MAME settings for TATE

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
spl

MAME settings for TATE

Post by spl »

Hey guys,

This is one of my first posts here - I tried to search but came up with many replies but nothing what I needed exactly.

Basically I have a 19" Dell 1907FP LCD monitor and it is able to tilt/swivel vertically and I want to play MAME in TATE format with the correct aspect ratio. The monitor specs list as 5:4 ratio.

I want to play MAME in TATE mode and I have some issues with games like DonPachi where it seems to fill the screen but I can't see the very top for example where the high score it only shows the very bottom of it so I'm missing the very top of the numbers etc.

Any recommendations on how to run it with the correct aspect ratio or should I get a diff monitor?
lewisit

Re: MAME settings for TATE

Post by lewisit »

these are the settings that work fine for me on different LCD-monitors (not 100% correct aspect ratio i guess - but always fullscreen & beautiful)

Options ---> Default Game Options

--> Display: Throttle

--> Screen

-> Aspect Rato: Automatic

-> Resolution: Auto

-> View: Auto

and don't forget to hit the Auto[adjustment]-Button on your monitor afterwards ;)
spl

Re: MAME settings for TATE

Post by spl »

Those are basically the options I have been using and they are fine for most games. It only seems to be Cave games like DP/DDP, ESP.Ra.De, etc. They fill the whole screen and then some! All the Psikyo games like Gunbird and Strikers are 100% perfect.

:(