shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:48 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1050 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
 Post subject: Re: Guide to owning a Japanese 360
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:02 pm 

Cuilan wrote:
Whenever you boot up a game that has a patch available, the system disconnects you from Live while the patch is being downloaded, and then reconnects you automatically once the patch has been downloaded and applied. A progress bar should be visible as the patch downloads. Most patches are indeed stored in the cache, though some of the larger patches do appear (and function) as game content files.

Ah, thank you. Based on this, it sounds like I may have correctly downloaded the patches. I did see a progress bar moving its way toward completion. During the Eschatos download it reset my system after downloading, and during the Dodonpachi Resurrection ver 1.5 download it did not.

As a correction to my earlier post, the version of Dodonpachi Resurrection ver 1.5 is listed on the title screen as "version 1.21." The "version" listed on the title screen of Espgaluda II is 1.03. Is there a comprehensive listing of various shmup "versions" after title updates/patches? Or a listing of all title updates/patches released for various shmups in the Xbox 360 era? It would be helpful to know what changes the updates have made to the gameplay.

Thanks again for your time, and I'm sorry once again if this info has already been posted elsewhere.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:55 pm 

Makoto_Nanaya wrote:
Ah, thank you. Based on this, it sounds like I may have correctly downloaded the patches. I did see a progress bar moving its way toward completion. During the Eschatos download it reset my system after downloading, and during the Dodonpachi Resurrection ver 1.5 download it did not.

This depends on the patch. Sometimes, the system resets, other times it doesn't. Maybe it's a throwback to the glory that was Windows 95 with its constant restarts. :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:29 pm 

Not sure if this has been covered....

I own a PAL 360 and use the wifi adapter to access my wifi in the house, for downloads and Live access.
If I buy a Japanese console, does it need to have its own wifi adapter or can I swap my current one back and forth between consoles depending on which one I'm using and which account I'm playing on?

Ta.

Ant

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:31 pm 

Spyke wrote:
Not sure if this has been covered....

I own a PAL 360 and use the wifi adapter to access my wifi in the house, for downloads and Live access.
If I buy a Japanese console, does it need to have its own wifi adapter or can I swap my current one back and forth between consoles depending on which one I'm using and which account I'm playing on?

Ta.

Ant

You can use any hardware as it's not region locked.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:51 pm 

The later hardware revisions of the Xbox 360 have wifi built in, so you won't need the adapter anymore.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:40 pm 

The model I'm getting is a 2008 model... It "looks" like my PAL Jasper mobo model which uses the plug-in adapter so I'm assuming it would need one the same. Built-in would be so handy!

Ant

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:57 pm 

This is a great guide and really useful. Bought a 4GB Jp 360 last year based on the info within this guide and not looked back! A lot of PAL games will work on the system too, but unfortunately not the Rising Star EU Cave releases :(

I'd highly recommend getting a Jpn 360 to any one considering it!

www.peanutbutterjammatime.com

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:39 am 

I just ordered a JP Xbox 360 slim.

Will a US hard drive work with it? I'm pretty sure it will, because I have an older JP Xbox 360 that I use a US hard drive with.

Just making sure.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:06 pm 

evil_ash_xero wrote:
I just ordered a JP Xbox 360 slim.

Will a US hard drive work with it? I'm pretty sure it will, because I have an older JP Xbox 360 that I use a US hard drive with.

Just making sure.

Hell yes it will. I did this because I'm a cheap bastard too.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:28 pm 

That's the kind of response I wanted!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:46 pm 

evil_ash_xero wrote:
That's the kind of response I wanted!

Those hard disks are made of unicorn horn. I bought one on sale for like 65 dollars when they were a hundred bucks and slid it into my J360 and haven't been happier with that console.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:14 pm 

Thanks to Elixir for creating this thread. It has been very useful, and I picked up a Japanese slim 4GB model recently. :D

I think the game list in the first post could use some updates though. DoDonPachi DaiFukkatsu Double Pack Ver 1.5 & Black Label could be added. Bullet Soul Infinite Burst could be added too, although it doesn't come out until next month. It could also be useful to denote which games were also released in North America or Europe.

Those are just things I found while researching that list. Anyone else have some good recommendations that aren't listed?

Ultimate Shmup Stick! JLF mod: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41451

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:15 am 

http://www.play-asia.com/xbox-360-conso ... -71bl.html

http://www.play-asia.com/xbox-360-conso ... -71bf.html

Any meaningful differences I am missing between these besides the price? Also any reason not to get an Xbox 360 E? I know Nintendo stripped out basically everything with that last Wii release. Did not notice Microsoft pulling anything out, but did not want to assume.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:29 am 

BlackCoati wrote:
http://www.play-asia.com/xbox-360-console-250gb-value-pack-paOS-13-49-en-70-71bl.html

http://www.play-asia.com/xbox-360-conso ... -71bf.html

Any meaningful differences I am missing between these besides the price? Also any reason not to get an Xbox 360 E? I know Nintendo stripped out basically everything with that last Wii release. Did not notice Microsoft pulling anything out, but did not want to assume.

