Dead modded Xbox help please?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Marc

Dead modded Xbox help please?

Post by Marc »

Got my box chipped. It's the excecuter, can't remember which version. There are three switches on the back of the machine, one turns the chip on/off, one is flash on/off and one is bank 1/2. Not a clue what these do. Problem I have now is that when I try and disable the chip, the Xbox boots straight to an error screen telling me it needs a service. Works fine with the chip enabled, cept it won't let me into the original dash, just hangs. Any ideas anyone, cos I know jack shit about this sort of thing?
Thanks in advance,

Marc.
ST Dragon
Banned User

Post by ST Dragon »

Did it used to work & then it stopped or that specific function (turning off the chip) never worked from the start?
Didn't you try it 1st at the shop that modded it for you, before leaving?

I'm not sure how this specific chip with the switches is supposed to work, but you could open it up & check the connections on the wires of the chip with a multimeter for any short circuits.
But your best bet would be to take it back to the shop & let them explain how it’s suppose to work, or have them reinstall it for you.
Zach Keene

Post by Zach Keene »

Moved to Hardware.
Marc

Post by Marc »

Used to work perfectly with the chip turned on or off, dunno know what's happened (girlfriends daughter I suspect), but all of a sudden it refuses to budge with the chip deactivated.