NTSC-J Xbox 360 owner's manual

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Elixir

Re: Guide to owning a Japanese 360

Post by Elixir »

Doesn't work. I had the card added and it was returning "Can't authorize payment option", after removing and trying to enter the card as a payment option, it says "Please enter a valid credit card".
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Weird and sad. :(
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
dieKatze88

Post by dieKatze88 »

Elixir wrote:Doesn't work. I had the card added and it was returning "Can't authorize payment option", after removing and trying to enter the card as a payment option, it says "Please enter a valid credit card".
Call Microsoft and have them insert the card.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Anyone know what the C101ABB9 error is on Zune Marketplace, and what to do to fix it?
SpookyCheese

Post by SpookyCheese »

I have a question regarding Japanese marketplace DLC working with a US Gamertag.

I live in the US and use a US Gamertag as my main tag (Gold Account). I use a Japanese (Silver Account) Gamertag as a dummy to brows the marketplace and download themes and such since they can be shared by any account on the xbox.

Recently my friends came back from Japan and bought me a Japanese point card. There is some DLC for my Japanese games that I want to buy. Obviously I am going to need to use my Japanese gamertag to get this DLC since its not available on the US marketplace.

Is there as way I can use this DLC on my US Gamertag so that I can continue my progress and get the achievements, or is it locked to the gamertag that purchased it?

I had a few ideas but i was looking for answers before i waste the point card on DLC i cant use.

1.Is it possible to load up the game with the Japanese account, then log out and swap with my US Gamertag?
2.Is it possible to temporarily convert my US gamertag to Japanese to buy all the DLC then switch it back at a later point?
3.Is there no problem at all (The DLC is not bound to the gamertag and can be used by any gamertag on the system like themes)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot guys!
dieKatze88

Post by dieKatze88 »

3, so long as you buy that DLC On the Xbox you plan on playing it on.

Otherwise you'll have to sign in on 2 controllers.
SpookyCheese

Post by SpookyCheese »

Thank you so much for the quick reply!
Cuilan

Post by Cuilan »

SpookyCheese wrote:Thank you so much for the quick reply!
Just make sure you memorize the email and password you use for you JP account. If you ever replace your current 360 for a different one, you'll need that information in order to transfer the license. Otherwise, you'll have to stay signed in to XBL with both accounts at once.
:lol:
SpookyCheese

Post by SpookyCheese »

Yup, I have everything written down...I'm not sure though if all of the Japanese Gamertag info is saved to the US Customer Support. Hopefully ill never need to find out. "Fingers Crossed"
BaliBlast

Post by BaliBlast »

JP 360 games that aren't SHMUPs exactly but probably have cross-over appeal:

Senko No Ronde DUO
Senko No Ronde Rev X
Gal Gun
Child of Eden

Are there others? Thank you.
tech7

Post by tech7 »

Long time lurker and reader, but registered to see if any one can help me out with this. Sorry for the long read.

I have a Japanese Xbox 360 with a Japanese, Asian and US Live account. I think I messed up with the order I did things in.

So, I bought some Asian points and registered it to my Asian account. I figured I would try to download a Game on Demand (Shooting Love 200X) via a VPN. I initially used PacketiX to show that I'm in Japan. I bought the game via xbox.com (no problems there. I probably shouldn't have done that).

I tried to connect to Live using my Asian account through the VPN. I kept getting MTU errors (whatever...encryption problem of some sort as I read). For the hell of it, I decided to put my xbox back on my normal network (US based) and tried to download the game. It started to download and then failed at 99% (no surprise there).

I decided to use another vpn service, veryfastvpn and it works with connecting to Live. This time I connect to a Hong Kong server (since I registered my Asian account to HK). I tried downloading the game again and it fails. I clear the system cache and tried a third time and it fails. A fourth time it fails, but the fourth time I connected to Singapore.

The strange thing is that the game is a 2.96GB download, but the download percent indicator jumps up very quickly when downloading through the vpn (it should take me HOURS to get a 2.96GB game).

So, I don't know what's going on and I've sorta chalked this up as a loss at this point.
bcass

Post by bcass »

Are you downloading the whole file through VPN? You don't actually have to - you only need to download the start and the last few % via VPN (as that's where the IP checks occur).

I've downloaded a fair bit via VPN (from the Japanese and Asian Marketplaces) and I've had the odd failed download too, but I just kept retrying and eventually they worked.

Also, make sure you manually delete the file before redownloading, otherwise it just tries to download the small license file, not the full game.
tech7

Post by tech7 »

bcass wrote:Are you downloading the whole file through VPN? You don't actually have to - you only need to download the start and the last few % via VPN (as that's where the IP checks occur).

Also, make sure you manually delete the file before redownloading, otherwise it just tries to download the small license file, not the full game.
After the first failure, I have manually deleted the downloaded file and cleared the system cache before retrying and no luck through like 5-6 tries. The weird issue is that the thing is downloading WAY to fast even through the VPN or not through it.

I wonder if buying the game via xbox.com when my laptop was going through Japan while signed into my Asian account might have caused a problem.

