shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:05 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 608 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
 Post subject: Re: The Supergun discussion and Q&A thread.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:40 am 

Hi !

Our wonderful german customs denied the import of the new Sigma AV1 supergun i bought from tops-game :(

CE sign missing, no german manual, no german current connector etc. this sucked big time.

Anyway, bought an older model the AV5000 from a fellow member from otaku.

1.) I wonder if it is possible to easily change the PSU on this beast, since i dont want to use a step-down converter (ordered 300W model; down to 110V)
2.) Wont 110V-115V damage the SG in the long run since its labeled to be used with japanese 100V ?
3.) I hunted the right Stick for it (TB8000), since i dont like the cheap neo-geo sticks. Unfortunately with no cables, will any D15 <=> D15 cable fit ?
4.) Can i use this cable for example? https://www.amazon.de/SVGA-Kabel-Premiu ... s9dHJ1ZQ==

BR

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:16 pm 

I don't know anything about your SG, however I will say eBay usually has really nice Neo Geo extension cables from China for about $5-9 for two, and they are of good quality and also deep enough to work on an actual NG, something that won't work with the cables you're looking at on Amazon.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:51 pm 

What is the best budget friendly, readily available option for a supergun that won't fry my OSSC if directly hooked up?

I see these available for a pretty reasonable price, how are these? Can I directly hook it up to a OSSC?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:17 pm 

cave hermit wrote:
What is the best budget friendly, readily available option for a supergun that won't fry my OSSC if directly hooked up?

I see these available for a pretty reasonable price, how are these? Can I directly hook it up to a OSSC?

I bought a retroelektronic supergun recently. NOT a great product. Tons of noise in the video. The controller port pinout doesn't match up with UD and other common pinouts. I modded one connetor to work with my UD-USB (a bit of a pain, including cutting traces). I also bought some of the retroelektronic Genesis-to-NeoGeo adapters, which you would think should work great with the supergun. Well, the kicks and punches are reversed - if you intend to use it for 6-button play, the kicks will be on the top row of buttons and punches will be on the bottom row. I modded one of the adapters to correct the situation, and that was a giant pain in the ass.

At the same time I was doing that, I gambled on a Aliexpress supergun. It took about 6 weeks to get it, but this thing is great!
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3296707 ... 4c4dfQmmIT

The controller pinout matches up with UD standard. Video and audio work great. Powering it is a slight challenge - you can't simply use a PICO ATX PSU, as you can see. But, I bought this converter: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NB ... UTF8&psc=1 I use my PICO ATX PSU with this, with a 4-pin molex connector wired appropriately, and it all works great! Using it with my OSSC as well, and getting pixel perfection.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:03 pm 

cave hermit wrote:

Every SG available at https://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/ seems to be a good choice (won't fry your system or PCBs).

However, I only have personal experience with the HAS, which is what I recommend.

Getting one is hard though especially this year, so if you can wait for it, do so, if not, any of the ones discussed/sold there are solid choices.

Here is one I'm picking up after they add a few more minor features I'm looking for as a 2nd SG for myself.

https://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/ ... /&pageNo=1

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:50 pm 

I have the Parsec Supergun at v2.2 now.
I'm currently taking preorders on arcade-projects.com. I also have the bare PCB available on tindie.com.

It now uses the same 6p JST kick harness connector and pinout as the HAS, Sentinel, Minigun, etc.

I'm still building these by hand so it's hard to meet demand at the moment.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:40 pm 

Am I wasting my time trying to get a Parsec supergun? I'm on an email list but every time I get an email they're already sold out again. You'd think the things cured cancer with how quickly they sell.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:28 pm 

I am accepting Parsec preorders on arcade-projects.com

I will have more superguns available late September.

Sorry I sell out quickly when I list them on tindie.com because I usually don't have many available at once. This most recent "restock" I only had 3 Parsecs avalable after shipping the preorders out.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 608 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21