memory is being creative again..
'It's all in your imagination...if you put your mind to it, you can be capable of anything.'
magnum opus

Post by magnum opus »

i'd kill for a controller with a standard diamond configuration.
Kiel

Post by Kiel »

magnum opus wrote:i'd kill for a controller with a standard diamond configuration.
I was thinking the exact same thing. I was kinda hoping that the thread was talking about a new one set up like that. :(
Andi

Post by Andi »

magnum opus wrote:i'd kill for a controller with a standard diamond configuration.
Yeah, I've been playing Midway Arcade Treasures on a friend's GC using a standard controller. Using the c-stick for firing control in Smash TV doesn't quit feel precise enough, but the button layout is so wacky that it is a feat to fire diagonally to the upper left. ARGH!
crithit5000

Post by crithit5000 »

Kind off this topic, but has anyone else picked up any of Nubytech's PS2 Street Fighter controllers? I picked up the Chun-Li one last month, and I love it. Been playing Gradius V and some assorted fighters with it...

Anyways, has anyone tried those PS2 to GC controller convertors? And if so, are they any good? Because I want to play Ikaruga with this damn thing bad...
now tighter than your sister
TWITCHDOCTOR

Post by TWITCHDOCTOR »

crithit5000 wrote:Kind off this topic, but has anyone else picked up any of Nubytech's PS2 Street Fighter controllers? I picked up the Chun-Li one last month, and I love it. Been playing Gradius V and some assorted fighters with it...

Anyways, has anyone tried those PS2 to GC controller convertors? And if so, are they any good? Because I want to play Ikaruga with this damn thing bad...
What does the d-pad feel like on these?
Are they smooth and silky like the Sega Saturn(Japanese style) or poppy and clunky like most other 3rd party d-pads?
crithit5000

Post by crithit5000 »

It's as smooth as butter, Twitch. I highly recommend getting one, it's the best D-Pad since the Saturn.
now tighter than your sister
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

crithit5000 wrote: Anyways, has anyone tried those PS2 to GC controller convertors? And if so, are they any good? Because I want to play Ikaruga with this damn thing bad...
I have one, got it from Lik-Sang I think. It works good and without lag, I've been using a PS1 Dual Shock pad to play Ikaruga and even F-Zero GX. :D

But damn, that is one sexy controller. And not just because of the Chun-Li crotch-shot.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
Thunder Force
Location: research and development facility for Vasteel Technology.

Post by Thunder Force »

Moved to H/W
VNAF Ace

Post by VNAF Ace »

I just got my Hori Digital Controller on Monday.

I've spent most of my time playing The Legend of Zelda (the old NES one) on the The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition.

It's also great for Ikaruga, Mega Man, Gradius Galaxies, and the 2D Metroids! :D
IndyCar Series. One series. All the stars.