shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:09 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post subject: Help with Monitor.
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:50 pm 

Hi, last week or so I found a CPD-200ES Sony Monitor, The VGA crod was cut but I thought I might be able to make it accept a component vidoe signal. So today i tried and while I got the signal on it the way i hooked it up was apparently not enough to carry the bandwith of a 480p signal.

The montior output is like this: (- = grnd)

Code:
----->
=====>RED

----->
=====>GREEN

----->
=====>BLUE

What type of plug do I need to make each of those into something I can plug these Component Cables into?

I want something like this:

but I want to solder the R/G/B siganls into one one of each.

also the monitor doesn;t work with a 480i signal so maybe this is impossible? I don;t think it is since the God of War demo played but was about 90% green signal.

Thanks a ton.

edit: I way I have it hooked now is the RGB signals are attached to regular RCA cables (cut on one end) which are conected to my switcher (regular witcher, I figured it would work with 3 video signals also), which the PS2 is connected to with Component cables with the game set to progressive scan (which was hard to do since it kept reverting back unless I switched cables in time :) )

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 7:15 am 

PrYPb is different from RGB. Component is kind of a compressed version of RGB with fewer connector leads. You need a transcoder, or possibly a PS2 mod, to get RGB into that monitor.

There are RGB-only monitors with 5 two-pole connectors, but not 3. They use locking BNC connectors rather than RCA.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 4:42 pm 

Actually, there are RGB monitors that use only 3 BNC connectors, I own one that I picked up for free. Unfortunately, they are a pain in the ass to use because they are fixed sync (generally at some weird resolution/refresh rate), and you usually need a special video card to drive them.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:39 pm 

Yep. I remember having seen grayscale monitors with only one BNC connector, too! Wonder if one of those could be used as a fixed-frequency oscilloscope for locating ground loops.

Offline Profile