Problems with Dodonpachi on PSOne

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
aricoboyo

Problems with Dodonpachi on PSOne

Post by aricoboyo »

I've been using the PS-X-Change 2 boot disc with my American PSOne for a while now without any problems. I just picked up Dodonpachi and the game boots fine, I can access the option menu without a problem, but when it goes to load the level, it just freezes. The disc is clean with only minor blemishes. Anybody know of problems with this game on a similar setup?
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

PS-X-Change 2 has problems with games that use redbook audio and Dodonpachi is one of them.
aricoboyo

Post by aricoboyo »

Thanks for the response! I figured it was a boot disc problem. Is there another boot that will allow me to play it?
SheSaidDutch

Post by SheSaidDutch »

aricoboyo wrote:Thanks for the response! I figured it was a boot disc problem. Is there another boot that will allow me to play it?
I dont know much about boot discs but try GoldFinger.
My Trying Not To
SAM

Post by SAM »

DoDonPachi work fine on my Asian PS2. :P I don't even need to moded the console or use a boot disc. :?
matt

Post by matt »

SheSaidDutch wrote:I dont know much about boot discs but try GoldFinger.
That won't work either. Any method that unvolves disk swapping will make the system think that the audio tracks aren't in the right place, which screws things up.

The only solution is to use either a mod chip or a Japanese system. Both should be cheap and easy to get nowadays.