For whatever reason, the cheaper one includes two games.

This one is even cheaper, but doesn't include those two games or a HDD, and it would also require a step-down converter (or a NA/JP PSU) depending on where you live. But it plays all JP 360 games:

http://www.play-asia.com/xbox-360-arcad ... -41pe.html

As for the 360 E, it's missing optical audio out and does not support the 360 AV multi-cable (VGA, component, s-video, SCART). It only has composite+stereo and HDMI. If those things are important to you, get a 360 S instead.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:43 am 

Tarma wrote:
This is a great guide and really useful. Bought a 4GB Jp 360 last year based on the info within this guide and not looked back! A lot of PAL games will work on the system too, but unfortunately not the Rising Star EU Cave releases :(

I'd highly recommend getting a Jpn 360 to any one considering it!

Can you share more of your experiences buying a Japanese Xbox? I'm considering it now over a US version, but the current prices on eBay are disappointingly high.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 1:48 am 

I'm looking for the install sizes of Caladrius, Shooting Love 10th Anniversary, Ginga Force & Eschatos Wonder Pack and Game Center Love, if anyone can help with these. You will be credited, of course.

Edit: vvvv Thanks, I've added them in. Still looking for the other games though.

Last edited by Elixir on Sun May 25, 2014 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 5:22 pm 

Elixir wrote:
I'm looking for the install sizes of Caladrius, Shooting Love 10th Anniversary, Ginga Force & Eschatos Wonder Pack and Game Center Love, if anyone can help with these. You will be credited, of course.

As reported by the X360 system menu, 802MB install size for Caladrius and 201MB install size for シューティングラブ。 10周年

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:01 pm 

Just wanted to thank you, Elixir and all the collaborators for making this thread!
:D

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:23 am 

So my Xbox Disconnected from Xbox Live during a perfectly decent run. Not the first time :|
Is it something to do with peak usage hours?
Is there any way I can avoid the disconnection problem?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:22 pm 

DEL wrote:
So my Xbox Disconnected from Xbox Live during a perfectly decent run. Not the first time :|
Is it something to do with peak usage hours?
Is there any way I can avoid the disconnection problem?

Not really much you can do but get a more stable internet connection.

This is basically the reason I stopped doing Otomedius X runs. That game takes ages.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:18 pm 

Apologies if the answer to my question is on one of the previous 32 pages.

I've got a PAL Xbox 360 and a UK Gold Xbox Live account. I have recently purchased an old NTSC-J Xbox 360, I can log in to my Xbox Live account on this console and play my Jap region locked games and the achievements get added to my Gamer profile.

My question is, I've been playing Deathsmiles on the NTSC-J and wanted to purchase the DL content. How can I do this? When I go to the Marketplace I just see the PAL releases.

Hope the above makes sense. :?:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:18 pm 

ozzie_owl wrote:
My question is, I've been playing Deathsmiles on the NTSC-J and wanted to purchase the DL content. How can I do this? When I go to the Marketplace I just see the PAL releases.

You'd need to create a JP XBL account and use JP XBL credit to buy the DLC from the JP marketplace.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:24 pm 

Cuilan wrote:
ozzie_owl wrote:

You'd need to create a JP XBL account and use JP XBL credit to buy the DLC from the JP marketplace.

I did think that would be the case. That would be an whole new account so the achievements I get wouldn't add to my existing account. :(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:37 pm 

ozzie_owl wrote:
I did think that would be the case. That would be an whole new account so the achievements I get wouldn't add to my existing account. :(

Once you buy the DLC, all other accounts on that 360 can also use it. So you can switch back to your regular account and continue playing the game with DLC enabled, allowing you to earn achievements.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:06 pm 

Cuilan wrote:
ozzie_owl wrote:

Once you buy the DLC, all other accounts on that 360 can also use it. So you can switch back to your regular account and continue playing the game with DLC enabled, allowing you to earn achievements.

Cool, never thought of that, cheers. 8)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:46 pm 

dieKatze88 wrote:
Quote:

This is basically the reason I stopped doing Otomedius X runs. That game takes ages.

Aah so its down to my wireless XBox360 modem and not peak usage hours disconnecting me?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:23 pm 

DEL wrote:
dieKatze88 wrote:
Quote:

Aah so its down to my wireless XBox360 modem and not peak usage hours disconnecting me?

Thats the smart money.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:04 am 

OK haven't been here for a while... I'm guessing ntsj x360 is -the- shmupping console to own?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:24 pm 

themachinist wrote:
OK haven't been here for a while... I'm guessing ntsj x360 is -the- shmupping console to own?

For now it is, as for the future, people are having some high expectations of the xbone.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:08 pm 

d3vak wrote:
themachinist wrote:

For now it is, as for the future, people are having some high expectations of the xbone.

It'll be nice when we start seeing things.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1050 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next