NTSC-J Xbox 360 owner's manual

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
neonecko

Post by neonecko »

I think the new Jaspers are available on playasia. The new arcade models (w/ 256MB storage built-in).
lawnspic

Post by lawnspic »

Did these just go up in price at PA, i thought they were like 270USD yesterday and now they are 289USD
Iron Maiden: "It was dead, but alive at the same time."
kemical

Post by kemical »

anyone order the 360 arcade recently from Play Asia ? Check the amps to see if it is 12.1 ??? (instead of 14.2)
neonecko

Post by neonecko »

I'm still waiting on mine, hasn't even shipped yet (ordered on the 17th). It says it'll ship out before or on May 2 :?. But I'll update you guys with new info if I get any. Maybe someone else here has ordered one before me can chime in.
Guardians Knight

Post by Guardians Knight »

i wonder if we could add a list of japanese xbl shmup content/games that are exclusive to a japanese account? As i was wondering what different stuff id get if i made a jap account - i have now done so and have so far only noticed Trigger Heart, and also the ships for Raiden IV. would be cool to have a list for everyone tho, im sure ive missed plenty...
Battlesmurf

Post by Battlesmurf »

neonecko wrote:I'm still waiting on mine, hasn't even shipped yet (ordered on the 17th). It says it'll ship out before or on May 2 :?. But I'll update you guys with new info if I get any. Maybe someone else here has ordered one before me can chime in.
I've been waiting one for awhile, too. I'm a smidge put off that it's taking this long. Going to be about 5 weeks total from order to door front I'd imagine.
My trade/wanted list
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p1135521

Twitch.tv/RedHotHero
neonecko

Post by neonecko »

Battlesmurf wrote: I've been waiting one for awhile, too. I'm a smidge put off that it's taking this long. Going to be about 5 weeks total from order to door front I'd imagine.
Oh god, I cannot wait that long. I've already bought everything I need to get the most outta my 360 when it arrives.
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Guardians Knight wrote:i wonder if we could add a list of japanese xbl shmup content/games that are exclusive to a japanese account? As i was wondering what different stuff id get if i made a jap account - i have now done so and have so far only noticed Trigger Heart, and also the ships for Raiden IV. would be cool to have a list for everyone tho, im sure ive missed plenty...
I guess I could. There isn't that much out there though; it's mostly just random stuff like gamerpics and themes.

- Senko gamerpics, themes and outfits
- Raiden Fighters Aces gamerpics
- Raiden IV gamerpics and content
- Shikigami no Shiro III gamerpics
- Otomedius G background music, premium theme, gamerpics

I don't think I missed anything. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: Massive thread update complete. I've added a list of current and upcoming shmups for the J360, exclusive DLC, along with some editing here and there.
agustusx

Post by agustusx »

i received mine 2 weeks ago and it was not jasper. Good for me since I wanted the xternal memory card and not the internal junk anyway.

Makes my life easier when switching from my original 360 to the jpn unit.
neonecko

Post by neonecko »

Received my 360 today from Playasia. Definitely a Jasper unit & couldn't be happier. I don't need the external memory card since I already have a 512mb card & a 120gb HDD from previously owning a 360. Raiden IV here I come :D
Damocles

Post by Damocles »

Just to clear things up before I order a JP console:

Will new JP consoles work with US power bricks?

With regards to profiles and saved data. I already own an NTSC-U console with a hard drive. Will I have to migrate licenses/recover profile every time I switch that HD to the other system?
dmauro

Post by dmauro »

I recently moved a hard drive to a new console (US to US) and had to re-download all downloaded content or else they were just considered trial versions. It's pretty easy though, as you just go into account management and there is a list of everything you own and you just choose re-download for everything (easy if you don't own too much digital content anyways). I did not have to recover profiles or save games, those worked fine.
Battlesmurf

Post by Battlesmurf »

neonecko wrote:Received my 360 today from Playasia. Definitely a Jasper unit & couldn't be happier. I don't need the external memory card since I already have a 512mb card & a 120gb HDD from previously owning a 360. Raiden IV here I come :D
2nd'ed. Ordered the unit that was marked as "256 internal memory" from Play-Asia many moons ago- showed up and it was the 12.1 amp jasper- cool and quiet as a kitten.

Double play on Raiden 4 is VERY nice : )
My trade/wanted list
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p1135521

Twitch.tv/RedHotHero
dmauro

Post by dmauro »

What's this about internal memory? (is this only for nxe or can I save saved game files to it?)
neonecko

Post by neonecko »

dmauro wrote:What's this about internal memory? (is this only for nxe or can I save saved game files to it?)

You can save games to it. Acts like a memory card, just internal.
kemical

Post by kemical »

just some info on Play-Asia, it seems they have the X360's stocked, I ordered the X360 w/ internal memory yesterday afternoon and it has been shipped off this morning via UPS (originally it was estimated at 15 days max before shipping)..
so the slow turnaround earlier must have just been them waiting to get the new jaspers in stock.
Guardians Knight

Post by Guardians Knight »

help! just bought a 1600 ms japanese point card from PA and when i type it in it says its not a valid code!! ive checked and double checked its def typed in correctly.

have PA sent me a duff card or has there been a sly update to prevent points being used outside of japan?