I might try to remove my hard drive and download the game fresh to a usb stick instead and see what happens.
bcass

Post by bcass »

I've always paid for JPN/Asian games through the dash, so that might well be the problem.
brentsg

Post by brentsg »

Ok I've got a shitty problem. I am trying to figure out a path forward.

Background:
My Xbox Live account was compromised and some idiot spent my USA points. That has supposedly been resolved, case with MS closed. I bought some MS point cards, associated one of them with my Live account and purchased 2 USA region arcade games from the website while I was there. I boot my USA Xbox and it tells me that they 2 games are associated with a different Xbox console ID.

Log into the website to view DLC and I see the console ID for my USA Xbox, an older (now broken) USA Xbox, my Japanese Xbox, and the fucking hacker's Xbox. Sure enough the hacker's Xbox now owns the 2 arcade games I just bought.

The easy solution would be to use the online tool to consolidate all of my DLC onto my 1 USA Xbox. The problem is that it will move all of the Japanese DLC from that unit to the USA unit (if I used my USA Gamertag). I don't want to do this. Thinking it through, I believe that I had to redeem Cave DLC with my Japan Gamertag. However, I don't really remember if this was required. And with region free games, I'm not sure what I did. I guess it would not HAVE to be on the JPN unit but I'd prefer to leave it there. But the online tool simply doesn't allow for any selection. It's all or nothing.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Edit: I was actually to validate that only Futari Black Lavel was downloaded via my USA Gamertag, so I went ahead and consolidated everything.
Breaking news: Dodonpachi Developer Cave Releases Hello Kitty Game
bcass

Post by bcass »

Try downloading the stuff you want on the US console again on the US console. Select the Download Again option on the Marketplace on the actual console.
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

New dashboard's out, so for JP account users, here's a translation of the new marketplace. Thanks to Ghegs for the screencaps.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
kassj0peja

Post by kassj0peja »

Are NTSC Games on Demand Versions playable on PAL 360s?
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

kassj0peja wrote:Are NTSC Games on Demand Versions playable on PAL 360s?
Deathsmiles II X works, but the mass majority have their regional coding identical to their physical releases, and are IP locked.

kassj0peja

Post by kassj0peja »

thanks.

us or jap version?
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

You said NTSC, so US. The JP version of Deathsmiles II X isn't region-free, unfortunately.

kassj0peja

Post by kassj0peja »

thank you and sorry. i thought in japan they also have ntsc.

are the us versions (games on demand) of raiden IV and raiden fighters aces also region free?
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Both region locked, just like their physical releases.

Basically, trying to buy Games on Demand stuff is a waste of time. Even if a game from the US is region-free, there's no guarantee that the GoD release won't be IP locked.

bcass

Post by bcass »

It's only at the point of download that the IP locking occurs. The games themselves are not IP locked. You only need to circumvent the IP locking once per game, then it's never an issue.

If you have a Japanese console, it's far from a waste of time given that you can buy JPN-only titles for far less than the 2nd hand retail values.
TastySoil

Post by TastySoil »

hey guys --- I just made a japanese xbox live account for my J-Xbox360 for the purpose of downloading Mushi Futari BL -- I bought xboxlive points from play-asia (the asian xbox live points) and got the code from play-asia.

Now I go back to my xbox and fill in the code in the redeem area and it says it's not valid...i've tried it a few times over the past hour and a half.... is there a lag time between when you purchase the points and the points getting activated on microsoft's end? Sucks, I was all ready to play Futari BL :evil:
nZero

Post by nZero »

TastySoil wrote:hey guys --- I just made a japanese xbox live account for my J-Xbox360 for the purpose of downloading Mushi Futari BL -- I bought xboxlive points from play-asia (the asian xbox live points) and got the code from play-asia.
Not sure why you did it just for Futari BL since that's on the world marketplace. Anyway, Asia and Japan are different regions as far as XBL is concerned.

You probably bought this: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-es- ... -3xk8.html

But you needed this: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-es- ... -2jjj.html
TastySoil

Post by TastySoil »

nZero wrote:
TastySoil wrote:hey guys --- I just made a japanese xbox live account for my J-Xbox360 for the purpose of downloading Mushi Futari BL -- I bought xboxlive points from play-asia (the asian xbox live points) and got the code from play-asia.
Not sure why you did it just for Futari BL since that's on the world marketplace. Anyway, Asia and Japan are different regions as far as XBL is concerned.

You probably bought this: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-es- ... -3xk8.html

But you needed this: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-es- ... -2jjj.html
damn it :evil: :evil:
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

And just to reiterate, Futari BL can be purchased using a US gamertag.
TastySoil

Post by TastySoil »

StarCreator wrote:And just to reiterate, Futari BL can be purchased using a US gamertag.
I

If I sign into my J-Xbox360 with my USA gamertag and purchase BL will it be available to play when I am using my Japanese Xbox-gamertage since it'll be on the same Xbox?
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

TastySoil wrote:If I sign into my J-Xbox360 with my USA gamertag and purchase BL will it be available to play when I am using my Japanese Xbox-gamertage since it'll be on the same Xbox?
Yes.