Sega Saturn boot problem?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Dylan1CC

Sega Saturn boot problem?

Post by Dylan1CC »

OK, I recently replaced the CR2032 in my modded saturn since the last time I swapped it out was way back in September, so I figure better safe than sorry, don't wanna lose my Batsugun and Garegga scores. One thing though, the system keeps asking me to confirm the clock time and date ever 2-3 times I turn the system on (after I hit ok it goes tot he game with no issue). Is that something to be worried about? And is it in any way related to the battery or is it just the sysem occasionally thinking there is no disc in it since it's modded?
mannerbot

Post by mannerbot »

It shouldn't be doing that after you replace the battery.
dpful

Post by dpful »

mine seems to do that when I use the cart that makes the japanese games play sometimes. -seems to not do it every time.
Zach Keene

Post by Zach Keene »

Mine's been doing that a lot lately as well. Just replaced the battery this past January after it had gone totally dead. :?
Dylan1CC

Post by Dylan1CC »

Sorry for the late reply guys, and nope, not using any kind of save/ram cart.
Zach Keene wrote:Mine's been doing that a lot lately as well. Just replaced the battery this past January after it had gone totally dead. :?
Glad to see I'm not the only one. Maybe what we're experiencing is just a fluke.
Zach Keene

Post by Zach Keene »

I think mine was just a dud battery, since it up and died outright yesterday. I changed the battery again and so far so good...