UPDATE

ok so i figured out id bought asian points instead of japanese points, so ive made an asian account and its worked, but i cant buy the ships for Raiden IV, keeps on giving me an error: status code:800700e8

can anyone help? FFS only want to buy the fucking different ships!! :cry:
kemical

Post by kemical »

Play-Asia sent me the wrong console...

*edit*
Should I bother with trying to return the item?, seems like it will just be a waste of more money.

It sucks because at the time I ordered, I clearly remember choosing "Xbox 360 Arcade Console (w/ 256MB storage built-in)" and it having a 5-15day ship time, while the other console had a 24hr ship time. It listed my estimated shipping day as Feb 20th, and so I thought to myself maybe they will roll it in with my DDPDOJX pre-order... but then I was surprised to see it listed as shipped the next day.

Currently the "Xbox 360 Arcade Console (w/ 256MB storage built-in)" is listed as back-order.

On my order invoice on their site (there is not one in the box) it lists "Xbox 360 Arcade Console (Japan)" which isn't even a valid item on their site.. and I swear it had read "Xbox 360 Arcade Console (w/ 256MB storage built-in)" during checkout.
neonecko

Post by neonecko »

I would definitely contact them if I were you. Especially since it is not the item you payed for. When I received my 360 it did have an invoice sheet inside so its strange that your package didn't receive one. For clarification, I'm guessing you got the one with the memory unit?

Xbox 360 Arcade Console (w/ 256MB memory unit)
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bq- ... -2lld.html

Xbox 360 Arcade Console (w/ 256MB storage built-in)
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bq- ... -37sb.html
kemical

Post by kemical »

yea i got the memory unit, however that isn't listed on my profile's invoice, it just says Xbox 360 Arcade Console (Japan).. I sent a message earlier but it was a little harsh since at first I thought they were being misleading with the titles of the items.

BTW, what does your invoice (physical copy) say, does it list the internal memory? its weird mine doesn't have an invoice in the box, the plastic baggie taped to the box was empty also (just a UPS label)

It may have been my own error though but I still feel pretty confident I had added the internal memory one, since it was listed as shipping Feb 20th... i did however reset my shopping cart, and re-add the items because I was comparing shipping with and without Raiden IV, so i may have made the mistake myself which sucks, there's no way for me to find out though.. but still pretty confident it was the jasper I tried to order.

Either way, i mean, it will work..and i can always get it fixed by MS, not the end of the world, but I sure would have liked the added confidence of the smaller and cooler running chipset.
RGB

Post by RGB »

I ordered mine on the 5th as well, and it got shipped the next day. I'm 100% sure I ordered the one with built in memory. UPS says I will be receiving it tomorrow, so I will keep you guys updated. Hell, I'll be pissed off if I don't get a Jasper, since I can't service ntsc consoles in the EU :/
neonecko

Post by neonecko »

Does not say that its got internal memory, does not say that its a 360 at for that matter.

My invoice says:

Qty Item
1 Video Game Console
japan

H.S. Code

Origin
JP

Price
RGB

Post by RGB »

I also got a falcon console. Guys, don't order from play-asia.
kemical

Post by kemical »

Sorry to hear that RGB :(
Play-Asia claims I ordered the one with the external memory... I'm keeping it, I can say that (knock on wood) the other Falcon 360 that I've had for about a year and a half now is still working, so hopefully it stays that way.

ALSO!!
I just purchased MS Points on a Japanese profile I made using my credit card... I used zip code 0600000 chose the first prefecture and made up a city (random japanese characters), and the put in my correct billing street address in the addres 1 line. (not including city state or zip)
May want to add that to the info, since I did not need to use a point card of any kind!
neonecko

Post by neonecko »

Awesome kem, as soon as I make a JP Live account I will try this to get the extra ships in Raiden IV.
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

kemical wrote:ALSO!!
I just purchased MS Points on a Japanese profile I made using my credit card... I used zip code 0600000 chose the first prefecture and made up a city (random japanese characters), and the put in my correct billing street address in the addres 1 line. (not including city state or zip)
May want to add that to the info, since I did not need to use a point card of any kind!
This is misinformation. I don't have a Visa card but I can't get this to work with my Mastercard, through any Japanese game which lets you purchase items from the Japanese store via the actual game itself. The only point in time where I was capable of adding my credit card to Japanese accounts was before they stopped allowing foreign credit cards in late 2007. The only games I know of which allow you to do this is Raiden IV, iDOLM@STER, and iDOLM@STER Live For You. So, I won't be adding it to the original post. 060000 also doesn't fill out any information either.
antron

Post by antron »

Has anyone tried a North American Street Fighter IV in a Japanese 360?

Thanks
neonecko

Post by neonecko »

Tried it today. Region Free just like all the other ones!
antron

Post by antron »

neonecko wrote:Tried it today. Region Free just like all the other ones!
sweet, thanks.
ChurchOfSolipsism

Post by ChurchOfSolipsism »

Anyone have any info on whether it's possible to use any old German power brick to power a Japanese Xbox360? The Xbox was built in December 2008 if that's any help.... thanks.
n0rtygames wrote:[The wife] once asked me "whats a shoryuken?" so I gave her a real life demonstration. Except she was too close on the spin. So I actually SRK'd her. With full vocalisation too...