Super Famicom & Famicom Jr.- hardware differences?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Turrican

Super Famicom & Famicom Jr.- hardware differences?

Post by Turrican »

Hi,

I just bought a lovely Sfam Jr. I was so happy with it, until I discovered that the same rgb scart that works no prob with my Super Famicom doesn't work with Jr. I only hear the audio. :cry:

It must be said that I use an european nintendo ac adapter. NES-002ED. I use this with Super Famicom, PAL Snes and Famicom AV and so far I never had a problem. Could this be the problem?

Damn, I thought Sfam Jr was identical to its big brother...
X - P - B
parodius

Post by parodius »

My sales thread : 2020/07/20..MASTER.VER.
Turrican

Post by Turrican »

Nintendo, I officially hate you now. :evil: :evil: :evil:
X - P - B
OmegaFlareX

Post by OmegaFlareX »

Yeah, that's a real one-two punch. First the NES, now this. I feel for you, man.
Turrican

Post by Turrican »

OmegaFlareX wrote:Yeah, that's a real one-two punch. First the NES, now this. I feel for you, man.
Thanks! Is good to have your sympathy.

But don't worry, I took the Jr. to my local store, explained the whole matter. I had to fight a bit, but eventually, with just 4euro added, I exchanged that with a...

...Nintendo DS (usa)! :shock:

It's the first time in my life I'm an early adopter, and it happened just by accident. I guess this way to acquire it somewhat fits this unique system.

The Jr looked sweet, but 1) no way I'm going to mod a thing to raise it to the standard level it should already have been; 2) I still have my beloved big Super Famicom. I'll survive this.
X - P - B